Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Extrafino Optimo Panama Hat from Homero Ortega (Size Large)

Hyena Stomp

One of the Regulars
Hello again!

I've worn this hat only once, and I hate to part with it now, but these types of hats never suit my face and small stature. This hat was literally hand-delivered to me from a very close friend who happens to live in Quito, Ecuador; she traveled to Cuenca for me to Homero Oretga (http://www.homeroortega.com/catalogo.php?cat=HombresClasico), picked this up for me, then passed it along to me when she visited the states. I really really hate to part with it, but if it's not going to get any head time, I'd rather pass it along.

This hat is perfect for the Spring and Summer! Great timing! And imagine the savings on shipping if you buy it here... shipping from Ecuador isn't cheap. It'd come to you in its original box. It is of the extrafine weave - the second-from-the-best weave that H.O. offers (the one over it, you'll pay thousands for.) This is pretty much as good as it gets. Take a look at the macro shot of the beautiful tight weave. This hat comes with a classic black pleated ribbon (it is not sewn into the crown, so you could replace it if you want, or simply sew it in.) Since it's only been worn once, it's beautiful, crisp and bright white. Let the pictures talk for themselves.

The size is marked large but I think is closer to a 7 1/8 (Homero Ortega does not use numbered sizes) but please go by the measurements:

Interior of crown from front to back: 7 3/4"
Interior of crown from side to side: 7"
Brim: 2 1/2"
Crown height: 4 3/4"
Circumference inside: Approx. 22" (there is some stretch to this hat)

Again, this hat is BRIGHT WHITE! And it's yours for $250 USD plus shipping.

ho1.jpg

ho2.jpg

ho4.jpg

ho3.jpg

And why did I stage these photos with a 1920's ukulele? (which I'd also be willing to part with - make an offer!) So you too can look like Cliff Edwards! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gxMVctFhO88

Feel free to PM me or ask questions here! Thanks for looking!!

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy