Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Esther Weis Millinery

GHT

I'll Lock Up
When my wife, Tina, made an original pair of 1930's baggy trousers for me, there was only one lady that could compliment those authentic pants, and how that lady did the trousers justice by making such an exquisite lid. How lucky am I?
hats 070.jpg

Tukwila

My Mail is Forwarded Here

GHT

I'll Lock Up
Straw hats and blazers are a perfect summer match. You have seen this photo previously, it is another hat by Esther and baggy trousers by Tina. The bicycle is Tina's 1922 vintage 'Phillips.' The pose was for a somewhat jocular theme that I will come back to.

Esther has the knack of being able to see an idea, she converted my description into this superb example. Tina made the baggy trousers to compliment the rare striped blazer, I have a rather good brown felt fedora but I wanted a straw, and not just a cream coloured one, I have a couple of those, I wanted something in both colour and shape to finish of the overall appearance. And this is what the lady came up with.

hats 012.JPG

The jocular reference that I mentioned earlier was a nod to my hip replacement. From others, I had heard that exercise is very good for rebuilding muscle tone. Surgeons advise against strong impact exercise, meaning running. What they do recommend is swimming and cycling and to that end I kept that image on my phone with the intention of showing my medical team that I was indeed getting exercise. But on reflection, seeing me dressed like that, on a vintage bicycle, they might have thought that I was being frivolous, so they never got to see the picture. However, I was a regular sight locally, dressed as above, or something similar, out doing the grocery shopping, coming home with my provisions in the cycle basket. I was photographed more than my car. Such is the draw of Esther's hats.

And if you are reading this Esther, Tina, who sends her compliments by the way, suggested that I wear the striped blazer with the other straw that you designed and made for me. Here it is with the bow tie that Tina made from a waste oddment left over from a shirt that she previously made for me.

hats 068.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ