Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fatigue pants, is it the next default pants to wear with jackets? post yours.

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
Since this year everbody rocking theirs, and im certainly a convert, 5 pockets are cool and all, but those patch front pocket on fatigue pants is adding something more interesting, almost like double knee front panel but not to much, the inside of the pants is smooth without any pocket bags, the back pockets is deep and safer to secure smaller wallet with pocket flap and button, and they are available in many kind of sturdy fabrics, is this technically and visually better than jeans.... i think it is.

I just washed my sashiko fatigue and to my surprise it develops symmetrical front leg twist on both legs, interesting, i like it.
Screenshot_20230817_095710_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20230817_095815_Gallery.jpg
Also some fades is starting.

Please post yours and your opinion on this pants style.

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
i wish their back pocket flap is rounded on the edges so they can be easily tucked into the pocket when needed, I tucked mine since I carry this long wallet and tucking only on one side triggered me too much so I folded the corners and tuck in both flaps into the pocket

Observe

One Too Many
I had some Mister Freedom OD green fatigue pants (the "Raider"), and the fit and construction were excellent, but I decided that the style just wasn't for me. It's something that I think looks great on others but when I see it on myself I'd almost always rather be wearing jeans or maybe dark chinos. You guys are rocking them though!

Marc mndt

I'll Lock Up
what material is that? brushed twill? moleskin?
Washed cotton

IMG_7119.jpeg

This is one of my fav looks of yours.

Thnx. For some reason I never wear the pants nor the jacket. The jacket is quite impractical as it only has one pocket, hence its name lol. The pants are cool but I need to get used on those draw strings at the hem. It feels weird not wearing my pants over my boots.

mumpy

A-List Customer
I love my Orslow fatigues. I have pretty much beaten them to the ground and they are still going strong. They fade nicely too!

AbbaDatDeHat

I'll Lock Up
Hmm being that I wore them EVERYDAY for 3 plus years in the Army, I'm not sure I want to start doing it AGAIN, particularly if they're OD Green.

Worf
Ahh…come on Worf.
Not even a shiny new pair of boot green ones??
B

MrProper

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I guess so but it might look weird because they're quite short.
I would have them tightened from the knee down. Then they would be like breeches and the short length wouldn't bother me. Especially with 6" boots.
I've already had this done with my chinos and the cargo trousers are at the tailor's right now.

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
Hmm being that I wore them EVERYDAY for 3 plus years in the Army, I'm not sure I want to start doing it AGAIN, particularly if they're OD Green.

Worf
faded OD green or olive or sage works well with leather jacket and denim jacket though probably even more versatile than blue jeans:)

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
I would have them tightened from the knee down. Then they would be like breeches and the short length wouldn't bother me. Especially with 6" boots.
I've already had this done with my chinos and the cargo trousers are at the tailor's right now.
I did that to my camo cargo pants , from mid thigh drastically to slim knee area and then less tapering to mid calf and gradually less and less toward the hem so at least I still can wear it over the boots, I added that extra seam/ dart on the back of the leg (the center of the rear panel Screenshot_20230818_073808_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20230818_073900_Gallery.jpg
Originally it was a roomy straight leg cargo pants, luckily this one is corvertible into shorts with zipper around the thigh so it made the alteration simpler since only the pipe of the leg was being altered. I squatted to find out how much knee room I need without straining the material or stopping bloodflow, and make sure there is enough room on the calf so the pants can slide up and down freely even with high socks or boot shaft inside, the rest i reduced with this dart inside

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner