Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Families of the Lounge

Big Man

My Mail is Forwarded Here

The entire family, excepting one daughter and a two month-old grandchild, on a family hike last week. It is the rare occasion that we can all get together at the same time anymore, much less get together for a eight mile hike in the mountains.

Big Man

Big Man, great looking family. And you look part of the guiding patriarch.

Thanks. I'm right proud of my children and grandchildren.

As to "guiding patriarch", that was my Dad's position. It came natural to him. I, on the other hand, need a map. :)

Babydoll

Call Me a Cab
Yesterday we reached another milestone with Lily - we registered her for Kindergarten. She was so excited to be at the school that she asked for a tour to see her classroom. A PTA parent volunteer took us on the tour, and we met Lily's potential teacher. The teacher commented that she found Lily's desire to explore her new surroundings, and the bravery she showed to be impressive. On the one hand, I am so excited to see the awesome person my kid is becoming. I am very proud of her. But, on the other hand... she's my baby, and my buddy. I'll miss her when she's at school. I see volunteer hours in my future.

Peking Duck Pavilion.

eff725163b7cd9bf2d4b2cbeed5d4baa.jpg

Big Man

Yesterday we reached another milestone with Lily - we registered her for Kindergarten. She was so excited to be at the school that she asked for a tour to see her classroom. A PTA parent volunteer took us on the tour, and we met Lily's potential teacher. The teacher commented that she found Lily's desire to explore her new surroundings, and the bravery she showed to be impressive. On the one hand, I am so excited to see the awesome person my kid is becoming. I am very proud of her. But, on the other hand... she's my baby, and my buddy. I'll miss her when she's at school. I see volunteer hours in my future.

My little granddaughter will be in kindergarten next year. That thought is more "traumatic" to me than it was (by far) with any of my own children.

What a fantastic photo, Harv! Just SUPER.

Babydoll a big mazel tov is in order for you, but really for Lily! Stand back, she's about to launch, and before you know it, she'll be visiting college campuses! Congrats, M'dear!

BIG MAN!! You, sir, are my hero. All the goodness of your group hike, together time, etc. is eclipsed by the dress code you maintain for the activity. Not only superbly hatted, but you wear a tie...?! TOTALLY impressive, man. I need to up my game out there!

Big Man

... BIG MAN!! You, sir, are my hero. All the goodness of your group hike, together time, etc. is eclipsed by the dress code you maintain for the activity. Not only superbly hatted, but you wear a tie...?! TOTALLY impressive, man. I need to up my game out there!

Thanks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points