Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Farewell My Lovely... Hello my lovely hat.

Joshua London

New in Town
The VS is soon to be a not-made-anymore brand, as well.
Oy, really?
I'm really just an interloper here, dipping in occasionally as I window shop and daydream about hats, but this is the first I've heard that VS Custom Hats is going to be closing up shop. Is this legit?
I've never ordered from Mr. Fawcett, but if in fact he's winding things down I may force myself to do so. I've been holding off these last 6 years or so because my children (now toddlers), have been steadily abusing my hats (all but my Panama fedora and my Borsalino straw hat have taken a bit of a beating). Nothing that can't be re-blocked, but it has dissuaded me from purchasing anything new beyond flat caps...whatever.
Is VS really "soon to be a not-made-anymore brand"?

Oy, really?
I'm really just an interloper here, dipping in occasionally as I window shop and daydream about hats, but this is the first I've heard that VS Custom Hats is going to be closing up shop. Is this legit?
I've never ordered from Mr. Fawcett, but if in fact he's winding things down I may force myself to do so. I've been holding off these last 6 years or so because my children (now toddlers), have been steadily abusing my hats (all but my Panama fedora and my Borsalino straw hat have taken a bit of a beating). Nothing that can't be re-blocked, but it has dissuaded me from purchasing anything new beyond flat caps...whatever.
Is VS really "soon to be a not-made-anymore brand"?

Art hasn’t given a firm date, but he’ll stop taking orders in the next couple of months. Due to his impending retirement, his queue is getting longer so if you’re interested I wouldn’t wait too much longer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Joshua London

New in Town
Thanks Tukwila and deadlyhandsome. I saw his note on the Facebook page too. I just sent him an email to see if I’m too late. If I can still commission a bespoke hat from him, I think I may try and have him make one of these Robert Mitchum hats from “Farewell, My Lovely.”

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy