Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Engineer Boots, Harness Boots...

Kato

Familiar Face
Anyone ever bought short engineers? As in 6" short? I usually stick with 10". I fly a lot, though, including four trips to China in Spring/ Summer, and all that taking shoes on and off for security gets old. Still not sure I can bring myself to try slip on shoes, but these might bd an option...http://sendra.com/coleccion/carol-negro-2/ Anyone ever buy Sendra boots? Look nice, at a price closer what feels right for me...

It looks ugly for me...:eek:

kyboots

Practically Family
I don't have that pair but have a brown pair of Sendra engineers that I wear a lot and are well built.
These are the so called David Beckam boots that he advertised and wore. I have been very pleased with the Sendra boots. I have expericed fit problems with Chippewa. The vamp is too tight above my ankles. These Sendra's are about 11 inches.

Last edited:

Edward

Bartender
It looks ugly for me...:eek:

They're not quite as cool as a taller boot, no.... I'm thinking for practical purposes, though, they might just be ideal for me (typically when I fly out there it's too hot for full length boots, and I always wear 'em under trews anyhow....). ;)

I don't have that pair but have a brown pair of Sendra engineers that I wear a lot and are well built.

Cool. They do seem to be a rung up from my Grinders and such, but not so expensive as a lot of the big names. Bonus for me as I don't think I wear engineers often enough to put down the really serious money. (Though if ever I can manage a pair of the Lewis Leathers, I'm there....). I have a pair of Grinders that are beautifully constructed and ideal for snow, but on the heavy side for wearing all day - steel toecaps, heavy rubber sole, and the likes. Tonka engineers, really. ;) Those and a pair of brown CAT ones, but I have my eye on maybe something different (certainly a lighter black pair for regular wear - by comparison to the Grinders, the Cats are like wearing Chuck Taylors). I'm quite taken by a few of the Sendra models I can find online, not least this one produced for Rumbel 59:

rumble59_brown_engine.jpg
rumble59_black_engine.jpg

These are the so called David Beckam boots that he advertised and wore. I have been very pleased with the Sendra boots. I have expericed fit problems with Chippewa. The vamp is too tight above my ankles. These Sendra's are about 11 inches.

Aha! I vaguely remember him being mentioned in connection with boots.... makes sense he got involved with this brand - presumably while he was in Spain. Interesting guy, Beckham - I'm not a fan / don't follow football, but he'scome a long way, wardrobe-wise. Could learn a bit about coordinating different bits, but he has some nice stuff. Think he was also a Grenson fan, if not endorsee?

BrianTheBootmaker

Familiar Face
Here is the official color way for the Role Club engineer boots. I present to you all the Dark Olive Steerhide. This Thursday on October 30, 2014 I will begin accepting orders from the waiting list. Thank you all for your patience and I appreciate everyone's positive feedback. I will also be posting detail pictures and descriptions on RoleClub.com

jimmer_5

Practically Family
I hope this doesn't come off as any kind of negative attack, but I thought it was worth mentioning:

I called Wesco the other day to discuss some options for an order. The guy I spoke to was fantastic, and great to work with - I highly recommend calling up and discussion your ideas with him. The only thing that surprised me was when I asked for a quote to resole my Boss boots. I have a pair of brown Boss boots with double midsoles and Vibram 705 composition half soles. The quoted price to resole them was $175. That's not highway robbery, but I was surprised nonetheless - it's been a few years, but I have generally paid $90-$120 for a quality resoling job. My point is, when you're looking at that kind of price, there are several quality craftsmen out there that will do a beautiful job for less, or will really "go the extra mile" for a little more (see the post above this one).

If you've been reading this thread for five minutes, you've seen plenty of Brian the Bootmaker's work (Role Club), and Bakers supposedly does great work as well. Hukurokuju also does some amazing work if you can handle shipping your boots to and from Japan. All I know is that I will be exploring some of the other fine options that are available for resoling. No disrespect towards Wesco at all, I just feel that for that kind of money, there are several great options available.

Bunyip

Call Me a Cab
I hope this doesn't come off as any kind of negative attack, but I thought it was worth mentioning:

I called Wesco the other day to discuss some options for an order. The guy I spoke to was fantastic, and great to work with - I highly recommend calling up and discussion your ideas with him. The only thing that surprised me was when I asked for a quote to resole my Boss boots. I have a pair of brown Boss boots with double midsoles and Vibram 705 composition half soles. The quoted price to resole them was $175. That's not highway robbery, but I was surprised nonetheless - it's been a few years, but I have generally paid $90-$120 for a quality resoling job. My point is, when you're looking at that kind of price, there are several quality craftsmen out there that will do a beautiful job for less, or will really "go the extra mile" for a little more (see the post above this one).

If you've been reading this thread for five minutes, you've seen plenty of Brian the Bootmaker's work (Role Club), and Bakers supposedly does great work as well. Hukurokuju also does some amazing work if you can handle shipping your boots to and from Japan. All I know is that I will be exploring some of the other fine options that are available for resoling. No disrespect towards Wesco at all, I just feel that for that kind of money, there are several great options available.
That sucks mate...if only there were a pair for sale with new soles, vintage buckles in the new brown domain leather available at a heavily discounted price....;)

wdw

One Too Many
But with Wesco won't they include a refurb of some description in that price? If that's the case, the price isn't too bad. I know in the UK that Trickers a year or so ago were costing about £90 or $145 for a resole, again with some sort of refurb thrown in.

I have a couple of Wesco's and am only disappointed that it's not feasible for me to send the boots back there when the time comes.

wdw

One Too Many
Brian's boots look really interesting and I like the whole one man band vibe.

If the prices and wait time aren't too outrageous I'll be very tempted. Let's see what tomorrow brings.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CCRider