Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Eyebrow Grooming

How do you maintain your brows?

• Wax

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Thread

• I pay a professional

• I don't groom them

• Total voters

Ada Vice

One of the Regulars
Tweeze using an ultra magnifying mirror, there's hardly any left where I want them when I pluck and I wish I could get a matching pair with a nice shape, but I can't bring myself to let them grow and go to a beautican with a caterpillar growing across my face. :rage: :eek:

Amy Jeanne

Call Me a Cab
crwritt said:
Just draw them where they go. I've seen them drawn in an inch or so higher, very weird looking.

I think they look good. But then again -- I don't adhere to any "rules" when dressing or putting on makeup. The less natural the better! My brows are drawn on high-ish and the ends are exaggeratedly long (like Clara Bow.) But I look GOOOOOD.

And yes, I am quite the Harlow fan! lol Dietrich, not so much, though ;)

Wow -- these responses are old I never saw them until now. lol

BinkieBaumont

Rude Once Too Often
"Eyebrows really are the Coat Hangers of the face" I think Chris North has the best male Brows,....but are they " too Manscaped?"

3842788931_159db4cc86.jpg

Jasmine Jolene

One of the Regulars
^^ that dude above looks really weird. i agree, Chris Noth has great brows!

i am always getting complimented on my brows. i tweeze, and every so often i get them waxed as i can never seem to get all the little blonde ones and the corners! i was using Benefit Browzings (which i loved) but my son smashed the powder part. oh well. recently i have been using a wax pencil thing from The Body Shop, intended for lips (i use it for my lips as well) to shape them and then a brown shadow over the top. i like the super-groomed look, although a have a natural look to them.

i never used to do anything with them apart from shape them, it's amazing how much they frame your face when done.

bellabella327

One of the Regulars
Yea, I think Chris Noth's eyebrows are nice! My bf has ones like that, and I tease him that I wil pluck a bit, but he always gets fuzzy [huh] lol

Drappa

One Too Many
Oooh, I can't stand Chris Noth's brows, but different strokes for different folks I guess :) His brows have just bugged me through every episode of SATC.
I'm really happy with my brows and get complimented on them occasionally, so I don't mess with them too much. I tweeze some strays and used to fill them a bit with pencils and also tried brow gels etc. I never really liked any of them and it would all wear off by the end of the day so I was forever sneaking to the bathroom at work to check. Then I bought the Estee Lauder brow kit with powder and a setting gel and have never looked back. It's the perfect colour for me and stays on all day, even through walks in the rain. My mom loved it so much I sent her some.
I don't think I would want to pay for having my brows shaped, nor trust anyone else with them.

amygeorgina

New in Town
My eyebrows are horrid, I have total monobrow, so when I was about 12 my mum agreed to let me get them waxed as I was being bullied at school about them (nice!)

Since then, they've been through various states and now, I pay a girl to do them, but she's not all that good, and when I said I wanted to grow them into a nice arch, she kinda just whipped them off into straight lines again! :( So they're a mess, and not at all becoming but I'm also really concious of them!

Argh! Need to get a good technique with a pencil I think (and not as dark as my sister made them in my profile pic!!)

beth

Familiar Face
I tweeze my brows. But I'm always afraid I will pluck too much, or ruin the shape, although I don't really like the shape of them. I've thought about trying waxing though, just haven't done it yet.

Odalisque

A-List Customer
Somewhere between tweezing and I don't groom them.

I forget about them for a good month and then one day, I look in the mirror and realize they need serious damage control. :rolleyes:

Mugwump

One of the Regulars
Greetings, everyone!

I'm a tweezer, myself, but I seem to have gotten bored of my original shape (natural-ish, the arch is a little too close to the end of my brows, I think). I'd like a nice vintage arch to them, but I'm a little nervous about getting them done professionally (eek, what if it doesn't suit me?)...any fellow Torontonians know of a good place to get brows done? Looking for something along the lines of Ingrid Bergman or Katharine Hepburn, late thirties / early forties (I think something during the early to mid-thirties would leave me looking too "surprised") lol Any advice would be most appreciated...

dimples

New in Town
Tweeze, trim, tweeze some more, wax occasionally.

I have gone way way thinner than my natural eyebrow shape and I spend about ten minutes every day doing them. Then every month or so I wax as well.

God - this makes me sound incredibly hairy but I just get these really tiny deep rooted blondes that grow at a very fast rate. The last beautician I got to tweeze cursed me to high heaven as she was there for about an hour doing my brows. Best thing I did was to become a beautician myself so I wouldn't put her through this again (she is my best friend anyway).

Mugwump - I don't know anyone near you but when I was first getting the courage to go vintage I bought some eyebrowz - which are a little templates. You can get a selection and powder in some shapes to see what suits you. I found that I actually suited much thinner than I would ever had dared to go before but it just lets you try a few looks.

lframe

One of the Regulars
I pay to have mine tweezed. They are so blonde they are invisible, so I will confess that I tend to forget about them. Until I realize I have too much to tint when I am doing my makeup!

I had to quit doing them myself as I have a heavy hand and overtweeze. As long as I don't look like Magilla Gorilla, I am ok.

Mugwump

One of the Regulars
Thanks, Dimples, I will definately look around for those - and I'll be State-side for about three weeks in September, so if I can't find them in the Great White North (aka Canada - watch more old SCTV episodes lol ), I'm sure to locate them in Florida.
Thank you so much!

CherryWry

One of the Regulars
Funny eyebrow story: when I was in college, I lived with my boyfriend's family for a while, as did his 80-year old alcoholic grandmother. One day one of my friends came to visit me. Amanda went into the bathroonm to wash her hands and found Gramma Charlotte drawing on GIGANTIC peacock blue-green eyebrows. Char turned to Amanda, pointed to her eyebrows and said, "Aren't these pretty?"

To which Amanda replied, "Stunning."

And boy, were they. But hey...when I'm 80, I hope I still have the faculties and physical prowess to put on make-up without stabbing myself in the eye.

Ada Vice

One of the Regulars
CherryWry said:
Funny eyebrow story: when I was in college, I lived with my boyfriend's family for a while, as did his 80-year old alcoholic grandmother. One day one of my friends came to visit me. Amanda went into the bathroonm to wash her hands and found Gramma Charlotte drawing on GIGANTIC peacock blue-green eyebrows. Char turned to Amanda, pointed to her eyebrows and said, "Aren't these pretty?"

To which Amanda replied, "Stunning."

And boy, were they. But hey...when I'm 80, I hope I still have the faculties and physical prowess to put on make-up without stabbing myself in the eye.

Hahaha :D

I saw an old lady on the bus this morning, white hair, blue eyes, eyebrows drawn on a brighter red than your hair in your avatar :eek: lol

So who uses what product wise? I use a bodyshop pencil, a bodyshop eyeshadow with a wet brush, or a little compact I got from eyes lips and face wich has two different browns and a clear setting gel. Still not very good at them though. some of the brows I see on here are amazingly symmetrical with a lovely arch, mine would never look like that! :eek:

Smuterella

One Too Many
I'm quite depressed with mine at the moment, I haven't been bothered with them for a while and now I look like Noel Gallagher.

I'd better get the wax strips out tonight.

Kiri

One of the Regulars
I tweeze slightly, but only in between the brows to ward off any chances of a unibrow. ;) According to my mom my brows are already a nice shape. I don't really pay much attention to them so I hope she's right. lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner