Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Favorite time of day to smoke a cigar?

At the cigar lounge yesterday talking with the fellas, we got to talking about our favorite time of day to smoke. For most guys it's after work or in the evening after supper, but I mentioned that my favorite time was early morning. I wasn't alone, but definitely in the small minority. I love watching the sun come up with a good cigar and cup of coffee. It's quiet and peaceful, no phones ringing, no leaf blowers, no yapping by the neighbor kids. I really enjoyed it when I lived in West Texas. I LOVE the desert sunrise, and I'm an early-morning person anyway, but a good smoke just makes it all the better.

Dixie_Amazon

Practically Family
Speaking for my husband here. He is a night owl and enjoys sitting on the patio with the dogs enjoying a cigar and an Irish Whiskey after everyone else is asleep. The dogs know the routine, when he opens humidor they start getting excited.

MikePotts

Practically Family
I almost always have a Sancho Panza Double Maduro with a few light beers between 1100hrs & Noon at a local bar after 2 or 3 hours of tennis and on occasion, when it's not too hot, something a little stronger after dinner on the deck with a cocktail or two.

KLF

New in Town
After 11pm when the house is quite and all are asleep, with a glass of brandy. Sitting outside the house and enjoying the silence or with a good audible book to listen to.

When I can find time, it is usually in the evenings. I like to smoke earlier in the day so the smoke doesn't linger in my mouth the next day, but beggars can't be choosers. :D

Renault

One Too Many
For me it's not a cigar but my trusty pipe. Only time I smoke is when I'm afield. Especially at the end of the day. Dusk, when the wind lays a bit. And the smoke from the campfire is slowly swirling upward. That place in the evening when the night sounds in the woods are just beginning to make their presence known. The bedroll is out on the ground and that first star is beginning to twinkle over head.

Each time is a new experience. And it never gets old!

I have a man cave in my garage. A stereo, a perfectly ugly purple leather recliner and matching ottoman (a $25 Craigslist score) a cardboard box table/ashtray set in the corner next to my work bench. Fave time is after lunch on a day off with chores handled and a two hour block of unaccounted for time. I sit in my beloved recliner, listen to NPR (CBC in Canada), read a good book or at least pretend to read, and enjoy a good smoke sometimes with a glass of rum or a Bushmills. It is the luxury of two hours of nothing to do but smoke. The act restores my soul

BriarWolf

One of the Regulars
I love to smoke and watch the sun set...very relaxing.

Same. My grandfather, from whom I learned the habit, was always a morning smoker, no matter how cold the PA winters got. Myself, I'm an evening smoker. Started off that way out of habit; when I was new behind the wheel and gas was cheaper I loved to go for an evening drive and 'chase the sunset'. A cigar was rolled into the ritual, partly because of the long drive which one had to make to the nearest cigar shop, which always stretched into the evening. Sadly, money these days is such that the sunset often passes unpursued, and my humidor lingers empty. :frown:

Hawkcigar

One of the Regulars
I tend to prefer very late at night when most of the rest of my neighborhood has gone to bed. Somewhere between midnight and 1:00 a.m. is just about perfect for me. I go outside and it's so very quiet and nice. Nothing but me, my dog Willie and a lot of stars.

Guttersnipe

One Too Many
At the cigar lounge yesterday talking with the fellas, we got to talking about our favorite time of day to smoke. For most guys it's after work or in the evening after supper, but I mentioned that my favorite time was early morning. I wasn't alone, but definitely in the small minority. I love watching the sun come up with a good cigar and cup of coffee. It's quiet and peaceful, no phones ringing, no leaf blowers, no yapping by the neighbor kids. I really enjoyed it when I lived in West Texas. I LOVE the desert sunrise, and I'm an early-morning person anyway, but a good smoke just makes it all the better.

I'm totally with you on this one, although, I smoke a pipe and not cigars, so it's kinda different. My favorite time to smoke is mornings I get up really, Really, REALLY early - for instance, before dawn, when I'm in the mountains fishing. Add to it a nice bowl of Cavendish and cup of cowboy coffee - pure heaven!

Ozarkian

New in Town
I smoke a pipe during the day, but some evenings after dinner I do enjoy a good cigar with a glass of whiskey. Few things better than the combination of a quality bourbon and a stogie from The Forbidden Isle. :D

As to bourbon; I love Weller-12 and Elmer T. Lee.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ