Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

F/S Vintage KNOX Hats 7 1/2

pgoat

One Too Many
well, after a lot of agonizing, I decided to part with a few of my vintage lids as I really need the money for gift buying this year. Before I put them up on ebay I wanted to give folks here first shot. Each comes with the Knox Octagonal box.

1. 7 3/8 Grey Knox Premier, nice felt, probably mid 1960s, 1 13/16" brim. Signs of wear on sweatband, otherwise excellent.
frontal1.jpg

threequarter1.jpg

2. 7 1/2 Olive/brown Knox, no model name, brown sweatband, likely a late 1950s/early 60s. Lighter felt here, a few tiny moth bites on underside of brim, not really noticeable. 1 15/16" brim.
frontal2.jpg

threequarter2.jpg

3. 7 1/2 Long Oval 1950s Knox 15; 2 3/8" brim. Brown sweatband, The felt is fairly soft and thin and it basically looks unworn. The box has a broken string handle.
frontal6.jpg

threequarter6.jpg

Thanks for looking!
-P

pgoat

One Too Many
I was also possibly thinking of selling my Gus Miller....custom Bogie Maltese Falcon style....nice thick grey felt. I've never worn this; NIB
IMG_1472.jpg

IMG_1475.jpg

I love this hat but I think the crown is just too low for my face....pls feel free to sway me in either direction on this one:eek:

pgoat

One Too Many
My apologies for the delay in getting back to you all....got swamped at work and my mom has been in the hospital so between that and the holidays....:rolleyes:

I will look at the PMs tonight or asap

pgoat

One Too Many
Hey everyone. I know this is way after the fact. But I wanted to say a public apology - I just saw all the PMs you folks sent about the hats.

The short story is my mother was progressively getting worse and I needed to rush back and forth from my home to hers (out of state), and so didn't have time to check on emails and such as I normally would. She finally passed away last spring and I have been slow about getting back into the swing of things.

I hope you all understand. My sincerest apologies if I seemed to be ignoring anyone's messages, it couldn't be helped.

pgoat

One Too Many
I was actually pulling out the hats today and will let everyone know which ones are for sale. I need to reread this old thread and see what I still have. I think I only sold one old Knox some time ago, since posting these.

Please Stand By....

pgoat

One Too Many
Thanks guys, I really appreciate your kind thoughts. I missed you all on the Lounge over the past year.

Hope everyone is having a nice holiday. I know it will get easier with time, though I do worry about my sister, who's taking it hard (she lives in another state). One day at a time...

randooch

I'll Lock Up
Condolences

from Oregon. I lost both my parents within a month a few years back. Things are only now getting more normalized.

I look forward to those pics, too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner