Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Faces please...

Hemingway Jones

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Quigley,
The fourth picture down, the tie and the fedora, you kind'a look like Jeff Bridges in one of his period films, "Tucker" or "Seabiscuit." It's a good look for you.

My mug is in my avatar and all over my webpage.

Quigley Brown

Call Me a Cab
jamespowers said:
Why do I want to put a sign under that picture saying "Brother can you spare a dime?" :p ;) It just has that supplicant look to it. Kind of like Norton in The Honeymooners. :p

Regards to all,

J

I'm usually clean shaven, but I was having a long four-day weekend and allowed myself to get a little scruffy for this photo...my mom said it made me look ten years older than my actual age.

Mycroft

One Too Many
jamespowers said:
Hahahahha! Parents can have a way of cajoling you into doing what they want. Can't they? :p

Regards to all,

J

I am required to shave everyday, a habit my dad had pushed me into, though I had a beard this summer, when I did not see my parents for 5 weeks.

Canadave

One Too Many
nightandthecity said:
CopyofDSCN1310.jpg

Cool cap, nightandthecity...what is it?

Quigley Brown said:

Cool hat, Quigley...what is it?

:)

David

nightandthecity

Practically Family
Dave, you done caught me out. I said that all clothes were original 1940s/50s, in fact the cap is the only modern thing I'm wearing. But the style and quality isn't modern and neither was the price. The price was real old-time, ?Ǭ£2.99, about $5!

I got it from H&M a high street chain here in the UK. Among the usual dross they often have real gems like this. It is made from medium weight, fine weave cotton; it's got plenty of material on top for the correct flop; all seams are triple stitched and taped; it's unlined with a cotton sweatband. Came in brown or tan.

Got it about 2 years ago: they had a whole series of vintage style caps at the time, it looked as if someone somewhere had found a load of old patterns. Needless to say I bought a few. My fave is a 30s style buckleback seamans cap, whenever I put it on and I can almost smell the opium in that Shanghai waterfront bar.

nightandthecity

Practically Family
it smells like a Shanghai waterfront bar (circa 1936).

Better lay off that injectable stuff, I've heard really bad reports about it.

Siirous

One of the Regulars
Finally, A Digital Camera!

DSCN0139_edited.jpg

The quality is a little poor, I'll have to get a better picture in the sunlight sometime!

Sincerely,
Rob

varga49

One of the Regulars
Biltmore Bob said:
Some of us have finally come out of the closet and revealed our true identity by posting pictures of our ugly mugs. Some old timers have never been so bashful and we have always known what they look like. I think it would be great to put a face with the name, so to speak. Let's post some pictures of ourselves.
ok I'll use my real pic as my avatar again!..Hope this doesn't adversly affect my witness protection program status!! I can't wait to see the real Bob!

varga49

One of the Regulars
Hi Joseph

The hat in my avatar is an Adams Exec sz 7 1/2, complete with wind trolley. When I got it last year it looked to have never been worn and fit's beautifully! Since I don't wear cowboy style hats but do wear that style of boot (no not roach killers!), this homburg looks pretty good on my head.(indulge me this brief momnt of vanity) Sure one day I want to get that vintage style suit that goes with this hat, but for now it's blue jeans and boots. Thanks for asking! have a good one!

varga49

One of the Regulars
tap tap tap...

Biltmore Bob said:
I'm gonna put up a new one real soon. Have to get some film developed. I have a big droopy Cowboy moustache now, that I'm rather proud of.

~sound of foot tapping on floor in anticipation of seeing the real Biltmore Bob!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot