Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Engineer Boots, Harness Boots...

pawineguy

One Too Many
Ok, after initially ordering replacements for my domain brown with the funny hard to look at heart breaking heels, I changed my order at the last minute to black domain. I agonised over burgundy domain, or brown rough out..I couldn't make my mind up. Then, out of nowhere I bit the bullet, made an emergency phone call with a couple of hours before they cut the leather and changed to black. I don't own a single pair of black boots. I have 2 decent black pair to wear with a suit. Zero on the casual side. I have never even owned a pair of black jeans ...I thought it was a staple that I needed, and I do ride a motorbike ( a black one!) anyway, so it's probably about time I owned some black kit....they will be here in a fortnight, so will be sure to post. Double mids, 705sole, 2" extra instep, vintage brass roller buckles, would pref nickel with black, but I thought I was going brown again, natural edges....looking forward to it. In the meantime, anyone got any new pics to post? It would be cool to see some boots with a bit of wear on them? Anyone?

If you get bored of the black, just take some brown polish and polish right over the top of the black. Depending on the lighting, it goes between a funky olive color, very very dark brown, or the look of those jackets that are overdyed black over brown. I did it on some stock Wesco Boss boots and it's a different look for 15 minutes of my time. (and pretty easily reversible)

Boyo

Call Me a Cab
BA3AB5DD-9BF5-4A83-A803-36F1A1FAEA21_zpseng0mlz9.jpg

Mister Freedom Road Champs

The Real McCoys Chippewa

Last edited:

Kato

Familiar Face
My first pair of horse hide Phigvel Engineer boot arrived today :

10881441_10152561370463807_1715838339_n.jpg

10863618_10152561374183807_628894047_n.jpg

The comparison of shape between Phigvel and Redwing PT83 :

10866971_10152561421073807_471611107_n.jpg

10859779_10152561421873807_716400454_n.jpg

Same as usual, I hv the boots polished by using Saphir Creme 1925 color no.10
10850714_10152561437978807_1423848830_n.jpg

10863745_10152561470518807_653372802_n.jpg

10881309_10152561433148807_1862543473_n.jpg

Bunyip

Call Me a Cab
If you get bored of the black, just take some brown polish and polish right over the top of the black. Depending on the lighting, it goes between a funky olive color, very very dark brown, or the look of those jackets that are overdyed black over brown. I did it on some stock Wesco Boss boots and it's a different look for 15 minutes of my time. (and pretty easily reversible)

That's a great tip, and one I will likely use, cheers mate!

dudewuttheheck

I'll Lock Up
Those Phigvels look fantastic.

I was having a hard time deciding between the Road Champs and the Lofgrens... so I just put my name down for some Role Clubs. Can't wait!

Kato

Familiar Face
Those Phigvels look fantastic.

I was having a hard time deciding between the Road Champs and the Lofgrens... so I just put my name down for some Role Clubs. Can't wait!

I put John Lofgren to be the best .... Road Champ is cool.. but some of my friends find their toes really hurt...XD...

dudewuttheheck

I'll Lock Up
I put John Lofgren to be the best .... Road Champ is cool.. but some of my friends find their toes really hurt...XD...

I like them both a lot, but I have to admit my jaw dropped when I saw Brian's horsehide boots so I had to jump on them as soon as I could.

daizawaguy

Call Me a Cab
The guys are top class work, not sure of responsiveness internationally, but great work. I line 1 mile from them.

Hi guys,
Just wondering if anyone here has had any experience getting any work done on their boots by Brass in Tokyo? I'm considering sending some boots there, and would be very interested in anyone's experience, good, bad or otherwise.

smoothsailor

One of the Regulars
Bunyip,
They are easy to work with. Only make sure about the cost.
I, ve had a pair of redwings resoled and resized. Easy comunication and on point with deliverie . Check , feet up work boots thread, i just posted a picture

Bunyip

Call Me a Cab
Bunyip,
They are easy to work with. Only make sure about the cost.
I, ve had a pair of redwings resoled and resized. Easy comunication and on point with deliverie . Check , feet up work boots thread, i just posted a picture
They look great! Was there an issue with a changing quote? They have given me a price, it's half of what the other Japanese guys quoted....just want to get it right first time if possible..

AndrewC

New in Town
I am wanting to get a pair of White's Nomads, but I usually wear slim straight leg jeans and I am worried that my jeans won't fit over the boots. Are there any nomad owners out there that could tell me what the shaft circumference is at the top opening of the nomad - and the size of the boot for reference. Also - I take a size 8.5E in whites semi-dress and Bakers recommended 8.5D in the nomad (chromexcel) because they said the will stretch a lot. Can anyone comment on sizing and stretching - Thanks.

IXL

One Too Many
I have a pair of Nomads in a beautiful chromexcel , size 11D. The shaft measurement at the top is 17 3/8 inches. This was taken at the smallest opening of the adjustable shaft. My 11Ds fit a bit larger than the same boot from Wesco, so I use inserts in them.

Last edited:

univibe88

One Too Many
My SD and SJ are size 9FF. I got my CXL Nomads in size 9F. Going down one width is good advice. Mine measure 16.5" inches around the top. I put the tape measure around the outside while wearing them. My jeans have an 18" cuff opening and work fine.

ykurtz

One of the Regulars
Looking to get a pair of White's Nomads from Baker. For heels, they offer the block, ranch packer and standard. Can anyone explain (or just point me to some pics) on what is the difference between the ranch packer and standard? I've googled ranch packer and looked at a lot of pics of what I believe are standard heels and it's hard to discern a difference. Thanks!

Last edited:

Enough

One of the Regulars
Ranch packer is a angled heel (think cowboy boot) for riding horses. Not a cowboy boot roper heel (straight block heel) for stability on the ground for throwing ropes at horses. Standard White's heel is their Cuban curved heel (granny boot heel). Throw White's Boots into Google and click the images on the top of the page you will find a lot examples of all of the above mentioned heels. Good luck on your search.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zonko