Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Families of the Lounge

sheeplady

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Thanks everyone!

Absolutely. He is adorable, and newborns aren't always attractive.

It's because he's nine pounds with lots of baby fat :) to make him look cute. That said, he's our small baby. His sister was 9 lbs. 13 ounces.

I think you should KEEP him. What a precious pair you have there!!!

At this point, I think his big sis would kill me for joking about it. She's two and a half and I have never had my parenting skills questioned so heavily. Tonight:
My baby brother is crying, why are you letting him cry?
When did you feed him?
Don't step on my baby brother.
Baby brother needs a blanket.
Baby Lars is cold.
You need to hold baby Lars.
I need to hold Baby Lars.
I need to make Baby Lars happy.
He's my baby brother, not yours.
He needs to sleep.
Baby Lars needs floor time with me.
Mommy! You need to feed my Baby Lars!
baby Lars needs sleep.
Baby brother needs a diaper change.
I only give kisses to Baby Lars now.
Baby Lars needs to wear THIS.
Baby Lars needs a bib to eat.

My daughter, putting mother-in-laws to shame all over the world. ;)

Cocker

Practically Family
Well guys, seems that our familly will be growing soon! My girlfriend is 4 and a half month pregnant, and we found out yesterday that it'll be a girl!! I'm quite extatic about it. She'll be our first child, and I cannot wait to see her, hold her in my arms. ETA is... 31.12.2015! Looks like we'll have another reason to pop out the champagne on New Year's Eve :cool:

Big Man

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Well guys, seems that our familly will be growing soon! My girlfriend is 4 and a half month pregnant, and we found out yesterday that it'll be a girl!! I'm quite extatic about it. She'll be our first child, and I cannot wait to see her, hold her in my arms. ETA is... 31.12.2015! Looks like we'll have another reason to pop out the champagne on New Year's Eve :cool:

Congratulations!

AmateisGal

I'll Lock Up

Congratulations!!! :eusa_clap

AmateisGal

I'll Lock Up
Lars is adorable !

Tell sis to enjoy him while she can still give him hugs & kisses...because someday, Lars won’t have none of it ! :p

[video=youtube;84DLT4yRcy4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=84DLT4yRcy4[/video]

Poor thing! I think someone desperately needed a nap. :D

11050682_10153457506284330_1793889178106316281_n.jpg

My Grandma and all her boys, arranged by age. My Uncle Dan, my Uncle Bob, Grandma, my Uncle Mike, and my Dad.
My Aunt Vickie, the only girl, and the youngest couldn't make it, and as many of you know, I lost my Grandpa in November.
The house is the cottage Grandpa built in 1958. My dad spent every summer of his childhood there, going for weeks at a time with my Uncle Mike and my Great-Grandpa.
I spent all my summers there, growing up. My parents now live 1 mile from there, and I'm about 8 minutes away.

Big Man

11050682_10153457506284330_1793889178106316281_n.jpg

My Grandma and all her boys, arranged by age. My Uncle Dan, my Uncle Bob, Grandma, my Uncle Mike, and my Dad.
My Aunt Vickie, the only girl, and the youngest couldn't make it, and as many of you know, I lost my Grandpa in November.
The house is the cottage Grandpa built in 1958. My dad spent every summer of his childhood there, going for weeks at a time with my Uncle Mike and my Great-Grandpa.
I spent all my summers there, growing up. My parents now live 1 mile from there, and I'm about 8 minutes away.

Great photo and great story.

Great photo, Tom! You'll have to Photoshop your Aunt into the group, because that one's a keeper for your grandma's wall. Looks like y'all have maintained the house well. It sort of makes me think of a contemporaryScandinavian prefab, so your Granddad was way ahead of his time!

Big Man

Great photo, Tom! You'll have to Photoshop your Aunt into the group, because that one's a keeper for your grandma's wall ...

Funny story about "Photoshopping" someone into a family picture:

My mother's side of the family had a family reunion back about 1960. My grandparents and their children, all seven brothers and sisters and their respective families, were there. Everyone was there except my for my uncle Mac, who was away in Africa at the time of the reunion. My aunt Barbara Ann, who was the youngest in the family and not married at the time, brought her boyfriend with her to the reunion. We had a nice big family picture made of everyone.

Well, things being as they were, aunt Barbara Ann and her boyfriend broke up shortly after the reunion. My grandfather, being the ever resourceful fellow he was, solved the "problem" of aunt Barbara Ann's now former boyfriend by carefully cutting out his head and pasting a cut out picture of my uncle Mac's head in its place. You could see what was done from a mile away, but that didn't matter, nor did it keep that big photo from being proudly displayed on the wall of my grandparent's house for years and years.

So, you really don't need Photoshop. All you need is a resourceful grandfather, a sharp pair of scissors, and a little glue. :)

Thank you all for the kind words. This was actually the second house he built, the house where my dad grew up was built by Grandpa, as well.

He built this place, for the most part, from stuff he got from job sites (he was in the trades).

I've always loved all the windows. It's always so bright and cheery inside, and looks so cozy and warm at night from inside or outside. It's even brighter and cheerier inside, since we took about 20 trees out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buhles