Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fashion Week

MrBern

I'll Lock Up
hobbitville

Funny, but the hobbit costumes are probably more wearable

C189

The Wingnut

One Too Many
Nothing a pair of wellingtons and some knee socks won't fix. ;) Lose the capes and they could be british schoolboys.

...Charlie's missing the tape 'round his knuckles!

Fleur De Guerre

Call Me a Cab
This is a classic example that pretty much proves my theory that fashion designers usually just sit back and think, "What ridiculous monstrosity can I come up with today?" Then people like David Beckham probably come along and buy it. And the fashion designer laughs all the way to the bank!

Feraud

Bartender
What I find amazing is the audience. They sit there with straight faces as men (a relative term) walk out looking like Little Red Riding hood and no one is laughing!
I could be laughing uncontrollably like DeNiro in Cape Fear! lol lol

katiemakeup

Practically Family
This cape is fantastic~ and I love the patches on the knees.
thom.2.jpg

This overcoat is AMAZING! Okay, so the glittery case is much, and of course the ski cap looks funny on the runway!... but just you wait till you live somewhere cold! I've seen many people wear stuff like that while living in the midwest in the winter!! lol
thom.5.jpg

MrBern

I'll Lock Up
mulling browne & ridicule

I liked this take on thom browne

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/02/08/fashion/shows/08FASHION.html

snippets:

"In all this rich romantic goodness, I also saw, perhaps not surprisingly, moral decay. Indeed, Mr. Brown’s miniaturizing aesthetic is a reflection of a decadent society — obsessed with design, obsessed with food, obsessed with money and fame."

"What’s intriguing about Mr. Browne’s clothes is the suggestion of something furtive and kinky. If you put a full-face ski mask with gray flannels or a pinched Norfolk jacket, you are not being innocent. You are being the opposite of innocent.

The power of suggestion is a wonderful quality for a designer to possess, and it strikes me that Mr. Browne is using this power to tease us with well-made clothes for role playing (tonight an officer and a gentleman, tomorrow Nurse Betty). I’m as open-minded as the next adult, but I can’t help sensing a familiar vacuum: is he giving men costumes or is he giving them clothes? If it’s the latter, he has not made the distinction clear enough."

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24