Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Families of the Lounge

Big Man

My Mail is Forwarded Here
They finally decided on a name for my new grandson, Samuel James ... . I think that's a good, strong name and will serve him well. Here we are with his big sister. The blanket was one my grandmother made when she was 98 years old for my son when he was born. All four of my children came home in this blanket, and all (now) six of my grandchildren have also come home wrapped in that same blanket. One of my granddaughters died shortly after birth, and we cut out a corner of the "family blanket" and buried it with her so she could "take it home" with her. The missing piece will also serve to remind future generations of the one "missing" from the family. Hopefully, this is a tradition that will continue with my grandchildren and their children.

They finally decided on a name for my new grandson, Samuel James ... . I think that's a good, strong name and will serve him well. Here we are with his big sister. The blanket was one my grandmother made when she was 98 years old for my son when he was born. All four of my children came home in this blanket, and all (now) six of my grandchildren have also come home wrapped in that same blanket. One of my granddaughters died shortly after birth, and we cut out a corner of the "family blanket" and buried it with her so she could "take it home" with her. The missing piece will also serve to remind future generations of the one "missing" from the family. Hopefully, this is a tradition that will continue with my grandchildren and their children.

Traditions like that are good. It keeps a family grounded. They know where they come from. :clap:
And Congratulations too. :D

Big Man, I always look forward to your photos. Very nice!

The boy....

5ee45f8b62380f2aaed67626916ca1b7.jpg

faa2bf96e3d43fae1230100196b89369.jpg

3e889cfb94029548f9ff440d6ab7ba92.jpg

Big Man

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Little baby Samuel James made his first visit to Granddaddy's house today. The dog and I babysat while everyone else was off doing who knows what.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot