Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fake eyelashes

Nashoba

One Too Many
My spa now offers 'permenent' lash extensions. They apply them for you and they last until they 'naturally' fall out like your own. It's intriguing but my eyelashes are naturally very long and thick so I've never used the false ones.

Katie Brookes

One of the Regulars
olive bleu said:
...The opening of The Rocky Horror Picture show, and went in drag( i guess it can't be technically called "drag" if you are already a girl, but you get my meaning

actually, i read something a while back where Pamela Anderson referred to being in her full over-the-top makeup as 'drag'... i think it works for girls too, I find myself using it to describe that kind of level of madeupness a lot. :)

as for the lashes, i've only worn fakes once or twice... i love how they look but they make me feel conspicuous and get a little more attention than i am prepared to deal with if it isn't a special occasion

goldwyn girl

One Too Many
KittyT said:
While I've never mastered individual lashes myself, I do know that they are supposed to be applied to your lashes at the base, rather than to your lid. Use tweezers, dip the bottom in glue (not just the tip, but some of the base of the under side of the lashes), and then lay them on top of your lashes.

I have applied the lashes, 3 on each side, in the way you suggested and they look fine. Lets see how they go when I remove my makeup later this evening. Thanks for your input.

ScarletAirelle

New in Town
I wear fake lashes every now and then, I use the glue that dries black so once it dries it looks as though I have a very thin line of dark eyeliner on. I've tried the individual lashes on as well but they take a lot of practice.

goldwyn girl

One Too Many
ScarletAirelle said:
I wear fake lashes every now and then, I use the glue that dries black so once it dries it looks as though I have a very thin line of dark eyeliner on. I've tried the individual lashes on as well but they take a lot of practice.

Where did you get the black glue? I can't find it anywhere.

ScarletAirelle

New in Town
I use lashgrip though not lashtite, Lashgrip is the second one on the right under shop related products. I usually use baby oil to take them off and it works allright but sometimes it leaves some of the glue behind. Does any one use something different that wont leave anything behind?

goldwyn girl

One Too Many
ScarletAirelle, thankyou, Sallys was the only place I had'nt tried and of course they were out if stock this morning.

Fleur De Guerre, you are so right, last night when I took my makeup off most of the lashes came off too so ths morning I replaced the missing ones and we'll see how things go tonight.

BOOMBEBE

New in Town
what is sad is that i dont need fake eylashes, bc when i put on masscara( dont know quiet how to spell that) my eye lashes smash up against my glasses and leave little black lines, and then that damages my little lashes. :( oh the agony. srsly.i wish i had contacts, so i could bats my eyes and everyone :D

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
goldwyn girl said:
I have applied the lashes, 3 on each side, in the way you suggested and they look fine. Lets see how they go when I remove my makeup later this evening. Thanks for your input.

Glad it worked! RaasAlHayya actually thought me :) I've tried it but the lashes at the corner of my eyes are very curly and I have a hard time getting in there with the individual fake ones. So for now, I stick with strip lashes.

Helen Troy

A-List Customer
OK, girls, here are my fool-proof fake-lashes technique from my gothier days:

1)Do not use the glue that comes with the lashes. By a proffesional one. I like Kryolans. It last's forever, and you avoid the gastly spider-on-your-chin-look that a wayward set of eyelashes can give you.

2)It is much easier to get a natural-looking, (but still striking) look if you use only half of the eyelashes. Cut them in two, trim them to gradually meet your own lashes and glue them to the outer part, (nearest your temple,) of your lashes. I find that wearing false lashes all over my own, also in the inner corner of my eyes, make me look like a baby doll rather than a femme fatale!

3)First put on your false eyelashes. Then curle your own and the false together! That makes them "blend", and makes your natural lashes act as support for the false ones, giving them more staying power.

4)Apply mascare to your own lashes and the falsies together. But use a simple, colored mascara, (no fibers or such,) and use it sparingly. You only need to color your own lashes and the falsies to the same color, you do not want or need any more "oomph" than the falsies allready gives you. (Unless you are going for the drag look, off course.)

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
Helen Troy said:
2)It is much easier to get a natural-looking, (but still striking) look if you use only half of the eyelashes. Cut them in two, trim them to gradually meet your own lashes and glue them to the outer part, (nearest your temple,) of your lashes. I find that wearing false lashes all over my own, also in the inner corner of my eyes, make me look like a baby doll rather than a femme fatale!

I've never had any luck trimming them. Instead, I use "demi" lashes and find that I'm able to get a really nice, natural look. I hate the feel of falsies on the inside corner of my lid, so the demis have been a nice fit for me.

4)Apply mascare to your own lashes and the falsies together. But use a simple, colored mascara, (no fibers or such,) and use it sparingly. You only need to color your own lashes and the falsies to the same color, you do not want or need any more "oomph" than the falsies allready gives you. (Unless you are going for the drag look, off course.)

Yes, this is the best way to help them blend. However, note that putting mascara on your false lashes will shorten their life. Over time, it will get gunked up and start to get cakey, and I've found it's pretty impossible to clean/wash fake lashes.

Laura Chase

One Too Many
It's virtually impossible for me to apply the falsies properly if I curl my own lashes first, so I wouldn't recommend that if your own lashes are long as mine are. Neither do I apply mascare to my own first. For me (and other gals with long lashes, I'd imagine) it's best to curl and apply mascara to them afterwards, as already suggested.

SerenityAshes

Familiar Face
Last winter I got obsessed that I wanted fake lashes that looks like a drag queen.. I wanted the lashes to stop traffic hehe.

I tried various brands but never succeeded in sticking them to my eyes, finally I got to a beautician and she applied to me the individual ones... Every 1 or 2 weeks I would go and she re-applies some lashes which will fall.. but I managed to keep them for 2 months :eek: Though the problem was that I had to remove them eventually, and so I did! But my natural lashes were also gone with all the glue that I had, and it took me months to grow my lashes as they were before :eusa_doh:

Last month I re-tried applying the removable ones of Eylure and I succeeded for 3 consequtive weeks (put them on everytime I go out!). Must be the glue that they have.. anyways I have some pics with the individual ones (semipermanent) and the removable ones:

Individual Ones:
meiwthband.jpg

undershave.jpg

Removable ones of Eylure:
MeLashesMsn.jpg

roselily

One of the Regulars
When I wear them for performing, I always find a used pair goes on easier than a fresh pair (already shaped to your eyelid and stuff.) I prefer the ones that are longest in the middle rather than out at the corner, and I always trim about a eighth-inch off of each end. A toothpick or orangewood stick is useful for spreading the glue out. I usually do all my makeup first, then put on my lashes, then the sealant spray, then finally mascara (If I put on the sealant spray before the mascara, it makes my eyes water and the mascara runs).

Like anything else, it takes alot of practice. Once when I was playing Asian I accidentally got my eye glued really open (must not have been completely dry before I went on stage.) Sort of spoiled the effect:eusa_doh:

The Shirt

Practically Family
I love wearing them for special occasions as well. But what do you ladies use to remove the glue well? I find that my eye-makeup remover (neutrogena) simply does not do it and I walk around with gunk for days on my eyes.

SerenityAshes

Familiar Face
The Shirt said:
I love wearing them for special occasions as well. But what do you ladies use to remove the glue well? I find that my eye-makeup remover (neutrogena) simply does not do it and I walk around with gunk for days on my eyes.

What kind of glue are you using? Is it for the individual lashes? (The glue for the individual is far more strong). In any case, there's a liquid called Glue Remover, which is on purpose for the individual glue.. so it will work wonders for any kind of glue you'll have :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Antonio925