Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

F/S sz 46 US Navy G1 7823B pilots leather jacket c1961-63

Tkecks

Familiar Face
Hi, I've decided to sell this one from my collection. I have too many jackets, and this one runs a little short on me I feel. I need the money too, sad to see it go though...

Starting at $300, some photos below, and many more in the ebay listing:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/US-Navy-G1-...cket-goat-flight-ralph-edwards-/281617134463?

US Navy G1 leather pilots jacket in size 46
original early 1960's series B

Brown goat leather, heavy quality leather with incredible pebbled texture.

The original label is just about readable. If you compare it to other labels from the era, you can see that it is a 7823B Ralph Edwards, Size 46. The 7823B series dates from 1961-1963.

The luxurious red fur collar is original and in very good condition for its age: you can see a small area at the back of the neck, just above the label, has lost a little bit of fur, and one very small area on the front right at the top of the zip. The waistband is original and has a few holes at the back. The cuffs have been replaced at some point in the past (before I owned it). and are in good condition. The brass zipper is a square and made by "talon". If I recall correctly, these are the replacement zips fitted by the military during service. The windflap is stamped USN, although it is tough to see in the photos.

SIZE
Tagged as a 46" chest, which is very large for jackets of this era, and hard to find. It is probably equivalent to a modern day large or on the smaller side of XL. I am wearing it in the photos and I am a 46" chest, 6' 1.5" tall and slightly overweight. See below for exact measurements.

Measurements when zipped up and laying flat-
Shoulder seam to shoulder seam: 20.5"
Chest (armpit to armpit): 23"
Length (bottom of collar to bottom hem): 25"
Armpit seam to leather cuff: 17.5"
Armpit seam to knitted cuff: 20"
Shoulder seam to leather cuff: 23"
Shoulder seam to knitted cuff: 26"

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member