Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fake eyelashes

TheSwingingBee

One of the Regulars
Ok, resurrecting an old thread. I wear false eyelashes everyday and find that I don't have to wear mascara when I do so. I started doing it as a joke as my bf has horrendously long lashes and I told him I was going to put him to shame. I still don't his are still longer, but I love the way they look and I get comments that I have a very "classic" look when I wear them no matter my outfit. I use an all natural eye make-up remover (can't remember the name just now) to get the glue off and it does great. I put on all of my makeup first then my lashes, I find they stay better that way, and I carry a tube of glue in my purse just in case.

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
TheSwingingBee said:
I put on all of my makeup first then my lashes, I find they stay better that way, and I carry a tube of glue in my purse just in case.

I think everyone has something different that works for them! I put on all my makeup first as well, but then I do a second coat of liner to help conceal the lashes. I also use black glue, which does a much better job of helping fake lashes look natural. I also always put on one coat of mascara after applying my lashes to help blend in my natural lashes.

Lillemor

One Too Many
I'm considering eyelash extensions. I can apply false ones but I can't for the world get my own lashes to blend in. At a distance they look okay but up close you can see these straight, short, wiry lashes. The lashes over one eye is also fuller than the lashes over the other eye. I haven't tried false ones since 1997 when after a theater production, I realized what a great effect they created. I haven't tried individual ones.

Lola Valentine

One of the Regulars
I've had eyelash extensions 3 times and every time they've been a nightmare and a waste of money. They say that they're meant to last until your own eyelash comes out but each time I've had them they've always fallen off within 3 days, even when I'm so careful with them. You're also not allowed to use most mascaras, not allowed to rub your eyes, not allowed to use eye creams, not allowed to use a lot of facial cleansers.....very high maintenance for something which doesn't give good results!:rage:

Lillemor

One Too Many
Lola Valentine said:
I've had eyelash extensions 3 times and every time they've been a nightmare and a waste of money. They say that they're meant to last until your own eyelash comes out but each time I've had them they've always fallen off within 3 days, even when I'm so careful with them. You're also not allowed to use most mascaras, not allowed to rub your eyes, not allowed to use eye creams, not allowed to use a lot of facial cleansers.....very high maintenance for something which doesn't give good results!:rage:

Oh, there go my dreams...:(

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
Lillemor said:
I'm considering eyelash extensions. I can apply false ones but I can't for the world get my own lashes to blend in. At a distance they look okay but up close you can see these straight, short, wiry lashes. The lashes over one eye is also fuller than the lashes over the other eye. I haven't tried false ones since 1997 when after a theater production, I realized what a great effect they created. I haven't tried individual ones.

Have you tried curling your own lashes before applying the falsies? I also find that they blend better if you apply a coat of mascara after applying the fake lashes. It really does help them blend in.

Lillemor

One Too Many
KittyT said:
Have you tried curling your own lashes before applying the falsies? I also find that they blend better if you apply a coat of mascara after applying the fake lashes. It really does help them blend in.

I have a lash curler but they're generally designed with the assumption that the consumer will have larger/longer eyes and lashes than most Asian/Oriental women have. Only Ueshum...??? are supposed to have one that's specifically designed for smaller eyes and shorter, sparser lashes but to my knowledge, we don't have that brand here. I've considered trying to track down the heated ones.

The individual lashes may be worth trying for special occasions where I really want to raise the "wow" factor on my eyes:) Thanks for the mascara tip. I usually bend my lashes with a finger while the mascara is still wet. Messy, but it works...sorta. The look is still uneven as far as fullness goes though.

Liner makes lashes look fuller, at least at a distance. That reminds me, I need to find a liquid liner that doesn't cause my eyes to itch, it never used to...that's another thread:eek:fftopic:

Lola Valentine

One of the Regulars

lizylou

Familiar Face
Lola Valentine said:

Very very true! I think what gets me though are the multi-colored extensions! I have a friend here in Bury St. Edmunds that gets hers done, Not through this company, but they seem to last her a good while. Im definitly going to keep checking up on what ladies have to say about these before I jump in face first!:p

verazasulich

New in Town
Lillemor said:
I have a lash curler but they're generally designed with the assumption that the consumer will have larger/longer eyes and lashes than most Asian/Oriental women have. Only Ueshum...??? are supposed to have one that's specifically designed for smaller eyes and shorter, sparser lashes but to my knowledge, we don't have that brand here. I've considered trying to track down the heated ones.

Are you referring to Shu Uemura? I've yet to try their lashes but as an Chinese woman I've had no problems with Nyx and Ardell. In fact I think most Asian women here in Singapore use Ardell, since it's the most affordable and easily found.

There are some Asian brands such as Dodo Club and Inuovi that are also very popular here but I'm not sure if they're available where you are.

artful dodgette

One of the Regulars
has any of you ladies tried the eyelashes that stay on for a month?
alot of the afro carribean hair dressers do them near me, and they look great, i was just wondering how long they actually stay on for??

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
artful dodgette said:
has any of you ladies tried the eyelashes that stay on for a month?
alot of the afro carribean hair dressers do them near me, and they look great, i was just wondering how long they actually stay on for??

You mean the individual lashes? RaasAlHayya here uses them and likes them. They look great. I've tried them though, and they are very hard to put on yourself. If there's someone who does them and doesn't charge a fortune, it could be worth it though. But remember that as soon as one of them sheds, it's going to look strange, uneven, leave a gap, and will have to be replaced, and your lashes shed at all different times, so you will probably have to touch them up more than once a month.

lizylou

Familiar Face
artful dodgette said:
ive seenthe individual ones but i mean just standard one piece lashes...maybe i should just go for it and report back!

Please do, I need to go to Sally's and pick up some glue for mine. I forgot to order the glue:eusa_doh:
Here's the site I get mine from
www.madamemadeline.com I rate their service 100%+ !:D

Lillemor

One Too Many
I can apply the full ones with my fingers but I've been told that it's easier to manage the individual ones if you hold them with tweezers. I have ten thumbs so I'll probably struggle with individual ones, regardless.

Darhling

Call Me a Cab
I tried on my new ones from MAC, they are full lashes and very long, they look very good because htey are very short in the inner corner and gets long and whispy in the outer corner. I might shorten them a tad - but they would be great for an evening out..

they are #36

upclose
DSC02060-1.jpg

from a little distance
DSC02057-1.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner