Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fake Schott Made in usa cafe racer?

bizrkartendiankirt

Familiar Face
Hello Guys,

I bought a Schott Cafe Racer for 110€ on ebay. It has a white Made in USA label with size 40 and an arrow-leather label, but no pocket ticket with the model id. But one pocket has damages inside.

In my opinion it looks really like the european version lc940d, what do you think? Is it a fake?

thank you.
20240104_140435.jpg
20240104_140454.jpg
20240104_140528.jpg
20240104_140539.jpg
20240104_140719.jpg
20240104_140725.jpg
20240104_140736.jpg
20240104_140745.jpg

Attachments

• 20240104_140630.jpg
    20240104_140630.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 39
  • 20240104_140551.jpg
    20240104_140551.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 44

Manolito

Familiar Face
Definitively not a made in usa jacket !

It looks 100% like a LC jacket not made in USA, from Schott Europe. Especially the inside... Someone has messed around with some tags...

Bad news is that you've been scammed. It's an *sigh* authentic Schott licensed product, just one made in China. The seller (scammer) sew on a Made in USA tag which doesn't belong on this jacket.

Good news is that you didn't pay a lot for it but you can't expect to sell it for much more, either.

AHP91

Practically Family
I mean, you have enough evidence to submit to eBay for item not described. Just write it all out, submit pictures. As a buyer you are entitled to protection from this.

bizrkartendiankirt

Familiar Face
I mean, you have enough evidence to submit to eBay for item not described. Just write it all out, submit pictures. As a buyer you are entitled to protection from this.
I bought on the platform kleinanzeigen, it was before "ebay kleinanzeigen", only in germany. But i can go to police...

That's a disgusting practice by Schott, too, peddling this trash on the European market. They've licensed their name to God knows how many sweatshops that only seem to compete with each other, who can come closer to copying the US made Schott jackets & thus scam the buyer, without getting reprimanded... And looking at the latest abominations that have been appearing here in Europe, they can get away with anything.

Right now, there's now no way a casual buyer can spot a difference between an LC and USA Perfecto. They're rampant on Vinted and nobody really knows what to price anything anymore.

bizrkartendiankirt

Familiar Face
The fashion police?
? Why? It is fraud. I paid for something which is is not actually

I asked in the chat before the buy for the made in usa tag and more pictures and also for the pockets. he did not tell me that one pocket is opened inside. he only said "there are no more tags and the jacket is worn really less and has no defects". he did not tell me that one pocket was opened inside

Last edited:

Well, what you did receive is a leather jacket by Schott so technically, no fraud has been committed. Furthermore, there's no way to prove that the seller has sewn the "Made in USA" tag onto the jacket. I don't think that even eBay would side with you on this one, let alone the police.

Make some good photos of the jacket, remove the USA tag and sell it.

Nykwil

One of the Regulars
At least it was only 110 euros and not something 1000.
Consider it a cheap lesson. Theft or fraud of 100 euros in Germany is a minor offense.

TartuWolf

Practically Family
ebay kleinanzeigen should also support you, it's a proper platform, I buy there quite often
But yeah, I'd say this was a typical "too good to be true" case

bizrkartendiankirt

Familiar Face
@Monitor and @Nykwil Mhhh, but someone made the tag onto the jacket and he sold me the jacket as this. he sold it to me. so he is responsible to do not tell me it is x and sell me y, or not? then it is misdirection

Marc mndt

I'll Lock Up

I asked in the chat before the buy for the made in usa tag and more pictures and also for the pockets. he did not tell me that one pocket is opened inside. he only said "there are no more tags and the jacket is worn really less and has no defects". he did not tell me that one pocket was opened inside
Yes but honestly, do you really think the police is going to spend time and resources on investigating a replaced clothing label? I would be surprised if they even know what a Schott is and that a nice one is made in USA:).

Bahabp100

Practically Family
Hello Guys,

I bought a Schott Cafe Racer for 110€ on ebay. It has a white Made in USA label with size 40 and an arrow-leather label, but no pocket ticket with the model id. But one pocket has damages inside.

In my opinion it looks really like the european version lc940d, what do you think? Is it a fake?

thank you. View attachment 576847 View attachment 576848 View attachment 576849 View attachment 576850 View attachment 576853 View attachment 576854 View attachment 576855 View attachment 576856
I looks like a 100% real Scott to me

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner