Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Families of the Lounge

Babydoll

Call Me a Cab
Thank you for the kind comments.

I know I'm partial because I'm The Mama, but I think that she is perfect in every way! We're getting used to having Lily around. Sleep is a precious premium right now, but I don't know that I'd have it any other way.

Babydoll

Call Me a Cab
Lilypie is now 4 1/2 months old, and is turning out to be Daddydoll's little Princess.

princesslily2_062610.jpg

Babydoll

Call Me a Cab
Thanks. I found it in a dollar bin at JoAnn's fabric. It will definitely go in her "dress up" trunk. I also got her a fairy princess/magic wand.

(I'm not as bad as my sister in getting cute things for Lilypie, though. She came to the hospital the day Lily was born with three fancy party dresses. She's also bought a little tea set that talks, and wants to get her a tutu and a bikini. I can tell she only had boys!)

Big Man

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Babydoll said:
Lilypie is now 4 1/2 months old, and is turning out to be Daddydoll's little Princess.

Babydoll, your baby is a real baby doll. My newest little granddaughter is six months old. They sure are cute at that age ... then they grow up. :eek:

Babydoll

Call Me a Cab
Up until this morning Lilypie has been such a sweet baby. She showed me a bit of attitude, though. I hope that's not a taste of what is to come! (Granted, she's teething, we're working on a different napping schedule, etc....)

Yes, they grow so fast at this age! I'm constantly amazed at how quickly she's changing and learning about the world she lives in. Just this morning she discovered the texture of the wood on our coffee table, and was playing with the fabric of the table runner my grannie embroidered that I have on the coffee table. It was precious.

AmateisGal

I'll Lock Up
She is absolutely gorgeous! Oh, how I wish I could go back in time and hold my little girl as a baby again...she just turned 10 in May and the time is just going too fast!

Babydoll

Call Me a Cab
We fed her a tiny bit of thinned out rice cereal for the first time last night. Daddydoll fed her first (captured on video), and then I got to feed her (on video). Apparently I wasn't going fast enough because she grabbed the spoon from me and shoved it in her mouth!

Yes, time is going by so quickly.

Babydoll

Call Me a Cab
Another month has flown by. Lilypie is well into eating solids, rolling over, starting to creep along the floor. She is the best thing to happen to me (besides meeting Daddydoll!). Who wouldn't love this face?

daddysprincess_080110.jpg

Shangas

I'll Lock Up
Big Man said:
DSC02720.jpg

This is my grandson and I at my son's wedding rehearsal yesterday afternoon. My grandson will be the ring barer at his uncle's wedding. He had on the cutest little cream colored seersucker suit. When my son got it for him, he said "now I can be just like my grandaddy."

Of course, he being "all boy" didn't stay looking sharp all that long. Before the evening was out, he and his little sister went wading in the lake you see in the background of the photo. While he did roll up his pants legs in an attempt to "not get dirty", it didn't take long for the water (and mud) to cover the bottom third of him. Oh well, at least he looked cute through the end of the rehearsal and the rehearsal dinner. [huh]

Now, I wonder how long that little tux he will be wearing this evening will last. :D

An incredibly wonderful photo, Biggie! What's your grandson's name and how old is he? He looks positively adorable in that outfit!

Big Man

Shangas said:
An incredibly wonderful photo, Biggie! What's your grandson's name and how old is he? He looks positively adorable in that outfit!

Thanks. That photo was taken at my son's wedding in August, '08. My grandson is now 8 years old. He shares the same name as his great, great grandfather, great grandfather, grandfather, and his dad (he's WFB, V). His mother liked the name Tristian, so that was added and to save confusion he's called Tristian.

Big Man

This photo was taken a couple hours ago. There's not a better way to spend a Sunday afternoon than sitting on the front porch with your grandchildren.

DSC04210.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou