Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Favourite Scents

princessofcandl

One of the Regulars
Polka Dot said:
I'm looking for suggestions for summer perfume. I tend to like floral and citrus scents.

I went to Sephora the other day and got samples of Angelique Lilas by Guerlain and Summer by Kenzo, both of which I liked in the store but didn't smell nice on me. :(

Any ideas?

Gotta try Lemon Sugar from Fresh (I get it at Sephora). Its light, sweet, and refreshing. I adore it and it comes off very soft for hot weather. And I live in Texas so its always hot weather here.

Kitty_Sheridan

Practically Family
What about Vintage?

I wear Soir de Paris by Bourjois, I'm not overly keen on the smell but at living history events elderly ladies always recognise it! It's quite heady. Violet I think.

For everyday I like Eternity or Casimir by Chopard. But for work I tend to stock to Rose by Floris or Lavender (whoever said fragonard was spot on...it's lovely!)

Miss.Beast

New in Town
Polka Dot said:
I'm looking for suggestions for summer perfume. I tend to like floral and citrus scents.

I went to Sephora the other day and got samples of Angelique Lilas by Guerlain and Summer by Kenzo, both of which I liked in the store but didn't smell nice on me. :(

Any ideas?

Try the new Summer Amor Amor fragrance by Cacharel.
Its amazing.

Amor Amor is my ultimate fave scent.
Flowerbomb is beautiful also.

I hate Angel by Thierry Mugler

Coco Chanel Mademoiselle is amazing also.

Tourbillion

Practically Family
Kitty_Sheridan said:
What about Vintage?

I wear Soir de Paris by Bourjois, I'm not overly keen on the smell but at living history events elderly ladies always recognise it! It's quite heady. Violet I think.

For everyday I like Eternity or Casimir by Chopard. But for work I tend to stock to Rose by Floris or Lavender (whoever said fragonard was spot on...it's lovely!)

Nice choices! I actually wear more vintage perfumes that modern ones (although I don't discriminate).

Today I got a bottle of Jolie Madame by Balmain, it is lovely.

I've been meaning to get a bottle of vintage Soir de Paris, and Crepe de Chine too, but I haven't gotten around to it yet. The vintage Guerlains, like Vega or Heure Bleue are really beautiful too.

I am also currently hooked on Caron's Fleurs de Rocaille, it is a floral ald?©hyd?© and the art deco bottle is wonderful!

princessofcandl

One of the Regulars
OK.... so I posted this on another thread but wanted to mention it here too cuz this is where it NEEDS to be.

I was at Sephora getting hair stuff and I saw IT!!!

My fav perfume Auquolina Pink Sugar (smells like cotton candy) in a compact perfume solid!!! Yeahhhhhh.... I'm going on a trip next week and am super happy cuz its NOT A LIQUID!!!

Its about the size of a "regular" compact and costs $22.

Here's a linky:
http://www.sephora.com/browse/brand_hierarchy.jhtml?brandId=5770

Miss Kitty

New in Town
I'm a big fan of l'air du temps by nina ricci, very pleasant and light fragrance. I also was one for arpege. One thing is that I love Chanel N. 5, but I bought the eau de perfume, and it was simply horrible, I never used it. It was way different than the regular eau de toilet or cologne. I used to wear opium, but it's way too heavy, enough to choke a goat. My mom wears, (or used to wear) Red Door, used to give me a headache, way to artificial smelling, is it just me, or does everything sold today smell like rotten fruit? Can't stand the new stuff, I feel like I have to bury it cause it smells so bad...

Katie Brookes

One of the Regulars
as Rose is my middle name I for a long time felt obligated to wear rose fragrances (silly, but this logic I inherited from my grandma Rose who has everything in her house with rose patterns, from the drapes to the china!)... after a long, long search the only one i found that i love is Fresh's Bulgarian Rose lotion.

I wish I had the dedication not to switch perfumes constantly, but I find I make strong associations between perfumes and certain stages of my life, to the point where the smells can change my mood and send me into serious nostalga-mode...

the first perfume I ever wore regularly was Azzaro... the bottle is like three little bubbles or a melting snowman and it is blueish... the only perfume i've ever finished a whole bottle of. I had gotten it in Paris in 8th grade and it made me feel terribly sophisticated.

L'Occitaine Green Tea is fantastic, but my mom liked it so much I gave it to her, since she never wears perfume and I was amazed she liked it so much; she wears it every day. Until Green Tea she hadn't worn perfume since Opium back when i was little.
i really like all of their almond-scented products right now. and their lavender is, as far as i am concerned, the perfect lavender scent.

I love Anna Sui but it will always smell like freshman&soph year of college to me...

I wore Amor Amor the year I lived in Rome then not at all for a year, so I've started wearing it again because it puts me back in a really optimistic frame of mind...

Aquolina Pink Sugar is one of my favs but i didn't realize until too late that the bottle cracked and slowly seeped out, saturating the lining of one of my drawers, but now anything i keep in that drawer smells very nice!

The rotation recently has been Miss Dior Cherie (helps that i adore the bottle:)) and Chanel Chance. I really love both of these, but the bottle of Cherie looks better next to my deco hand-mirror!
Miss_Dior_Cherie.jpg

The most unforgettable, amazing perfume I've ever found is YSL Babydoll. The only girl I've ever been attracted to wore it and I think this perfume was why, because the smell is really provocative, and seems to stay with you... it is incredibly haunting and sexy. I can't wear it often because there is something almost a little dirty about it... it is my date perfume and it seems to have a kind of confidence-in-a-bottle effect for me, and i've definitely had guys who were otherwise oblivious to that kind of thing ('that kind of thing' being anything beyond basic grooming) notice that i smelled really good. was that TMI?lol

recently i've been using too many scented lotions to wear perfume... honey scented in general. Lush makes an amaaaaazziiinggg honey scented massage bar, which is sort of greasy so you have to top it off with the Silky Underwear body powder... wonderful combination and makes your skin feel amazingly soft... and it is nice to have the little ritual of putting it on right out of the shower - which for me is also honey scented because of Trader Joe's honey-mango shaving lotion! I'm addicted to this combination right now, so i haven't worn perfume in months.

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
I tried some of the Coco Mademoiselle yesterday and I am beyond in love with this scent. It really lasts too--there's still a hint on my wrist today. The bottle is so pretty too--they know how to reel us girls in, don't they? I'm researching where I can get the best deal on this because I'd like the biggest bottle I can afford!

ScarletAirelle

New in Town
I love Coco Mademoiselle also, I've been using it for years. I remember when the small bottle sold for $60.00 now it sells for over 80 and that small bottle doesnt last me long at all. :( I once tried Chanel No. 5 but it gave me a huge headache that would not go away, I also use Stella Eau de Parfume and it smells amazing, especially if you like rose scents.

lindylady

A-List Customer
Has anyone tried Very Irresistible by Givenchy? It has a vintage floral scent, at least to me, anyway. I also like Hypnose by Lancome.

As for the classics, I stand by Chanel no 5 and Fracas.

laurenbateman

New in Town
infininiment pettlilant by Sephora,by far the most beautiful scent I have ever come across,i spray it on and it makes me feel like a film star no matter what,and its quite inexpensive xoxo

BOOMBEBE

New in Town
laurenbateman said:
infininiment pettlilant by Sephora,by far the most beautiful scent I have ever come across,i spray it on and it makes me feel like a film star no matter what,and its quite inexpensive xoxo
lol my mohter had that, and i take it all the time. but i like to only spray the tiniest bit so when ever i hug someone, thier just like whats smells so delicious. and IT ME! :D my mohter hates it when i use it though. i oh do love the smell.

agent d

New in Town
day and night scents

Rose is such a classic scent. I love to wear it alone or mixed with a creamy floral for daytime. Come evening I wear Agent Provacateurs signature (solid pink bottle) scent. It's become my signature evening scent. Sexy floral musk. It really drives the suitors wild!;)

kerry

One of the Regulars
Chanel Coco, closely followed by No.5. I also like Anais anais for a nice simple daytime perfume. Im tempted to try a cheaper Avon perfume for everyday wear as I get through 3 bottles of Chanel a year and as we all know, its not cheap:)

gluegungeisha

Practically Family
I'm a big fan of Absinthe by Arcana Soaps. I also like to wear the Opium and Lotus I got in India, if I want something exotic but light. If I want something really light, I wear Tea Rose.

Other than thaaaat, my one big splurge last year was a bottle of Chanel Coco Mademoiselle. Love it!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk