Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fake Schott Made in usa cafe racer?

MrProper

My Mail is Forwarded Here
The question is really more "Do you like the jacket?"
If not, then it doesn't matter whether it's made in the USA or not.
If you like it, then the same applies, right?
100 EUR is perfectly ok for a jacket that you like?

The police will certainly do nothing. Especially as it may be difficult to prove that the previous owner was responsible.

bizrkartendiankirt

Familiar Face
The question is really more "Do you like the jacket?"
If not, then it doesn't matter whether it's made in the USA or not.
If you like it, then the same applies, right?
100 EUR is perfectly ok for a jacket that you like?

The police will certainly do nothing. Especially as it may be difficult to prove that the previous owner was responsible.
No, this is not the question. I search the made in usa jackets because they have better quality, especialle the leather. I search a lifetime leather jacket and not a fashion jacket for 2 years. So it is not all about only your question. It can great fit, good look but can also be shitty quality.

MrProper

No, this is not the question. I search the made in usa jackets because they have better quality, especialle the leather. I search a lifetime leather jacket and not a fashion jacket for 2 years. So it is not all about only your question. It can great fit, good look but can also be shitty quality.
Lifetime leather jacket?
If you can do that, you've probably found the holy grail lol

But apart from the fact that I think this expectation is unrealistic, this jacket will also last a long time. When I think back to my cheaper jackets from the past and also look at how long my clothes last, then you can almost call it a lifetime.
If the jacket is designed for life, then it can certainly cost more. Assuming you buy the perfect jacket for 1000 EUR, then convert the price to the many years and you have definitely made a bargain.

Since you don't like the jacket, it's best to follow Monitor's advice and sell it. Any tailor should be able to repair the pocket for little money.

Last edited:

bizrkartendiankirt

Familiar Face
Furthermore, there's no way to prove that the seller has sewn the "Made in USA" tag onto the jacket.
Mh, i have the chat history, he told me that he bought the jacket as new in germany before 2 or 3 years, hi thinks from zalando outlet.
zalando would not sell a europe jacket with a made in usa tag...

That’s a lot of work to ultimately sell the jacket for what it’s worth. This seller’s life is needlessly difficult.

Tom71

Call Me a Cab
Just let it slide. It’s just not worth the trouble.

You got what you paid for. Unless the seller specifically said, that jacket WAS made in USA there wasn’t even a misrep.

Plus, I fail to see how and why somebody would (1) source an original SCHOTT „Made in USA“ Label, (2) fix it on the jacket just to (3) sell it for EUR 100.

Personally, I am with @MrProper: you can judge the jacket for what it is. It won’t get any better or worth regardless of where it’s been produced.

bizrkartendiankirt

Familiar Face
Personally, I am with @MrProper: you can judge the jacket for what it is. It won’t get any better or worth regardless of where it’s been produced.
Ok. But is it not a fact that the made in usa jackets from schott ARE better than the european line? And not only from the leather. The Made in usa jackets are more expensive, because they also have better quality. I have a schott 654vn here and the leather is not comparable, in my opinion.

AHP91

Practically Family
Ok. But is it not a fact that the made in usa jackets from schott ARE better than the european line? And not only from the leather. The Made in usa jackets are more expensive, because they also have better quality. I have a schott 654vn here and the leather is not comparable, in my opinion.
you are correct, no comparison. It's possible and probably likely the seller had no clue of this fact when he sold the jacket. if he did, it's surely a misrepresentation. it will probably go down as a mistake learned. as an aside, a lot of the made in USA Schott jackets I've seen do not have that huge Schott logo written on the lining. Only the made overseas ones

Marc mndt

I'll Lock Up
Plus, I fail to see how and why somebody would (1) source an original SCHOTT „Made in USA“ Label, (2) fix it on the jacket just to (3) sell it for EUR 100.
I wouldn't know why either... But apparently that's what happened here.

There are tons of these on Vinted. They have an American flag and a separate size tag (S M L) attached to the Schott label, no made in usa tag.

@bizrkartendiankirt the LC Schotts are easily recognizable by the huge Schott embroidery on the lining.

IMG_3622.jpeg
IMG_3623.jpeg
IMG_3625.jpeg
IMG_3626.jpeg
IMG_3627.jpeg
IMG_3628.jpeg

Aloysius

That's a disgusting practice by Schott, too, peddling this trash on the European market. They've licensed their name to God knows how many sweatshops that only seem to compete with each other, who can come closer to copying the US made Schott jackets & thus scam the buyer, without getting reprimanded... And looking at the latest abominations that have been appearing here in Europe, they can get away with anything.

Right now, there's now no way a casual buyer can spot a difference between an LC and USA Perfecto. They're rampant on Vinted and nobody really knows what to price anything anymore.

Not quite. Their French distributor has a license to produce merchandise and such; it's the French company that sublicenses out to make the LC garbage.

Schott Japan similarly has a license to make merchandise but they don't abuse the contract in this way.

bizrkartendiankirt

Familiar Face
F... that. And I was so happy by buying because I thought I bought a made in usa jacket with good leather :D

Mh, I hope I get it sold. Can I also sell it so as it is? With the tag on but not taking a picture of the made in usa tag and only sell it as a "schott" ? I do not want to put more work in this jacket by bringing it to a sewer to remove the tags and closing the pocket. I want to sell it as it is and describe the open pocket. The buyer himself can bring it to a sewer and let it close for 5€

AHP91

Practically Family
F... that. And I was so happy by buying because I thought I bought a made in usa jacket with good leather :D

Mh, I hope I get it sold. Can I also sell it so as it is? With the tag on but not taking a picture of the made in usa tag and only sell it as a "schott" ? I do not want to put more work in this jacket by bringing it to a sewer to remove the tags and closing the pocket. I want to sell it as it is and describe the open pocket. The buyer himself can bring it to a sewer and let it close for 5€
Perhaps the person who sold you the jacket asked themself the same question

bizrkartendiankirt

Familiar Face
Perhaps the person who sold you the jacket asked themself the same question
I dont think so. he told me he bought the jacket as new from zalando or another online shop.
I will not lie to the new buyer and show him on pictures the made in usa tag so that he thinks it is a made in usa one. I will not show it on the pictures and maybe write that it is the lc 940d and has an open pocket which has to be fixed.

Blackadder

I dont think so. he told me he bought the jacket as new from zalando or another online shop.
I will not lie to the new buyer and show him on pictures the made in usa tag so that he thinks it is a made in usa one. I will not show it on the pictures and maybe write that it is the lc 940d and has an open pocket which has to be fixed.
May be he lied about buying it new or may be he lied about the tag. It sounds fishy but you have also made a lot of assumptions yourself. In any case, file a complaint, write a bad review, "persuade" the seller to accept a return. Lots of options. Selling it "as is" without any description/explanation may be a bad option. The person who buy it from you is likely to be feeling the same way you do now.

bizrkartendiankirt

Familiar Face
you are correct, no comparison. It's possible and probably likely the seller had no clue of this fact when he sold the jacket. if he did, it's surely a misrepresentation. it will probably go down as a mistake learned. as an aside, a lot of the made in USA Schott jackets I've seen do not have that huge Schott logo written on the lining. Only the made overseas ones
this has a little schott logo written. but this is a real made in usa?!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner