Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Engineer Boots, Harness Boots...

Bunyip

Call Me a Cab
Did you try a price fom Baker? There's also a due on EBay selling sumo Wesco boss at a great price with less wait time...muskhaven I think his name is...

Dickie Teenie

A-List Customer
For some reason I have an urge to get the Wesco Boss boots. Is there anywhere in the UK or even Europe that does stock boots?

If not, I was just going to go with Big Black Boots in the US and accept the hammering on customs.
Might find what your looking for at Wesco's website, scroll to the bottom and click factory seconds. Some are, some are "new" most have the vibram 100 sole thou. The savings should pay for your customs duties.

kyboots

Practically Family
For some reason I have an urge to get the Wesco Boss boots. Is there anywhere in the UK or even Europe that does stock boots?

If not, I was just going to go with Big Black Boots in the US and accept the hammering on customs.

Have you worn Wesco's before? If not they are super heavy. I picked up a pair of stock black Boss boots couple years ago for everyday and still look new, but most folks are not aware of their weight. You might be surprised there. They have been popular in Europe for several years, you might find some pre-worn if you have any interest there. Surely there is a Wesco dealer across the pond?

Dickie Teenie

A-List Customer
Good luck! please send pictures!

Well i went with the 11" MP last with their new chromed tanned (not Horween) leather. I'll have them build me the Boss w/Motor Patrol shaft when the new Indian Scout motorcycle comes out, hoping this fall. I'll check in with pic's when i get these, should be in 8 weeks or so.

Bunyip

Call Me a Cab
Well i went with the 11" MP last with their new chromed tanned (not Horween) leather. I'll have them build me the Boss w/Motor Patrol shaft when the new Indian Scout motorcycle comes out, hoping this fall. I'll check in with pic's when i get these, should be in 8 weeks or so.
Great stuff Dikie....was that the new stuff on Facebook?

Dickie Teenie

A-List Customer
Boss 11" with MP toe on the 1339 last with Boss heal in their new brown. I'm not sure what they call the leather as it's not listed on their website yet. I went with 2" longer inset straps, brass buckles and a single midsole and the vibram 430 mini lug sole.

Bunyip

Call Me a Cab
Boss 11" with MP toe on the 1339 last with Boss heal in their new brown. I'm not sure what they call the leather as it's not listed on their website yet. I went with 2" longer inset straps, brass buckles and a single midsole and the vibram 430 mini lug sole.
Love it...I really like the 2" longer strap. Wish whites offered that option...have they given you an estimate of wait time? They sound fantastic. I really like the heel they have done too.

Dickie Teenie

A-List Customer
I think thev've been stating a 14 week wait, White's are much quicker currently. They haven't made the Boss heal with MP toe available here in the US until fairly recently, it was reservered for the Japanese market. Thankfully we're not paying in Yen.

Bunyip

Call Me a Cab
My word, They pay in heavy coin for everything...they're a great boot, ive sent them a couple of emails and am yet to hear back...will keep you posted mate.

jimmer_5

Practically Family

Is the new brown leather a full 7-8oz thickness, or is it thinner like Black Tie? My one complaint with Wesco is that their standard brown leather is not very rich in color - it's very dark. It is very supple and is still excellent leather, but not much to look at. Congrats on the new order!

Dickie Teenie

A-List Customer
Is the new brown leather a full 7-8oz thickness, or is it thinner like Black Tie? My one complaint with Wesco is that their standard brown leather is not very rich in color - it's very dark. It is very supple and is still excellent leather, but not much to look at. Congrats on the new order!

It's a full weight leather and here's the best pic they have posted showing how it looks.
1620357_10153812844100393_1549630318_n.jpg

Kato

Familiar Face
I hv brought my Wesco boss to Fukurokuju for buckle & heels replacement , during my trip in Japan last week !

20140204_113629.jpg

20140204_113647.jpg

In this picture, you may find the buckle at the top of my Wesco Boss is broken
20140204_111647.jpg

20140204_111753.jpg

20140204_112154.jpg

20140204_112202.jpg

20140204_112223.jpg

So many buckle sample for selection there :
20140204_113034.jpg

20140204_113044.jpg

Picture with Mr. Takeshi