Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Falcon Park Hattery

Red Leader

One of the Regulars
I ordered at the end of January and have had several conversations with Parker throughout that time, last one being a few days ago.

My hat probably could have been finished a while back but I have been extremely picky/detailed regarding some of the specs and Parker has been fantastic. When I first ordered it I wanted to get it as soon as possible but for some reason now I'm content for whenever it is ready - probably because I at least owe him that much:)

So Teach, I think he is still on it - I'm not sure if he is behind or not. I know when I first ordered the wait time was 10 weeks It might be backed up a few weeks but from the examples I've seen in this thread, it will be worth it!

Historyteach24

Call Me a Cab
I know it will be worth it this is my third hat from him but I am just curious because I haven`t heard anything and I ordered the thing the first week of Feb. Just was curious if anybody else has seen a delay.

Blackthorn

I'll Lock Up
Just heard from Parker, and all is well. My hat will be on its way tomorrow morning. Can't wait! Hopefully you heard back, too, Teacher.

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
Good to know the gentlemen is O.K., I had been wondering about him as I had sent a few emails of inquiry and have not had any reply at all? Guess I will email again soon.

Blackthorn

I'll Lock Up
Good to know the gentlemen is O.K., I had been wondering about him as I had sent a few emails of inquiry and have not had any reply at all? Guess I will email again soon.
Or you might try calling him on a weekend. He has a 40 hour (or more) job Mon-Friday, and does hat work on the weekends.

Alive'n'Amplified

Call Me a Cab
New to the Lounge, but not new to hats. I am excited about my first "new" purchase from Parker. I've bought some eBay hats and also a nice used hat from a local vendor, but Parker's hat will be my first truly new fedora. Parker was awesome during the initial details, he was very patient and informative. I understand his timing, so I will be patient as well.

But seriously, why lie? I'm very eager to get it!! :)

Alive'n'Amplified

Call Me a Cab
Thanks guys! I'm so happy with Parker's work.

Rabbit-- I've never seen Art's Black Cherry in person, but from pics posted here, you're absolutely right-- the FP is darker. Parker didn't mention anything about it, other than it's beaver felt, but I haven't asked, either. In our initial conversations, I asked for something almost black under certain lights, that would reflect purple-brown tones. The color is exactly what I was hoping for.

Historyteach-- John is right on the money. The "Virtuoso" is the hat Parker made for me last spring. The inspiration was the "Julep" with both a higher crown and slightly wider brim. The same block was used for both of my hats.

Bowlerman,

What block did he use? 5 1/2" or 5 3/4"? And what are the brim widths?

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
A n'A,
It was a vintage block from the 1930s, and I bet it would've had to be at least 5 3/4".
The brim width on the light hat is 2 1/4", and on the Black Cherry is roughly the same protrusion if you don't measure around the roll.

Just for some unsolicited fun, here are my two Falcon Parks (back) paired with my Dobbs State Street and Beaver Brand classic sand (front).

61712008copy.jpg

Last edited:

Alive'n'Amplified

Call Me a Cab
Cool. He has me in the cue for a new hat. Since this is my first custom, I wanted it to be tall and unique.

Color - granite
Crown - 5.75" open crown
Brim - 2 1/8", under welt
Ribbon - smoke, 1.5" - 2", depending on his stock

It's been a few months now, so I'm incredibly eager to get this! :)

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
That's great! I didn't know he was doing underwelts now. I know what you mean about getting a custom that doesn't look like anything you could pull off a shelf at the Stetson factory, etc. I know you'll be pleased with his work.

mustangman3000

One of the Regulars
Just got my hat in today and I love it! It only took 6 months! I don't have a camera right now but when I do I will try and get some pics uploaded.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grateful Fred