Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fancy Meeting You Here..

crwritt

One Too Many
I met him in a local pub while in college in the 70's. My parents and I went there to hear a jazz band. He was sitting alone at a table with three empty seats, and asked us to join him. we all joked and got along great, then when it was time to leave he trailed us back to the car and got my phone number.
We've been married since '79.

Vegan_Kitty

New in Town
I met my Mr at a life drawing evening class at a local art college, I knew he liked me when he put his easel next to mine lol We have been together for 5 years now :)

Adelaide

New in Town
Pretty Pedestrian Really

We met at work. Started dating after about two months, married and have been together almost 20 years now. We are growing closer all the time. :)

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
I've only been with my current fella for about a week....

Over a month ago, I was hanging with a girlfriend one night at a bar, we ran into one of her male friends and spent the rest of the evening all hanging out. A couple weeks ago he ran into her and asked her for my number, sent me a text message and we've been talking and talking since. It's still very new, but it's great so far.

MarieAnne

Practically Family
I met my husband in Kenya. Our parents were both living and working in Germany and they both decided to go to Kenya for Christmas and took us along. We were the same age so we hung out together. We all travelled back to Germany for New Years and had a New Years party together. We had our first kiss on the stroke of midnight on New Year 02 --> 03. There were fireworks, literally. He went back home to Ontario, and I went back home to Alberta. He was working and I was going to Univeristy. It was meant to be; despite being long distance for 4 years we stayed together. We were married June 2, 2007 and we now have a daughter.

epr25

Practically Family
I met my hubby at work. There were allot of things that had to fall into place for us to remain together. But we have been married almost a year now and together for 5.

MissAmelina

A-List Customer
We met on Match.....I knew from the first moment I saw his picture. Not kidding. And I didn't even think he was the best looking of the bunch! ha! :) But I just knew....so weird.

After numerous nervous phonecalls and emails we met at a wine bar one chilly September evening. Our hour and a half date turned into 6. :) He charmed me with his British sense of humor and good manners....well, mostly good. :) Within 6 months we were engaged, and we married the following December. It has been almost two years.

We would have never met if it had not been for Match....I can't imagine our paths would have crossed otherwise. I was a waitress and he worked for a software company an hour away.
He was my first and only Match date.

LelaViavonie

Practically Family
You all have such wonderful stories!! **sighs**

Mine is long and complicated... but in a nutshell.. LOL

My Sweet Potato and I met freshman year of high school.. I was dating his friend on the soccar team.
We became best friends over the years and we always had a crush on eachother but he was more open about it. I on the other hand wanted to date like there was no tomorrow.. I didnt want to be tied down..
We did date a few times throught high school but I broke it off all the time becuase I wanted to be free..
It wasnt until I turned 20 that (I) finally came to my senses that I was ready for a real relationship.. one that I knew would be the last. So we FINALLY (he says) started dating (exlusively) and we are celebrating our 2 year anniversary on Monday :D
And thats a big deal for me.. cause well.. im a hard one to keep in one spot :eek:
:D :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn