Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Favourite Scents

Midgetqueen

New in Town
My favorites are Chanel No. 5 (I'll NEVER actually afford a bottle with my current job!), and Auric Blends' Egyptian Goddess perfume oil which is only about $10 for a roll-on bottle that lasts forever and always gets me a zillion compliments.

Am curious about Black Phoenix Alchemy Lab, but haven't tried any of their scents.

Lillemor

One Too Many
Midgetqueen said:
My favorites are Chanel No. 5 (I'll NEVER actually afford a bottle with my current job!), and Auric Blends' Egyptian Goddess perfume oil which is only about $10 for a roll-on bottle that lasts forever and always gets me a zillion compliments.

Am curious about Black Phoenix Alchemy Lab, but haven't tried any of their scents.

Anytime I'm near a fragrance department/counter, I "need" to test the most expensive ones because it's the only way I'm going to experience the pleasure of wearing these fragrances.

Living in a rural sleepy town, that doesn't happen very often though:(

Darhling

Call Me a Cab
I found a new favorite scent!! I rarely wear new ones, I have two I have worn for a very long time, but both are quite light and perfect for daytime. I have wanted a heavier scent for ages but everything I have tried have been too heavy/powdery/over the top. My dear ex bought me a perfume home from his trip to Italy and it is .. amazing! Perfectly heavy and sexy and musky but still not too much, I keep sniffing my arm! I can't wait to try it out on unsuspecting souls :D

Caroline Fleming Eau de Vie

pu_carolinef.jpg

Miss Golightly

Call Me a Cab
My favourites for daytime are:

Aqua di Parma Iris Nobile
Coco Mademoiselle
Chanel Chance Eau Fraiche
Chanel No 5

For the evening:

Pomegranate Noir by Jo Malone

TessTrueheart

Darhling said:
I found a new favorite scent!! I rarely wear new ones, I have two I have worn for a very long time, but both are quite light and perfect for daytime. I have wanted a heavier scent for ages but everything I have tried have been too heavy/powdery/over the top. My dear ex bought me a perfume home from his trip to Italy and it is .. amazing! Perfectly heavy and sexy and musky but still not too much, I keep sniffing my arm! I can't wait to try it out on unsuspecting souls :D

Caroline Fleming Eau de Vie

pu_carolinef.jpg

The TV baronessa?

HadleyH

I'll Lock Up
Oui Oui Coco!

mmmmmmmmmm.... something tells me this is going to be my next splurge... i adore perfumes with patchouli base... not the cheap headshop patchouli but the more elegant, delicious and refined version , lets call it the French version of it ;) .... i'm always on the look for this sort of fragance and "Coco' apparently has plenty of it! Yayyyy! :D

cocomadwoman.jpg

just_me

Practically Family
Georgio - been wearing it since it first came out and I had to order from California (it wasn't sold in stores here at first). I try, and buy, other scents, but I don't like any as much as Georgio.

Tourbillion

Practically Family
You want both sweet pea and lavender in the same fragrance? That doesn't sound like a good idea.

Actually most Lavender scents are men's scents, they are what my grandfather wore. However, you might like a lavender water (I think English Lavender by Yardley would do the trick). There is also (Acqua di Parma) Colonia, Lavande (Fragonard), Lavender (Floris 1821). I think that there is lavender in Jicky (Guerlain 1889) too, so you might like that one.

There used to be a lot of 1930's scents called Sweet Pea or Sweet Pea water, but they are no longer made. I am pretty sure that Pois de Senteur de Chez Moi (Caron 1927) and Pois de Senteur (Guerlain 1917) are sweet pea scents as well. You might need to go to Paris to get Caron scents. The Guerlain Pois de Senteur is discontinued, so if you have lots of money eBay will supply you with that one. Otherwise, just get a drugstore Sweet Pea scent, it is likely the same as the 1930's ones.

Lillemor

One Too Many
Some historical site mentioned that at one time lavender and sweetpea were the only legitimate day fragrances for women. I just stumbled upon it by chance while doing an unrelated search. I just like the nostalgic idea of wearing something very historical but if the two didn't go together and if women really wouldn't have worn lavender I'll forget it.:)

Could it have been their clothes that smelled of lavender? I've always wanted to try Caron scents because so many ladies rave about them. I've never sampled them and no woman I know actually owns a Caron fragrance.

Tourbillion

Practically Family
Well Jicky had a lavender scent, and it was for women and it was an early one (1889). Lavender is okay for ladies I think. It is just that lavender is a favorite note for men's cologne, so most of the scents with it are for guys. There were probably other scents for women with lavender, but they don't survive for the most part.

I am actually amazed that there were any scents that were considered okay for women in the daytime. My understanding is that nice girls don't or rather didn't wear any perfume at all before 5 pm. Maybe a bit of rosewater, but even that is pushing it.

Also not to be worn for day are excessive jewelry, heavy makeup etc. However, these rules are not followed today by very many people.

Antje

One Too Many
I love coco mademoiselle, and chanel no 5, but they are so expensive, I once had a fake no 5 it smelled great but I was allergic to it so I sprayed it on my clothes or hair.

also one of my favorites is Harajuku lovers by Gwen stefani, not vintage, but a really cute bottle and a great fraguence

DameIniquitous

New in Town
The one I use now is Noa Perle, and the next perfume I'm trying out is Vera Wang's Princess.

It's so fresh and I've been hooked since I first got a whiff in Sephora.

Darhling

Call Me a Cab
I just got Chanel Allure Sensuelle in eau de toilette (it has different notes than the eau de parfum and isn't just lighter).. And I absolutely love it!! I have always been very responsive to perfumes though and this is making me go all prrrrrrrr!!!

Lillemor

One Too Many
I've nearly only worn EL Pure White Linen this summer. When it's cooler I can still wear EA Fifth Ave. After Five. I can't wait 'til the cooler months when I can wear Dior Dolce Vita again. I regret the CK Euphoria purchase and just want to use it up and never buy another one again. Even though I wear much less make-up and my style has over all become simpler, I'm still a fragrance addict.

Restrict jasmine???!!!:eek: :mad:

Jezebel_Amazon

One of the Regulars
I'm actually fan of the First Juicy Couture perfume... It's just Called "Juicy"

It's my signature scent, it has a classic smell to it.. Of Peony Roses. I'm in love with this perfume. It's great all year.

I also find the Original Dior Poison to be such a beautiful mysterious smell. It's stronger so it's good for winter.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo