Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Equestrian 1959 R M Williams Catalogue

alden405

A-List Customer
img324.jpg

draws

Practically Family
alden405 said:

alden405, thanks for posting these pages. It's really too bad that the breeches outlined on this page are so hard to find nowadays. The cut is perfect for our troop and their business would be brisk, with us anyway. Instead, we must settle for the repro cut wherever we can find them and the mounted look suffers. The closest look we can find is with www.horsecountrylife.com breeches, and even they are having difficulty stocking their breeches. Very nice!

alden405

A-List Customer
a pleasure

worth noting anyone that has measured me for breeches and jods never measured me this way and as a result the breeches and jods look OK but are lousy to ride in!!!!

aaarrgghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

draws

Practically Family
alden405 said:
a pleasure

worth noting anyone that has measured me for breeches and jods never measured me this way and as a result the breeches and jods look OK but are lousy to ride in!!!!

aaarrgghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
I agree totally. Because we are required to wear the traditional cut breeches, we basically have to depend on the run-of-the-mill cut that is provided without any clue of the particulars. We have paid the price for that and it is why I spend so much time looking for well made and vintage breeches. They are not made this way any longer.

I have not seen this order form either and the measurements being requested are far and away beneficial to a better made breech/jods. The photo of the jodhpurs posted earlier are indicative of much better attention to cut as well. I simply cannot believe that this pair fits me so well and is a testament to the quality level applied in the trade many years ago. It is a strange coincidence then that I was able to find these at this time and that fit so well. Using this form will be a great benefit to those in my troop who wish to have custom breeches made. Thanks for posting.

alden405

A-List Customer
draws said:
I have not seen this order form either and the measurements being requested are far and away beneficial to a better made breech/jods. The photo of the jodhpurs posted earlier are indicative of much better attention to cut as well. I simply cannot believe that this pair fits me so well and is a testament to the quality level applied in the trade many years ago. It is a strange coincidence then that I was able to find these at this time and that fit so well. Using this form will be a great benefit to those in my troop who wish to have custom breeches made. Thanks for posting.

and thats exactly why im happy to take them of your hands!

glad to have been of help,also worth noting the 3 width of leg above the knee

draws

Practically Family
alden405 said:
and thats exactly why im happy to take them of your hands!

glad to have been of help,also worth noting the 3 width of leg above the knee
Interesting that you should mention the 3 width above the knee. I have a pair of breeches with that 3 width shown. It just so happens that they are a pair of 1930's fall front breeches with a very wide flare and they fit perfectly. If you wish, I'll post a photo.

draws

Practically Family
2144050420104326402S600x600Q85.jpg

2678955430104326402S600x600Q85.jpg

alden405 said:
More is good,thanks

Here you go. These breeches are made of a very heavy elastique wool material that are literally bullet-proof to wear. I have seen similar breeches sold by Shipperfabrik and What Price Glory. Again, the mass produced variants of these breeches fall far short in quality and that is reflected in their wearability mounted. The cost to reproduce the cuts can be prohibitive so that is why I will collect as many of these as possible so long as the price is right. Just don't make them like they use to!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusa80