Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Favourite Scents

HeyMambo

New in Town
Can't figure out how to do the quote box thingie...

...but I would have put Kamikat's Luckyscent post in it. Eh, I'm such a noob! :eusa_doh:

Yes, Luckyscent is terrific. Some other fun places with samples/decants are:

www.beautyhabit.com/bhsample.html

http://theperfumedcourt.com/

Oh yes...it's far too easy to spend money in any of those! But look at it this way - look how much we're saving by just buying the samples instead of the full sizes!

Yeah, I can pretty much rationalize anything...

~*Red*~

Practically Family
OOh! another places for samples!!! I love the ones I ordered from Perfumed court so far. So much that I may just order bigger size of the samples...it was a great deal! And now I will have to check this one out.

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
Oh no! We've have discovered the problem. I like spicey/Oriental scents, hubby prefers lighter, floral scents. I have tried a ton of samples and the only thing we can agree on is Giorgio, but both of us say it's "ok", not great. It's the only one that doesn't have one who loves it and the other hates it. So, ladies, would you wear something that you don't like but hubby loves? Would you wear something you love but know that your hubby (or significant other) hates? Would you wear something that is just tolerable to both? I guess I can just not wear any scent, or maybe I should keep looking.

FStephenMasek

One of the Regulars
Evening in Paris

Has anyone ever run across "Eveining In Paris." It was my mother's perfume, and it may have come from department stores in St. Louis, MO, or from her brother who fought as an artillery officer in WWII.

plumdearly

New in Town
I'm a perfume fanatic and keep at least 20 different bottles on hand at any given time with my more prized bottles locked away for special use. I can attest, Lucky Scent and Beauty Habit are great places to shop. Lucky Scent keeps my addiction going. ;)

Right now, my favorites are Dawn Spencer Hurwitz's Jitterbug and Parfum de Luxe. The latter is very expensive, but so worth it. From her website http://www.dshperfumes.com:
On the Riviera, I was overwhelmed by the charm and grace of my surroundings. The Perfume in the air was magnificent. Inspired by the Art Deco movement of the 1920¬¥s and ¬¥30¬¥s, Parfum de Luxe is rich, pure and confident. Luxury is back!​

I also really like Keiko Mecheri's Loukhoum. This is what I wear almost daily - the DSH ones are more appropriate for evening, although I sometimes just can't help wearing them to work because they're so fabulous. :D

sophia la shok

One of the Regulars
I have to say being cheap and cheerful for once- i'm really liking The Body Shops perfume oils at the moment. each one is under a tenner and is completely scrumptious. i have the satsuma one which so far has driven my bf fairly nuts. ;0)

if only they did it in cherry. :0(

ehappy

Familiar Face
Evening in Paris

FStephenMasek said:
Has anyone ever run across "Eveining In Paris." It was my mother's perfume, and it may have come from department stores in St. Louis, MO, or from her brother who fought as an artillery officer in WWII.

There's currently several listed on eBay for sale...

There appears to be quite a demand for it as many of them are ending with multiple bids. Woo!

http://search.ebay.com/search/search.dll?from=R40&_trksid=m37&satitle=evening+in+paris&category0=

Lillemor

One Too Many
Dior Dolce Vita and Estee´ Lauder Pure White Linen for day wear these days. I really want Donna Karan Black Cashmere, I think it would be a good evening signature fragrance for me. When I'm broke and if I'm out of fragrance, the classic but cheap Cacharel Anais Anais is just fine:)

Guerlain had some classics in their time before they began reformulating them I've been told. Jicky, Mitsouko and Samsara comes to mind.

I miss Pierre Balmain, Ivoire De Balmain which I wish I could make my signature day fragrance. Tabu was good too. I haven't worn it for a long time so I'm not sure it will still work with my ever changing body chemistry.

AllaboutEve

Practically Family
Nice to see another new face, welcome to the lounge Classylady!:)

We have a HUGE thread in the beauty section about our favourite scents, it had just got a bit buried by all the other threads! I'm sure that you'll find hundreds of recommendations there.

It's one of my favourite threads so I'd be pleased to see it revived: http://www.thefedoralounge.com/showthread.php?t=14053

In fact I might just go right over there now!

AllaboutEve

Practically Family
I've just switched from Lanvin's Arpege to Houbigant's Quelques Fleurs and I love it. It seems to have so much more staying power and has a real 80's type dry-down bit like Poison but with a little more sophistication and less brashness.

Pola Debevoise

New in Town
I'm using Versace Red Jeans at the moment, simply because it was a present and I can't afford to buy a new one right now! Its nice but a little too flowery for me.

My absolute favourite is Dolce and Gabanna Light Blue, its just gorgeous!

Lillemor

One Too Many
The only fragrance I own I really like is Dior Dolce Vita. It's a day EDT. It's the only fragrance I like that my body chemistry likes too. My body chemistry really likes the trendy fruity floral run of the mill fragrances and I am so fed up with them! If I really like a fragrance, my body chemistry usually disagrees.

I can't find many of the fragrances I want to test locally and I won't buy anything before I've tried it on my skin and worn it for a few hours to see how it develops.

I want Donna Karan Black Cashmere which I mentioned on the other thread. I also want a separate fragrance budget and fragrance wardrobe!

sixsexsix

Practically Family
My favourite is L'Occitane's Magnolia eau de toilette, but I am pretty sure it has been discontinued. I also like Chance by Chanel, and Clinque Happy Heart. Also White Musk by the Body Shop has been my trusty fallback for the past 10 years or so.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo