Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

F/S-Johnson Leathers Custom-Made 1920's Heavy Cowhide Jacket

sw709

Familiar Face
Up for sale is this custom made 1920's style heavy leather jacket, made by Alan at Johnson Leathers. Constructed from 4.25oz. CXL veg-tanned cowhide, it has a dark brown leather core hide, overdyed in Black. It has a button-up front with a button Left-breast pocket, button cuffs, slash hand warmer pockets, & is back belted with side cinches. It is also lined with a custom Japanese-made cotton lining that Alan used for a special jacket order for a store in Japan.

This jacket is based on the Neal Cassidy Switchyard Coat made by Freewheelers. They didn't make that style in my size, so I asked Alan to make one for me. This jacket is the result. As much as I love this jacket, it just doesn't get enough wear time. As a result, it's in pristine condition. I will say that the few times I did wear it, people would stop me on the streets and compliment the coat.

As this was a totally custom order, this jacket was very expensive to produce, and Alan was meticulous about getting it right. It cost me around $1,200.00. I'm looking to get $875.00 (shipped CONUS). An absolute bargain for this level of craftsmanship.

One last thing...this jacket is a beast. It is a heavy-duty leather jacket, and will stand up to any abuse you can throw at it, and hasn't even started to break in (although there is some graining starting appear, which you can see in the photos). This jacket is not for the faint of heart!

Here are the measurements:

Pit-to-pit: 21"
Shoulders: 20"
Sleeves (shoulder to cuff): 26"
Back length: 25"

Cheers! And feel free to ask questions.
IMG_9305_zps23zqbwub.jpg
IMG_9306_zpsh2obqbkw.jpg
IMG_9307_zpsypchhzdx.jpg
IMG_9308_zpskfcl2s8r.jpg
IMG_9312_zpsmx9tidek.jpg
IMG_9313_zpsa4vndlyh.jpg
IMG_9314_zpsddr5tasq.jpg
IMG_9316_zpsljnwg0u2.jpg
IMG_9321_zpsslocmek5.jpg

I am a big fan of JL jackets. The one I bought from TMithcell is my favourite. I would be interested but this one is just a tad to small pit to pit to risk. This jacket looks stunning in your photos

GraceNote13

One of the Regulars
Love the jacket, does your pit to pit include the side panels?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GraceNote13

One of the Regulars
What size jacket do normally wear or what's your chest measurement?

sw709

Familiar Face
What size jacket do normally wear or what's your chest measurement?

As always, it depends on the jacket maker. Sometimes I can fit into a 40 (like BK or Aero), sometimes a 42 (like Himel). My chest size is pretty much spot on 42. I wear a 42 long in a suit jacket.

sw709

Familiar Face
HI all,

A few people have inquired about this jacket, but don't have enough posts to PM. If you do not have PM privileges yet, please ask your question here in the listing , and I promise to answer them all to the best of my ability!

Cheers, and thanks for looking!

Grayland

Call Me a Cab
Why are you selling it? Man, it looks great on you!

I agree. What a great looking and great fitting jacket. I had to check out the Neil Cassidy Switchyard coat. Your JL model is much better looking IMO. The buttons look very cool as well. Is the shoulder measurement correct? That seems awfully wide for a 42.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner