Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Eye brow help

Tatum

Practically Family
;)

Haha! Awesome! I like you already!

:D

Oh, and ON TOPIC... I tried Ulta's eyebrow kit (it's not on their website, saw it in-store when buying lip liner) recently and I was disappointed. I looked totally drawn on, and being blonde, it doesn't work too well, I need something more natural. It also doesn't show up in photos, which I found odd. Although the colors were totally spot-on for us light-haired gals, it didn't do it for me.

Romamor4

Familiar Face
:D

Oh, and ON TOPIC... I tried Ulta's eyebrow kit (it's not on their website, saw it in-store when buying lip liner) recently and I was disappointed. I looked totally drawn on, and being blonde, it doesn't work too well, I need something more natural. It also doesn't show up in photos, which I found odd. Although the colors were totally spot-on for us light-haired gals, it didn't do it for me.

The Benefit Brow Zings actually comes in three different shades. I've found that the lightest shade is perfect with my golden blonde hair. A little more expensive, but you can also try it at Ulta before you commit to buying it.

Late to the Party

Familiar Face
I got my hands on some stencils and had fun. I've never used stencils before. I've always thought that painting in my eyebrows looked weird so I just relied on my glasses to give me a 'face'. Now that I've got grey hair, I understand that taupe and charcoal are useful colors. Well, darn if they are not! My blonde brows are invisible, so I hardly need to pluck. Just paint. Or rather powder. I used stencil #An2 from eyebrowz. And their putty and soft charcoal colors of powder. I used mostly putty and just a little charcoal.
After (that's Cherries in the Snow on my lips)
After-vi.jpg

I think that's a pretty good everyday look for me. Add a little bit of powder and I'm out the door. And earrings.

And before (I look stunned)
Before-vi.jpg

This is the shape in detail
Brow-vi.jpg

Not bad for a reformed tom-boy

Tatum

Practically Family
I got my hands on some stencils and had fun. I've never used stencils before. I've always thought that painting in my eyebrows looked weird so I just relied on my glasses to give me a 'face'. Now that I've got grey hair, I understand that taupe and charcoal are useful colors. Well, darn if they are not! My blonde brows are invisible, so I hardly need to pluck. Just paint. Or rather powder. I used stencil #An2 from eyebrowz. And their putty and soft charcoal colors of powder. I used mostly putty and just a little charcoal.
After (that's Cherries in the Snow on my lips)
After-vi.jpg

I think that's a pretty good everyday look for me. Add a little bit of powder and I'm out the door. And earrings.

Not bad for a reformed tom-boy

Wow, those look great. You and I are kindred eyebrow spirits. Where did you find the stencils? Yesterday, while running out to an event, a girlfriend of mine commented that my eyebrows were off, the shape was wrong. I said yes, they ARE, really! I could use a stencil :)

Romamor4

Familiar Face
I've actually seen stencils at Ulta and Sephora. I know that Anastasia has TONS of eyebrow cosmetics and stencils as well. They're sold at Ulta.

Late to the Party

Familiar Face
Wow, those look great. You and I are kindred eyebrow spirits. Where did you find the stencils? Yesterday, while running out to an event, a girlfriend of mine commented that my eyebrows were off, the shape was wrong. I said yes, they ARE, really! I could use a stencil :)

eyebrowz.com
I think it works best to pick a variety of shapes and thicknesses but make sure the length of the stencils you chose matches your eyebrow length (the site has info on figuring that out.) Happy stenciling!

Romamor4

Familiar Face
I have a question that is probably a silly one but what do you do with your eyebrows as far as grooming them? Do you tweeze them yourselves or do you go to a salon? I've been wanting to try threading as well. I have very light blonde eyebrows and I made the mistake, as so I've heard it's a mistake, of tweezing above my brow line. Now I have tiny little blonde hairs that grow like crazy up there! I thought threading might be the easy trick to get rid of those.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot