Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Favorite Halloween movies

DavidJones

One of the Regulars
I almost forgot about that movie. I remember it came out on the old ABC television show "Tuesday's movie of the week." I agree the "Devil Doll" episode of the trilogy was a creepy story as I remember.

Benzadmiral

Call Me a Cab
I still remember the final scene, after Black's character has burned the doll in her oven, the spirit rushes out and possesses her. It then shows Black sitting on the floor of her apartment, slowly and rythmically stabbing the point of the butcher knife into the floor. We then hear Black's mother offscreen, outside of the apartment placing keys into the lock and asking why Black had called her over so urgently. Then Black's eyes move to the door and, as she continues to work the knife, her lips curl into an evil grin revealing the ugly, snaggled teeth of the doll. Pretty chilling as I remember it.
That's pretty much what I recall too. Richard Matheson adapted his own short story, "Prey," for that. He knew how to make something visually effective. The original story ends with Amelia, Black's character, calling her mother and getting her to come over, then taking the knife and lying in wait. What you describe is even more of a shotgun blast.

Bushman

I'll Lock Up
Some of my favorites:
Halloween (1978)
The Shining
Jaws
A Nightmare on Elm Street (original)
Rebecca
Rose Red
Mama
Psycho
Friday the 13th Parts 1-4
Cannibal Holocaust
The Birds
The Hound of the Baskervilles (Masterpiece Theater version)
Cold Creek Manor
The Thing (original)
Sleepy Hallow (the Johnny Depp one)
It

To me there's no horror quite like a psycho-thriller.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner