Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fancy Ribbons and Vintage Hats

ScottF

Call Me a Cab
Feraud said:
Stetson
DSC02351.jpg

I hadn't seen a back-bow before, but unexpectedly received a French hat with bow similar to Feraud's. Did men wear bows on the back of their hats, or is this a woman's hat? Mine appears to be a men's hat.

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
There are a few threads on this. I think it was a 20s thing that had a resurgence in the 50s. They are men's hats.

ScottF

Call Me a Cab
Lefty said:
There are a few threads on this. I think it was a 20s thing that had a resurgence in the 50s. They are men's hats.

Thanks Lefty. I figured there were threads on it...and I searched HARD :)...Man, I tried 'ribbon', 'left side', 'right side' 'back' etc...all to no avail. I even tried googling 'fedoraloungel.com' with various combinations of ribbon-related words.

But in the end, I just had to know, so thanks for not leaving me hanging, and afraid to wear my hat in public :)

Funny thing, the seller took a pic with a crease that made the ribbon appear to be on the side. I think it was accidental, but it sold me.

!BQtPpgw!2k~$(KGrHgoH-DUEjlLlw8DFBJ6T+9K1Z!~~_1.JPG

Meanwhile, since I'm wayyy off topic, here's my contribution to ribbon examples:

72d7_1.JPG

Garrett

My Mail is Forwarded Here
rlk has a beautiful vintage Archer boater with crazy ribbon treatment...robert? ;)

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
DanielJones said:
My very first vintage lid, the Adam Premier. Had for $10.

Nice, Dan. I'm always interested by ribbons that not only have different colors, but also different weaves/textures.

Here's another example of that approach -- a Portis Sterling:

Portis-4.jpg

PortisRibbon.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic