Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

F.S. 2014 Lewis Leathers Aviakit Super Monza 445 34 £225

unhatted

One of the Regulars
Took a punt on this as I’m a 34-36 and it was unclear if it was a men’s or women’s model (zip does up on the men’s side). Turns out it’s the 445L [edit: it isn't, its the men's pattern in a small size-see below], which I’d happily wear if it fit, but it doesn’t—heartbreaking really, as it’s one of the nicest jackets I’ve handled!

It’s a 2014 model with the original tags. It’s seen some light use but the lining is still in great condition and it’s just starting to break in. Leather all looks fantastic bar some light scuffs (any idea how I tell what hide this is?). The one snag is that someone clearly hated zipper pulls—the only surviving ones are the centre and right sleeve. Sleeve pocket and hand warmers are just missing their pulls but the left sleeve and inside pocket the loop that holds the pull on is damaged. All zippers work fine and can be opened and closed.

£250 plus shipping, uk preferred.

Measurements in cm/in:

Chest: 47/18.5
Shoulders: 42/16.5
Waist: 44/17.25
Back: 55/21.75
Front drop: 2/0.75
Sleeves: 56/22
Weight: 1.9kg/4.2lbs

IMG_7325.jpeg
IMG_7339.jpeg
IMG_7335.jpeg
IMG_7338.jpeg
IMG_7326.jpeg
IMG_7336.jpeg
IMG_7331.jpeg

Last edited:

unhatted

One of the Regulars
The plot thickens, this is definitely not a 445L. Not only is the zip on the wrong side but there are no 'boob darts' and it lacks the flared shape. Check out an actual 445L:
In June i went to Lewis Leathers with my girlfriend, she loved the Super Monza but the stock size didn't fit her. I had a sneaky chat with Martin, got a "mock order" done, for future reference.
What she doesn't know is that I came back the next day to order the jacket. She literally has no idea i went back and still talks about getting the money together to go order it herself...
I was originally quoted 16 weeks, but it was ready in 12.
I picked it up yesterday and it is great. I can't comment on the fit yet, as her birthday is in a couple months and the jacket will stay hidden until then, but i am confident in LL and i am sure it will fit great.

The leather is their standard black cow, it is very nice, annoyingly it is nicer than my Dominator, it feels thicker, with a thinner top coat, and is less shiny.
It has a nice smooth waxy touch, a nice grain, and looks like it will age nicely, probably showing more evolution than mine.

Construction wise, the jacket is just like my Dominator, perfect! I cannot find a single dodgy stitch or imperfection, nothing.
Everything is straight, no wavy stitching, no stray needle holes, just 100% perfect.
The padding is very nice, i don't know if they stick a layer of foam in there, but it has a nice soft give to it, without being huge.
I have said it before, but my Dominator is the most perfectly crafted jacket i have seen, and this one is just as good.
Once again, Lewis Leathers Deliver.

Nothing more to say really... I hope it fits, and i hope this means the mall jackets will be retired and never seen again.
Unfortunately no fit pics, but here are a few, they are quite large so feel free to open them in photobucket if you want to zoom in.

Also, here is a link to my Lewis Leathers Dominator:
http://www.thefedoralounge.com/threads/lewis-leathers-dominator-no-551.74729/

L1001111_zpsdxuaiipo.jpg

L1001112_zpsp20l3vjt.jpg

L1001116_zpsvpyj5bsu.jpg

L1001125_zpssp3xayqr.jpg

L1001113_zps5yammcea.jpg

L1001127_zpsu1okwlvr.jpg

L1001134_zpszrybsoqu.jpg

L1001131_zpsjqomqnms.jpg

L1001126_zpsj2icwu1n.jpg

L1001128_zpsqj6xcmdd.jpg

My best guess from the tag and the jacket itself is that this was a custom order of the standard mens 445 pattern made for a woman (the small size might corroborate this). Either that or it's mislabelled? Still doesn't fit me though!

unhatted

One of the Regulars
I suspect it’s the size, not the price, that is the issue, but just in case a one off reduction to £225 before I try eBay. As above, this is the men’s model but in a tiny size!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner