Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Falcon Park Hattery

Blackthorn

I'll Lock Up
Received my Dobbs Twenty back from Parker and it looks like it just came out of the factory box...

10fndqf.jpg

These pics are also posted in the Dobbs Diner thread

smzk48.jpg

2vubtx4.jpg

1z64eon.jpg

15d9wzl.jpg
Gorgeous hat, OG! Good job, Parker!

mustangman3000

One of the Regulars
Parker has updated his site. Can't say I'm a fan of his new prices but I'm sure after all is said and he wasn't making much money. I also think its kind of odd that hare cost the same as beaver. Typo maybe[huh]?

DJH

I'll Lock Up
The new pricing puts him more in line with the other people making good custom hats - what is it they say "work smarter, not harder"?

On the hare felt, I assume he is buying it from the company in Portugal (are there any others making hat bodies?) so by the time he pays the shipping and duty, the price must be pretty close to buying Winchester beaver bodies. He'd be at the mercy of exchange rate fluctuations too so might build a little extra in to deal with that.

Does anyone have one of these "Vintage Weight" hats? It would be interesting to learn what the felt is like.

scooter

Practically Family
Yeah, while I like the idea of a custom made hat for $125, it's pretty hard to deny that $150 is still a pretty darn good deal. He is a craftsman of considerable skill, and from his reviews, earns every penny.

jlee562

I'll Lock Up
The new pricing puts him more in line with the other people making good custom hats - what is it they say "work smarter, not harder"?

On the hare felt, I assume he is buying it from the company in Portugal (are there any others making hat bodies?) so by the time he pays the shipping and duty, the price must be pretty close to buying Winchester beaver bodies. He'd be at the mercy of exchange rate fluctuations too so might build a little extra in to deal with that.

Does anyone have one of these "Vintage Weight" hats? It would be interesting to learn what the felt is like.

Not to say I know everything about hat bodie sources, but Fepsa is the only one I've heard of on the board. And they also supply Adventurebilt Europe and Optimo if I'm not mistaken.

Edit: Yup, it's Fepsa: http://falconparkhattery.com/Announcements.html

Last edited:

mustangman3000

One of the Regulars
Oh!:eusa_doh: I didn't see the $150 rabbit felt listed! I thought he replaced it with the vintage weight felt. And yes, $150 is still a GREAT price!

pjt113

One of the Regulars
An extra $25 for one of Parker's hats, still makes him one of the most reasonably priced hatters out there, I'll pay it

Top Hat

New in Town
I love the work Parker does - I have one original, and he has restored a couple hats for me. Fabulous work. Since summer is only a few months away, I need to make an appointment for a new panama. When I get a chance, I'll post photos of his custom fedora - my favorite hat for a couple years now.

Blackthorn

I'll Lock Up
I love the work Parker does - I have one original, and he has restored a couple hats for me. Fabulous work. Since summer is only a few months away, I need to make an appointment for a new panama. When I get a chance, I'll post photos of his custom fedora - my favorite hat for a couple years now.
I'd enjoy seeing that one.

Historyteach24

Call Me a Cab
OK I have the custom hat bug right now and it is really fun! I just sent Parker an email to commission my third hat from him in the past two months or so. I have been on a quest for a vintage Stetson Whippet since I first started wearing fedoras a few years ago. Sadly these wonderful hats are a hot commodity and the prices reflect that. Also I swear I have only seen a few that were even my size! So I commission my own little Stetson Whippet clone from Parker. I am asking him to make the famous Bing Crosby Whippet that were in the famous ads in the late 40's. I am still unsure of the color combinations but I am really leaning towards a steel body with a black band or maybe a dakr gray body. Either way I know that Parker will knock this out of the park! Here are two photos the first is of Bing and the clone the second is just a better view of a Whippet not going with the brown color. Tell me what you guys think!
whippet.jpg

Stetson_Whippet_Vintagead.jpg

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
Can't go wrong, HT! with the suit in your avatar, the grey (even a lighter one with a dark ribbon) would look smashing, IMHO. somebody stop this guy! (if only to thin the queue so I can get in it again!) ;) lol

Historyteach24

Call Me a Cab
Well I lucked out this past weekend and found some quality hats for cheap that I sold for a tidy profit so this may be my last custom in a LONG time. In regards to color I was really thinking that a simple gray with black band like the Bing ad would go the best.

Blackjack

One Too Many
Wow, this thread is really picking up! As someone who has purchased a FP hat I can say I love mine and highly recommend Parker. For the $ you can not beat his hats! A custom top notch fedora made for the price of a Millers Bro. hat? Come on, it's a no brainer guys...

EggHead

Practically Family
By "simple grey" you mean "granite"?
Or do you have something else in mind?

Well I lucked out this past weekend and found some quality hats for cheap that I sold for a tidy profit so this may be my last custom in a LONG time. In regards to color I was really thinking that a simple gray with black band like the Bing ad would go the best.

Benzadmiral

Call Me a Cab
I was checking out the FP site and I noticed that it has been updated. . . . one of Benzadmirals called the "Crossover". . .
Try as I might, I couldn't get the Crossover to fit me even with padding. So I've shipped it back to Parker for resizing. I expect almost any custom project needs some tweaking to get it dead right.

He'll also rebash the hat in the style you see on his website here, http://falconparkhattery.com/Announcements.html. I have no idea why I changed it; I like the OR/semi-cattleman's crease look.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn