Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Equestrian 1959 R M Williams Catalogue

alden405

A-List Customer
Im in the same boat,i snap up what i can when i can.
Im have a fleet of breeches and boots and hardly ride these days!

Oh the shame of it.

Evan Everhart

A-List Customer
draws said:
2144050420104326402S600x600Q85.jpg

2678955430104326402S600x600Q85.jpg

Here you go. These breeches are made of a very heavy elastique wool material that are literally bullet-proof to wear. I have seen similar breeches sold by Shipperfabrik and What Price Glory. Again, the mass produced variants of these breeches fall far short in quality and that is reflected in their wearability mounted. The cost to reproduce the cuts can be prohibitive so that is why I will collect as many of these as possible so long as the price is right. Just don't make them like they use to!

Do you know of any other sources than ebay for acquiring such gorgeous examples? Those are beyond luxe! I've got a pair of pea-green slightly flared jodhpurs with buttons up the side of each hip which I enjoy but they are very old and I need more decent riding breeches and jodhpurs with flared hips.

Have you checked out Argentine Polo?
http://www.argentinapolo.com/

Their boots are somewhat questionable in my own estimation as they do not encourage one by their descriptions or recommendations, regarding an obvious favouritism for zip and buckle boots which I do not personally favour, especially when the zips or buckles are so very evident as in the models which they show, but their breeches seem well enough though, they are only available in tones of white and off-white (I am assuming this means a "putty" tone).

Note further that they include directions to take measurements with the knees bent.

MILITARY JODHPURS
Classic British Indian riding breeches. Military style with baggy thighs, reinforced knees, and laced calves. Custom made. (color: white or khaki) (specify measurements: 1. around waist, 2. crotch, 3. around hips, 4. length from waist to just above knee, 5. length from waist to ankle bone, 6. around knee, 7. around calf. *Note: crotch is measured loosely from top of bent in front between legs to top of belt in back; don't measure too tight)

There is also an amusing link to an image of Argentine polo players from 1917 next to the jodhpurs on their page. Over-all; pretty reasonable too, only 110. for custom jodhpurs which are apparently made properly. Anyhow, take care!

draws

Practically Family
Evan Everhart said:
Do you know of any other sources than ebay for acquiring such gorgeous examples? Those are beyond luxe! I've got a pair of pea-green slightly flared jodhpurs with buttons up the side of each hip which I enjoy but they are very old and I need more decent riding breeches and jodhpurs with flared hips.

Schipperfabrik and What Price Glory do sell reasonably priced elastique material breeches. I have a pair of Shipperfabrik and will provide a photo of me in them (to follow)

Have you checked out Argentine Polo?
http://www.argentinapolo.com/!

I have two pairs of argentinapolo breeches and they are very nice. The only problem I had was that they made the rise too small and are tight in the crotch (High Octive voice accompanyment). They are made with what I think is the best Khaki material found so far. Be carefull when ordering from them especially the type of flair you want, how many inches above the knee that you want the outward flair to start, the widest width of the flair at the thigh, the total length (to the ankle) and of course the rise in the crotch. Tom is good to work with and communications are important with this supplier.

There is also an amusing link to an image of Argentine polo players from 1917 next to the jodhpurs on their page. Over-all; pretty reasonable too, only 110. for custom jodhpurs which are apparently made properly. Anyhow, take care!

As for buying breeches and jodhpurs on ebay. That is where I have made my best purchases. I have about 30 pair of vintage style men's breeches in my collection from the pastl 35 years of riding and simply will not part with any of them. They are all 36" waist which are sooooo hard to find today at a reasonable price. Good Luck. I will follow up with a photo of the Schipperfabrik breeches shortly.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
usleathermart