Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Eyebrow Grooming

How do you maintain your brows?

• Wax

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Thread

• I pay a professional

• I don't groom them

• Total voters

Medvssa

One of the Regulars
Tweeze! it is probably just cultural, but I cannot imagine how can you be precise with wax :eek:
I would like to try threading, but the truth is, I don't trust anyone near my eyebrows lol haven't ever seen it offered though [huh]

Cricket

Practically Family
I pay my hair dresser to wax my eyebrows to the right shape. I tweeze a few times in between waxes but I can never get them the way that I want them. I end up tweezing one side too much or something. Good thing is the hair dresser is a good friend of mine who can touch me up at any time.

*martini*time*

A-List Customer
i have to pay a professional to handle my single eyebrow. We always say my sister inherited my mom's eyebrows and i inherited my dad's eyeBROW. Singular. I have to pay someone or i'll look like Bert from Sesame Street. lol

Vanessa

One Too Many
My eyebrows are so fine and light in color that I'm too paranoid they'll be ruined forever if I have them 'done' by someone. Eek! What if they take too much off? A lifetime of drawing them back on? No thanks. I'll stick to tweezing.

Inky

One Too Many
*martini*time* said:
i have to pay a professional to handle my single eyebrow. We always say my sister inherited my mom's eyebrows and i inherited my dad's eyeBROW. Singular. I have to pay someone or i'll look like Bert from Sesame Street. lol

lol - i got that unibrow middle section taken care of with electrolysis in my mid 20's. now i only get teenie hairs there. i can relate (again!!)

Audrey Horne

Practically Family
I tweeze. It works out well for me. I've tried threading and I was very satisfied with the result. It's quick too! It did hurt more than I thought it would though, but nothing unmanageable. My sister didn't think it hurt at all.

Lollipop

Familiar Face
I wax them myself. They usually turn out pretty good, except for those rare few times that the wax somehow spreads and I end up taking a chunk out:eusa_doh: , which as you all can see in my picture, It doesn't make them look too pretty.

PS

A-List Customer
I am a combo girl. I wax and tweeze. I wax the center between and a little under then I fine tune with the tweezers. I get those really fine light baby hairs that can be hard to tweeze but
slide out with wax.

ShesSoVaVaVoom

One of the Regulars
I usually get threading done. Having sensitive acne prone skin the wax has always left me with blemishes, redness and lots of irritation. Threading however, though a bit on the painful side (for me), leaves minimal irritation and a more precise brow since it's only taking a couple of hairs at a time, rather than wax taking the whole lot of 'em! I usually go months in between, as the regrowth is barely a shade darker than clear. definately recommend threading though! :)

SayCici

Practically Family
I used to get them waxed every.. couple.. of months.. but I prefer to tweeze. Because the popular style is to give thinner eyebrows, it's like they don't believe you when you just want them cleaned up a bit. I have better luck tweezing at home!

LizzieMaine

Bartender
I've always tweezed but it's getting more and more difficult because my eyes are getting worse and worse -- and its hard to do it with my glasses on!

Like Inky, I had an electrologist work on mine some years ago, but she moved away before she could finish the job, so it was back to tweezing. I'm going to try those wax strips next.

C-dot

Call Me a Cab
In high school, I took a co-op position as a hairdresser/esthetician's apprentice. I learned to wax and thread professionally, so I wax my own, but I didn't keep up with the threading. I wouldn't dare try it again, lest I make a horrible mistake!

I used to tint my brows black. Once, when tint wasn't available, I used OTC hair dye to do it - The follicle damage was so bad, I was forced to draw them on, like Jean Harlow, for 2 long years. :eek:

Paisley

I'll Lock Up
I had my eyebrows waxed a few years ago. They bled! And they were so thin I just wanted my old eyebrows back. Now I tweeze when I think about; I don't think blond eyebrows need much attention.

Viola

Call Me a Cab
I tweeze but I'm going for a style they do naturally so I don't have to do a tremendous amount. I have a good arch and strong brows, so no drawing anything in, and I'm basically just cleaning up and making sure nothing starts to connect.

Sometimes I fantasize about thiiiiin '20s brows but then I remember how deucedly lazy I am.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21