Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Favourite Scents

Eleanor Marie

One of the Regulars
nearly run out...

I love Opium but haven't worn it for a long time. Chanel no5 and Agent Provocateur both smell like drain cleaner on me - when I tested them the other week I got told off about the pong~! I want some Elizabeth Arden 'Provocative Woman' and some Calvin Klein 'Eternity'. I have recently worn Hugo Boss 'Deep Red' or 'Ultraviolet' by Paco Rabanne. I usually wear Georgio but want a change. Need to get some more points on my 'Boots' reward card.............:)

princessofcandl

One of the Regulars
BeBopBaby said:
Can anyone recommend a perfume that smells like real roses? It seems that all the rose perfumes that I find are too sweet smelling. They never quite smell like the real thing.

I sifting through lots of messages so please forgive if this has been answered. A really nice "real rose" perfume (and yes, I agree if you can get it, perfume oil would be best) is by Crabtree and Evelynn. They have a Evelyn Rose and its delicate.

olive bleu

One Too Many
i have tryed a sample and really love it (The scent of 4 roses types combined)
24ET125RO.jpg

Plus, the packaging is gorgeous!

http://www.loccitane.com/Default.aspx?a=12&s=27&c=1&l=1

Aorta

Familiar Face
I love all the scents of "Les Parfums de Rosine". I tested a few and they were all great. It's just quite hard to get them and they are rather on the expensive side (I paid 90 € for 100 ml).
I chose "Un Zest de Rose", which is absolutely gorgeous! It smells like fresh-cut roses with a hint of orange and lemon - perfect for the summer.

flakonbj2.jpg

TaxiGirl

New in Town
I am all over the Black Phoenix Alchemy Lab (as a few other people here are) -- right now I'm loving a light roses-and-trees scent for day, with something a bit spicier at night.

My mom and her mom wear Shalimar for special occasions, and I can't smell it (or even some of the very similar orientals) without thinking of them.

beaucaillou

A-List Customer
TaxiGirl said:
I am all over the Black Phoenix Alchemy Lab (as a few other people here are) -- right now I'm loving a light roses-and-trees scent for day, with something a bit spicier at night.

My mom and her mom wear Shalimar for special occasions, and I can't smell it (or even some of the very similar orientals) without thinking of them.

TG, I have another friend who LOOVVVES BPAL, and I really want to give them a try, but the process of ordering samples and then determining from there seems really overwhelming, especially since I have *no* idea where to start with ther stuff. Any helpful ideas?

olive bleu

One Too Many
CanadaDoll said:
Oooooo that one sounds fantastic Olive! I might need to add that to my collection:eusa_doh: lol :D

Canadadoll..I am in love with all the products from this company...I am absolutely gone on their honey cream..
15CV050M2.jpg

beaucaillou

A-List Customer
Ladies! Friends! FLoungers!

Guess what I just found? This wonderful site where you can order *tons* of samples (including the L'Artisan Perfumes which recently came up)! I just spent less than $20 and got 4 scents, two which I know I love and two new ones! Since I can't wear perfume much because of my job, I never want to buy a full bottle as it wll just sit and go bad, so small formats like samples, easily last me a year!

As you can tell, I'm fabulously excited.

Go forth and buy!

https://www.luckyscent.com

Miss Neecerie

I'll Lock Up
I have tons of BPAL samples and a few bigger bottles...

More for everyday then for vintage....but I have a heavy on the carnations one called Moscow that does smell quite old fashioned...

haha...I have plastic cups -full- of sample vials...

if anyone wants some...you can pm

Shearer

Practically Family
beaucaillou said:
Ladies! Friends! FLoungers!

Guess what I just found? This wonderful site where you can order *tons* of samples (including the L'Artisan Perfumes which recently came up)! I just spent less than $20 and got 4 scents, two which I know I love and two new ones! Since I can't wear perfume much because of my job, I never want to buy a full bottle as it wll just sit and go bad, so small formats like samples, easily last me a year!

As you can tell, I'm fabulously excited.

Go forth and buy!

https://www.luckyscent.com

beaucaillou, you just made my day! I asked for perfume advice a while back and got tons of responses. When I went to go give them a try, I could only wear one on each arm to see how they reacted with me and I didn't like either of them :(

But now I can have a field day with all the recs on this thread... thanks a bunch! :)

beaucaillou

A-List Customer
Shearer said:
beaucaillou, you just made my day! I asked for perfume advice a while back and got tons of responses. When I went to go give them a try, I could only wear one on each arm to see how they reacted with me and I didn't like either of them :(

But now I can have a field day with all the recs on this thread... thanks a bunch! :)

Only too glad to help! :)

LadyStardust

Practically Family
Beau, I'm in love with that site, thanks again! And I'm thrilled to see that you can even get a sample of the limited edition L'Artisan perfumes! Because there is no way I'm pay $200+ for a small bottle of perfume. :p

LadyStardust

Practically Family
WOW. WOWOWOWOWOWOWOW. I haven't even received my shipment yet, and I'm already thoroughly impressed. First off with the site(luckyscent.com), the layout is wonderful, easy to navigate, and I love the detailed descriptions of the perfumes, and all the notes they contain. Also, the sample option mentioned is wooooooonderful, because otherwise I would be beyond broke, because there were so many I wanted. I placed an order of around 7 samples this morning at around 11:00. Not ten minutes ago (3:10) I received an e-mail confirming that my order had SHIPPED. Not just been processed, but shipped. Maybe it's silly, but I am almost in shock, because I've -never- experienced -such- fast turn-around time with any other e-tailer. And I had chosen the cheapest shipping option too. Now, if the perfumes smell as good as they sound when they arrive...well, then I think I'll have found the love of my life! And my bank account will have met its arch nemesis,haha! lol The point of this rambling is to urge you to go ahead and order from the site if you haven't, it's AMAZING! :D :D :D :D:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Shearer

Practically Family
LadyStardust said:
WOW. WOWOWOWOWOWOWOW. I haven't even received my shipment yet, and I'm already thoroughly impressed. First off with the site(luckyscent.com), the layout is wonderful, easy to navigate, and I love the detailed descriptions of the perfumes, and all the notes they contain. Also, the sample option mentioned is wooooooonderful, because otherwise I would be beyond broke, because there were so many I wanted. I placed an order of around 7 samples this morning at around 11:00. Not ten minutes ago (3:10) I received an e-mail confirming that my order had SHIPPED. Not just been processed, but shipped. Maybe it's silly, but I am almost in shock, because I've -never- experienced -such- fast turn-around time with any other e-tailer. And I had chosen the cheapest shipping option too. Now, if the perfumes smell as good as they sound when they arrive...well, then I think I'll have found the love of my life! And my bank account will have met its arch nemesis,haha! lol The point of this rambling is to urge you to go ahead and order from the site if you haven't, it's AMAZING! :D :D :D :D:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

I totally second you, LadyStardust! I spent a good chunk of my day at work (hehe) perusing that site, reading the descriptions and reviews, and basically just staring in wonderment at a bunch of lovely perfumes I never knew existed. I placed an order for four samples late last evening, then went back and placed another order for two or three more that I thought I needed to try out as well lol

And yup, I just noticed two confirmation emails from a couple hours ago saying that my order had already shipped today!

I'm so excited to get them. I've been searching for so long for my signature scent and I can't wait to try everything out. :D

LadyStardust

Practically Family
Alright, all you lovers of BPAL and oil-based perfumes, listen up! I recently ordered from a sort of alternate/rival to BPAl, and FELL IN LOVE. It's called Arcana, and their scents are absolutely to die for. They sell both soap and oils, at this site here:
http://www.magicalomaha.com/arcanagothicsoap.htm

I ordered Vampire's Garden, Skipping Vespers, and Sweet Milk oils, and the Avalon soap(which comes in a HUGE slice). All the scents are absolutely true to the descriptions, kinda put me in a swooning stupor every time I took a sniff. lol I just wanted to give a heads up to the ladies here, this company is definitely worth investing in!:)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo