Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Famous People in Flight Jackets

fukigen

Familiar Face
I just discovered "Jesse Stone" starring Tom Selleck. I think it is a good serie with great actor.
Tom Selleck is wearing an A-2 in the episode "night passage"

View attachment 17677
View attachment 17678

sh..the attachement failed. but a pic of the dvd cover "sea change", with the A-2
seachange.jpg

Last edited:
It's my understanding that Sinatra's A2 was a HollyWood costume Co. repro later worn by Bob Crane in Hogan's Heros..but not sure how accurate that info is since it has been debated on several other forums.
HD

Big J

Call Me a Cab
It looks way too baggy on him, and I'm not sure the name tag is correct for the period.
Damn, I'm so anal.

rocketeer

Call Me a Cab
Sinatras A2 is what put me onto A2 jackets back in the late 1970s. I had seen Steve MacQueen and Hogans Hero's but I'm afraid it was good old Frank for me.
Great final scenes in Von Ryans Express filmed at Caminito del Rey, El Chorro, Spain.
J

Doctor Damage

I'll Lock Up
I imagine there must be an A-2 image thread here somewhere, but I couldn't find it, so I'm posting the following photos here.

Last edited:

Edward

Bartender
I know these guys are not wearing jackets, but I think it is still a cool picture. They are The 13 Black Cats, Hollywood's first professional stunt pilots.
denny_black_cats_01_750_zps35acf8e8.jpg

I love those sweaters. I wonder if they have been reproduced.... Interesting that there was later the 13 Rebels MC club with the arched black cat as their logo... I wonder did they take inspiration from these guys, in much the same way that the Hell's Angels lifted their name from the aviation arena....

ETA:

13 Rebels Sweater:

980f52088281e7aecc25f98316acbac4.jpg
13_rebel_members1.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnmichael