Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Engineer Boots, Harness Boots...

Mich486

One Too Many
8854C7DB-BE84-4D43-87FC-27794376136F.jpeg
Vintage 50’s Wearmasters (not mine)

Edward

Bartender
^^Might try a pair of Wrangler Cowboy Cut jeans with those...

S'what I wear with mine. I just wish Wrangler would do these in a darker indigo, as well as a "normal" black denim (for the contrast cuff, rather than 'same colour'. It'd be *nice* if they were selvedge, but having tried everything over the years from supermarket denim to £200 items, it's hard to beat the basic Wrangler Cowboy Cut for value if you just want a basic blue jean with an authentic, mid-century look.

Back when I got my first pair of engineers, I wore drainpipes; I just wore the boots over the top of the jeans, a la Sid Vicious or the Brit rockers from a generation earlier that inspired him. Nowadays there's no jeans I own slim enough that could tuck into an engineer, let alone a zip-back Lewis boot!

AeroFan_07

I'll Lock Up
S'what I wear with mine. I just wish Wrangler would do these in a darker indigo, as well as a "normal" black denim (for the contrast cuff, rather than 'same colour'. It'd be *nice* if they were selvedge, but having tried everything over the years from supermarket denim to £200 items, it's hard to beat the basic Wrangler Cowboy Cut for value if you just want a basic blue jean with an authentic, mid-century look.

Back when I got my first pair of engineers, I wore drainpipes; I just wore the boots over the top of the jeans, a la Sid Vicious or the Brit rockers from a generation earlier that inspired him. Nowadays there's no jeans I own slim enough that could tuck into an engineer, let alone a zip-back Lewis boot!

Edward - I fully get this and the whole Selvedge deal as well. Have to remember these are ~ $35 USD jeans here and there are thousands of actual cowboys who buy these and wear them till they literally fall apart. The color is interesting to me. I think it's sort of it's own trademark. I used to own a black pair (which are all black, as you indicate) but I just never found myself wearing them much.

So again - many folks buying these actually ride horses and the occassional bull.
They don't want to spend more $$$
The seem to like a certain look and color - but I agree offering the same in a darker indigo blue might up thier game a bit. It may also up thier price...

Edward

Bartender
Edward - I fully get this and the whole Selvedge deal as well. Have to remember these are ~ $35 USD jeans here and there are thousands of actual cowboys who buy these and wear them till they literally fall apart. The color is interesting to me. I think it's sort of it's own trademark. I used to own a black pair (which are all black, as you indicate) but I just never found myself wearing them much.

So again - many folks buying these actually ride horses and the occassional bull.
They don't want to spend more $$$
The seem to like a certain look and color - but I agree offering the same in a darker indigo blue might up thier game a bit. It may also up thier price...

Absolutely - these are legit workwear, which is of course part of the appeal. TBH, while a slightly darker colour would be nice, I don't really miss the selvedge. I mean, that little tic on my cuffs is cute and all, but I've learned from these 13MWZ and the Prison Blues I had some years ago (though those have shot up in price over here) that selvedge doesn't in any way guarantee a better jean than non-selvedge. It's not a qualitative difference, at least in my experience.

Part of me wishes the 13MWZ was widely available in the UK (I have to ship in from the US, and it has to be via Amazon as Wrangler won't sell me anything from their website as they have the EU website for that), but then there's the danger if they were that I might end up having to pay a lot more in the long run..... Another item added to my list to pick up six pairs of when I next visit the US... ;)

Mr Peabody

One of the Regulars
Wesco has a pre order for the Van Cleef 3 veg tan leather.
Any other pre orders going on like viberg-iron heart that happened years back?

who has the best unstructured toe engineer boot too?

Peacoat

Bartender
There are at least two active engineer boots threads. Maybe request this be merged in one for greater traffic.
Good idea.

The easiest and fastest way to alert me when something needs attention is to tag me in the post in which you made a suggestion.
@Peacoat alerts me every time I check the Lounge. I check in multiple times a day to see if anything needs my attention.

Or you could PM me. That gets my attention as well, but it is more time consuming for the member. PC

AeroFan_07

I'll Lock Up
^^ Good plan here!

Really really wishing these fit!! Wesco 11D Mr. Lou's. What you cannot see are my toes on both feet complaining as they are pressed firmly against the front of both boots. :) Did not leave them on long.

In most Manufacturer's 11 - 12 will work for me. Sometimes the 11's I may contact the Left foot as it's slightly longer than the Right. These must be even a bit shorter as both feet contacted. Up in the Classifieds - I will be ordering a pair of 12D's shortly. The construction is incredible on these, build like a tank, yet a bit lighter than I expected.

IMG_8202.JPG
IMG_8204.JPG

indigoeagle

One of the Regulars

SpencerD.

Familiar Face
Showing off in the black horsebutt engineer boots I made View attachment 265524
^^ Good plan here!

Really really wishing these fit!! Wesco 11D Mr. Lou's. What you cannot see are my toes on both feet complaining as they are pressed firmly against the front of both boots. :) Did not leave them on long.

In most Manufacturer's 11 - 12 will work for me. Sometimes the 11's I may contact the Left foot as it's slightly longer than the Right. These must be even a bit shorter as both feet contacted. Up in the Classifieds - I will be ordering a pair of 12D's shortly. The construction is incredible on these, build like a tank, yet a bit lighter than I expected.

View attachment 281139 View attachment 281140
I normally wear a 10.5 and i had to move up to an 11 in these myself

regius

My Mail is Forwarded Here
So, after six months (not bad), finally received a new pair of RoleClub. Beautifuo as always and light weight this time, due to pure leather sole. However, something scary with them, I can’t get my heel past the neck (just above the heel cup). I recall my first pair five years ago to also be fitted around the turn but I can get past it with a small push, not these. I can see my heel making a bulge at the rear. Still waiting to hear back from Brian.
but for my own remedy, I think a boot shaft stretcher (I have such a contraption) can fix right? It’s really a matter of stretching the two shaft panels and cause minimal strain on seams?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leatherpatch