Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Famous People in Flight Jackets

TPD166

One Too Many
The late Martin Milner as Off. Pete Malloy wore a leather duty jacket during Season 1 of "Adam-12."

Until he used it to shield a patrol car window from a suspect armed with a shotgun. His quick thinking sentenced him wearing a cloth jacket for the rest of the series.

Justhandguns

Practically Family
Just saw this yesterday. Ex-Top Gear Clarkson..... Jacket looks good, unfortunately the man himself.....

37E9217D00000578-3773652-image-a-23_1473029809302.jpg

Cocker

Practically Family
They ought to stop pointing cameras at this individual. Nothing good ever came from it.

I must disagree. Clarkson is one of the most hilarious person I've seen on TV. Sure he doesn't look like an easy guy to work with, but at least he's speaking his mind off, which, in my book, is one top quality. Moreover, I've seen a couple shows with Clarkson about historical events, such as operation Market Garden, and he's one helluva storyteller.

Edit: His jacket is looking really nice! But I'm not sure he'll be bale to close it... :-D

I must disagree. Clarkson is one of the most hilarious person I've seen on TV. Sure he doesn't look like an easy guy to work with, but at least he's speaking his mind off, which, in my book, is one top quality. Moreover, I've seen a couple shows with Clarkson about historical events, such as operation Market Garden, and he's one helluva storyteller.

Edit: His jacket is looking really nice! But I'm not sure he'll be bale to close it... :-D

Sure thing, it's just that I dislike him. He strikes me as a bully. He's interesting to listen to, enough for me to actually watch a couple of episodes of that TV show where they drive those ridiculous cars around and while there's certainly a good reason for him being what he is, I personally don't care for people I wouldn't feel comfortable being around.

RJR

Sure thing, it's just that I dislike him. He strikes me as a bully. He's interesting to listen to, enough for me to actually watch a couple of episodes of that TV show where they drive those ridiculous cars around and while there's certainly a good reason for him being what he is, I personally don't care for people I wouldn't feel comfortable being around.
I second that feeling.

Brettafett

One Too Many
Thats the real 'Top Gear' :rolleyes: (the G-1 I mean)... Apologies... couldn't help it.

Anyway, more importantly... the jacket. Which maker's G-2 is that? Impossible to tell? It looks like a real mouton collar. Pretty square pockets. An Eastman? G&B? Although I doubt Mr Clarkson would buy US... o_O What could it be?

Actually, come to think of it, that would make a cool TV series (for a very limited number of viewers). Top 'Leather' Gear - but all about leather jackets. The presenters try em and review em, reconstructing events and recounting adventures and stories of those who have worn them.

Last edited:
Actually, come to think of it, that would make a cool TV series (for a very limited number of viewers). Top 'Leather' Gear - but all about leather jackets. The presenters try em and review em, reconstructing events and recounting adventures and stories of those who have worn them.

lol I think this would have like eight people watching it. Seriously, most people I know that actually are into leather jackets think I'm a psycho when I try to explain the difference between a Brooks and a Kehoe.

Marv

A-List Customer

From what I remember he does have an avid interest in WW2 and I think his ex-wife's father was a VC winner in WW2, I think ?

Cocker

Practically Family
From what I remember he does have an avid interest in WW2 and I think his ex-wife's father was a VC winner in WW2, I think ?

Indeed, his ex father-in-law won a VC during Op. Market-Garden. The show about it was really cool!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112