Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Engineer Boots, Harness Boots...

bretron

Call Me a Cab
Jimmer, quick question: do you find the nomads to fit pretty close to Semi Dress? They look like a pretty similar last.

jimmer_5

Practically Family
KYboots - I am tempted to let go of my original brown pair... hmmmmm...

Bretron - I have never had a pair of semi-dress, so I can't comment on the fit. I have owned Smoke Jumpers, and the fit of the Nomads is the same.

illumin8em

A-List Customer
Kyboots - I sent you a PM. I couldn't find and email address.

Bretron - I thought you'd get a kick out of this - I came across an eBay seller who is selling virtually the same Wescos that you ordered. Check it out: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Custom-Wesco-Boss-Narrow-Toe-Engineer-Boot-Vintage-Styling-Brass-Roller-Buckles-/231017482553

I saw those as well, that seller is being tricky with words. He is using the western toe, not the patrol toe. That simple difference is what Wesco will not budge on when pairing with the heel on the actual WescoJapan Narrow Engineers.

jimmer_5

Practically Family
I saw those as well, that seller is being tricky with words. He is using the western toe, not the patrol toe. That simple difference is what Wesco will not budge on when pairing with the heel on the actual WescoJapan Narrow Engineers.

They must be really worried about pissing off a big customer. It's too bad that option isn't available in the states. I personally don't like them with the pointier toe, but a lot of people do.

illumin8em

A-List Customer
It could turn into a legal issue if they did so. I don't like the pointy western toe either, I have my cowboy boots for that, but the patrol toe I do like.

bretron

Call Me a Cab
Jimmer these are those guys I was telling you about: Muskhaven. Yeah they're actually western toe. Funny enough it was them that tipped me off to the fact that you can in fact get the PTs on the Boss heel, just like the Narrows, but only if you buy direct from Wesco, and they'll only do it for US customers, and only in a D width, and only up to a size 11 or 12. But trust me theyll do it.

The only real difference in the JP Narrows and the ones Wesco will sell you direct is the upper stitching, which on Narrows is triple and white, but they wont (for the legal issues illumin8m mentioned) offer directly. However, i actually prefer mine to Narrows cause mine are soft toe:)

Anyway, the muskhave boys are good guys offering a competitive price, but unfortunately aren't able to sell what they want to, and suggest they are: Narrows.

Last edited:

bretron

Call Me a Cab
Some more pics of my PTs
DSCN9586.jpg

DSCN9589.jpg

DSCN9588.jpg

DSCN9587.jpg

DSCN9585.jpg

Did I mention I love these boots??!!

Boyo

Call Me a Cab
Looking good Bret, the toe area is creasing up nice! I really like the shape of the boot almost spade-like.. I would like to see them paired with some denim and one of your leather jackets.. Im sure you can make that happen..

bretron

Call Me a Cab
Looking good Bret, the toe area is creasing up nice! I really like the shape of the boot almost spade-like.. I would like to see them paired with some denim and one of your leather jackets.. Im sure you can make that happen..

Thx, Boyo! I'm hoping for cooler weather to get some good shots of these boots with my new Norshor dpocket. They pair nicely together. Btw- you still on track for your RCs? Despite the price I think they're worth it

Boyo

Call Me a Cab
^^. Yup, I closed the deal yesterday, Should have them before the end of the month.. I'll definitely get some pictures up. I usually wear an 11 or 10.5 in most shoes/sneakers I went with a 10.5 as the folks at MF thought I should size down a 1/2 size..I hope I got the fit right..

bretron

Call Me a Cab
Happy to hear. Those are going to be sweet!

At least you'll be able to return them for a different size if they don't fit! With custom Wescos what you get is what you get- no returns unless factory error.

jimmer_5

Practically Family
Congrats Boyo! Those Road Champs should be fantastic. I have a pair of the RRL engineers made by Julian (who makes the Road Champ) and the construction is extremely impressive. The leather is very thick, yet supple, and the details are just right. The Road Champs are a different style, bu the same leather, construction, and build quality.

Boyo

Call Me a Cab
Congrats Boyo! Those Road Champs should be fantastic. I have a pair of the RRL engineers made by Julian (who makes the Road Champ) and the construction is extremely impressive. The leather is very thick, yet supple, and the details are just right. The Road Champs are a different style, bu the same leather, construction, and build quality.

Thanks Jimmer, I'm looking forward to getting my feet in em..

Mr Badger

Practically Family
Finally got around to putting studs & jewels on my fave old no-name engineer boots today – the pattern largely replicates one I saw on a vintage pair, minus the heel cup & top of shaft studs, which are just a bit too much for me!

1010363_340151156117715_1561029802_n.jpg

Next for 'em is a double leather resole and shaped wood heel blocks w/deadstock Cat's Paw heels...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24