Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Engineer Boots, Harness Boots...

SpeedRcrX

One Too Many
Hey Speed that neuroma pain should go away over time. I would think the Wesco's would be great with less pressure.

I hope so my first surgery on my left foot was in 2010 and I still have some pain when walking.
My second surgery on my right foot was this September and the pain is really bothersome....
Plus my surgeon told me my foot has a lot of arthritis...

So, I wrote down my feet problems when I was completing the form, something Wesco asked when you went with the custom size.

Anyway I can wait to have those boots, I hear a lot of good thing about them.

IXL

One Too Many
All of my Wesco boots have the standard toe configuration, which is pretty roomy. The only downside to this is that the only motorcycles I have that allow the boot-toe under the gearshift lever, are the big Harleys. None of my BMWs, or even the Harley XR1200X (the coolest bike on the planet) have anything close to enough room.
For all of these bikes the Chippewa engineers do the trick nicely.

univibe88

One Too Many
You should be able to adjust your shifter to provide more room. I also find myself using the side of the boot, the stitching along the sole, to upshift instead of putting my entire toe under the ****er (even though it does fit.)

kyboots

Practically Family
All of my Wesco boots have the standard toe configuration, which is pretty roomy. The only downside to this is that the only motorcycles I have that allow the boot-toe under the gearshift lever, are the big Harleys. None of my BMWs, or even the Harley XR1200X (the coolest bike on the planet) have anything close to enough room.
For all of these bikes the Chippewa engineers do the trick nicely.

Never thought to even bring that up. I just need more room for my big toes!

IXL

One Too Many
You should be able to adjust your shifter to provide more room. I also find myself using the side of the boot, the stitching along the sole, to upshift instead of putting my entire toe under the ****er (even though it does fit.)

Some of these bikes have virtually no adjustment, certainly not enough for the fat Wescos. Back in the old days just about every bike encountered could be rotated an inch or two either direction. The problem with rotating the lever on the ones that do allow this, is that then if wearing anything other than the Wesco boots, the lever is about a mile too high for a smooth shift.
I too have shifted with everything from the side of the boot, to the top rear of the heel by placing the whole boot in front of a shifter and hooking it. I much prefer just getting a toe under it.

regius

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Work America boots, any comment on the heel slippage? There's a pair on ebay for 100 my size in theory.

regius

Good to hear, Zephyrspeed. I was doing work around the house this weekend with my $700 Horsehide Beck Engineers which started to hurt (didn't use insoles) and decided to throw on my Work America's (without insoles) and it was such a relief - like day and night. They were lightweight and comfortable. My ideal shoe size is 8 and so are the Work America's. They fit like a glove!

Yeah, well good deal. I hope people heed our feedback and take advantage of the few Work America's on eBay. BTW, I'm not at all affiliated with any sellers on eBay who have Work America's or am not selling them myself. I'm just an Engineer Boot collector and wanted to pass on good info to good people. :)

bidding on a pair of 8 right now, they are MINE! thanks to your threads. i hope they don't slip

regius

took a trip to downtown NYC and checked out the very aloof Real McCoy store next to Blue and Green. Not sure how these Japanese can survive the world market, $2700 engineer boots, $3000 motorcycle jacket, i don't care what horsehide you use and what your labor cost is, these people live in an economical bubble! I personally work for a Japanese company in the US and our products are the same, $$$$ in a market of $$. This is way beyond fair labor, this is ignoring the world's people's need to make a living and support themselves.

bretron

Call Me a Cab
Reg, time for you to get a pair of Attractions. Real world price, JP repro quality

5ED5E6AE-8B7B-470B-82B6-F1354DF83C5E.jpg

CB2DD617-61EE-4D53-AC8F-ED4E96BEF3AC.jpg

Last edited:

dudewuttheheck

I'll Lock Up
Those are gorgeous and are not stupidly priced. I agree that some of the JP repro stuff is too much while also being limited size-wise. My J-100 from Diamond Dave cost less than half what a Buco would and uses the same leather, fits me better, and while not as laser straight, is of IMO same quality. It's weird, though. Not all the Japanese denim brands are too insanely priced. It seems that the report brands are the ones that really charge exorbitant amounts.

The attractions boots actually look better than the Buco boots imo because of the lack of the bulbous toe.

Edward

Bartender
What kind of price are those Attractions? Where are they found? I like the look of a chunky boot toe, but experience has taught me a neater fitting boot is much mord comfortable to wear all day, especially walking a lot.

bretron

Call Me a Cab
Paul, sorry for any confusion on my part for that. I find these fit the exact same as the Alden Barrie last, which as a general rule is approx one size larger than your normal TTS. The majority of owners I talked with har gone with their Motor Patrol and Road Champ size in these. Hope it helps.

Edward, as for pricing; they cost me 80940 yen shipped from JP (I purchased direct from Attractions- just email them), which at the exchange rate converted to approx $690. Not cheap, but an absolute steal for top shelf engineer boots IMO

strokes1251

Practically Family
I'm not sure if I should post here but if anyone has rrl julians or wescos in a 10D in the US message me$$$ again sorry if this isn't the place for this post I'm thinking about finally pulling the trigger on some!

Edit: Just pulleed the trigger on some newer made rrl Murdock's (the Texas made ones) for 5 big ones brand new will update with pics when they arrive!

Last edited:

regius

Paul, sorry for any confusion on my part for that. I find these fit the exact same as the Alden Barrie last, which as a general rule is approx one size larger than your normal TTS. The majority of owners I talked with har gone with their Motor Patrol and Road Champ size in these. Hope it helps.

Edward, as for pricing; they cost me 80940 yen shipped from JP (I purchased direct from Attractions- just email them), which at the exchange rate converted to approx $690. Not cheap, but an absolute steal for top shelf engineer boots IMO

Bret, good one! Never heard of them, but will find out. Just ordered a pair of Iron Heart/Wesco, called 30s engineer boots, basically the "patrol toe". Will update pic.

Never actually bought from japan before, as i often find the language of great barrier, ironically i work for a japanese company and my buddy is japanese, just came to the US. maybe he can help me, and i have a whole traffic department that handle large shipments in and out of border!

regius

Reg, time for you to get a pair of Attractions. Real world price, JP repro quality

5ED5E6AE-8B7B-470B-82B6-F1354DF83C5E.jpg

CB2DD617-61EE-4D53-AC8F-ED4E96BEF3AC.jpg

Bret, also, could you post a link to the attraction site where you bought these? what's your size? i wear 8 in most American engineers. I tried to put on the Buco from Real McCoy, completely failed and took a sweat, the young shop keeper just stared at me.... completely failed to put them on...

regius

steerhide is "restock to be hoped", guess will have to get the horse buttocks. question is, do they silp?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk