Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Families of the Lounge

Babydoll

Call Me a Cab
There were three: one is deceased, one wounded (out of the hospital already), and one at large. Police know who he is. Just a matter of time now, not that it will bring Curt back. :(

sheeplady

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
I am so so sorry BabyDoll... I don't know what else to say. I am glad that you and your daughter are safe, but I am very sad that not all of your loved ones are. I am sending healing vibes your way to you and your extended family.

Babydoll

Call Me a Cab
We were asked to meet with a local news reporter that did an item for the news last night. He wanted to highlight that Curt was not some trigger-happy thug, but that he was a loving father that was defending his family. As we've learned that this was a gang-initiation crime (!!!! this is unfathomable in my mind), we now fear retaliation. So, we were anonymous in our support, but we support him just the same. If you care to watch what was said, this is the link. Curt would have blushed at all of the kind words, but he would have also grinned. I will miss him so much.

(And the video of him talking? It is mine. From a project I did when pregnant with Lily. I asked family and friends to record words of wisdom and life lessons they wanted Lily to know in her life. I'm so glad I captured this!)

http://m.kirotv.com/videos/news/video-family-of-man-killed-at-new-year39s-party/vC8jLs/

Thank you all for letting me talk about Curt. I appreciate hearing your kind words as I work through this grief. Please hug your loved ones tighter and longer today. You never know when life can change in the blink of an eye.

Babydoll

Call Me a Cab
I received a bit of good news yesterday from my niece. The neighboring house to hers had a security camera running, and captured the entire incident on video. It has been handed over to the police. I hope that this enables a more speedy resolution to this whole situation. (We'd been told it could take two weeks or more to recreated the "ballistics puzzle" as there were four shooters, and two of them were on the move.)

The viewing is tomorrow, memorial is being planned for later in the month. Having a difficult time finding a space large enough for the anticipated 400+ attendees (he was one of 8 children, and had a massive family of cousins, aunts, uncles, as well as so many friends that want to love and pay respect to him). Our fundraising efforts have raised $4200+ to help with the unexpected expenses.

Big Man

My Mail is Forwarded Here

For her birthday the other day, I got my little granddaughter a child's tea set. I like to see children use their imagination while playing rather than staring with glazed eyes into some video game crap. My aunt Hazel had a little tea set like this one when she was a little girl. I remember her telling me about the tea parties she had with her doll under the grapevines at the side yard of the house (where we now live). That was over 100 years ago.

I know my aunt Hazel and my granddaughter would have gotten along great. My granddaughter's personality is a lot like my aunt's was. This summer, when it's hot outside, I know my granddaughter will be having a tea party with her dolls in the cool shade under the grape vines that are in the same place they were when Hazel was a little girl.

Babydoll

Call Me a Cab
We had Curt's celebration of life on Saturday. There were well over 400 in attendance. It was bittersweet to see all of his relatives, but not him. I kept halfway expecting him to jump out and say "tada! here I am!", but that didn't happen. :(

I'm fairly certain that church has never had Garth Brooks (Friends in Low Places), Shania Twain (Feel Like a Woman), and ZZ Top (Sharp Dressed Man) played in their building before, but as the soundtrack to the memorial slideshow, it was a great reflection of his musical tastes.

The police investigation is still ongoing.

Last edited:

Big Man

My Mail is Forwarded Here
We had Curt's celebration of life on Saturday. There were well over 400 in attendance. It was bittersweet to see all of his relatives, but not him. I kept halfway expecting him to jump out and say "tada! here I am!", but that didn't happen. :(

I'm fairly certain that church has never had Garth Brooks (Friends in Low Places), Shania Twain (Feel Like a Woman), and ZZ Top (Sharp Dressed Man) played in their building before, but as the soundtrack to the memorial slideshow, it was a great reflection of his musical tastes.

The police investigation is still ongoing.

I have been holding you and your family in my prayers. I know this is a most difficult time and situation, but it is my sincere hope that the family will find peace.

Babydoll

Call Me a Cab
Thank you. It is heartbreaking. I spoke at length with my niece (occurred at her house) about planning her upcoming wedding. What is supposed to be a really joyous time for her isn't. She just wants her daddy back.

I'm coping as well as I can. Baking a lot of cookies. That's how I deal with stress. I bake. If y'all were closer, you'd be getting cookie packages.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CCRider