Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Favourite Scents

~landgirl~

A-List Customer
Brooksie said:
Hi Landgirl,

I have perfume sensitivitys that come and go, when I have problems I will go several months whithout wearing perfume and then it seams to get better then I can wear it again for a few months. For a vintage scent I like Shalimar for non-vintage-Angel and for natural perfume-Aveda "Love" oil.

Brooksie

That is very strange! Perhaps I have a similar thing then?

I haven't yet got to Debenhams so I am still without - I have been writing down a list of a few perfumes mentioned hear (that I liked the sound of) but obviously the truth lies in the squirt so to speak!

Miss Dottie

Practically Family
I just discovered the most gorgeous scent from Diptyque, that store that is best known for its expensive and yummy smelling candles.

I love Oleana the best right now. Although Do'son smells pretty lovely too! Check it out!

LadyStardust

Practically Family
My personal favorite ever is Guerlain Shalimar. Gorgeous, complex, enigmatic..all the things I can only dream of being. :p It's strictly special occasion though, as it cost a pretty penny, and to me, is to precious to spend just everyday.

For everyday I adore Lulu Guinness' line of perfumes, both the original lavender (lilac?) scented one, and a fairly new one called Cast A Spell. Berries, lilac, and amber, oh my!

CanadaDoll

Practically Family
Oh no Lady Stardust! It's not the things you could only dream of being, it brings all those qualities in you to the surface.:)

LadyStardust

Practically Family
Oh, you are a dear. I can but hope! Incidentally, I adore the song which the lines in your signature are from. Astaire absolutely melts my heart. :)

Daisy Buchanan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
LadyStardust said:
My personal favorite ever is Guerlain Shalimar. Gorgeous, complex, enigmatic..all the things I can only dream of being. :p It's strictly special occasion though, as it cost a pretty penny, and to me, is to precious to spend just everyday.

OOHHH, I love Shalimar. My mommy has been wearing it since as long as I can remember. When I miss home, all I have to do is smell Shalimar, and I'm taken back there, and my childhood.

I actually rarely wear perfume. I do use a scented lotion, usually The Body Shop's, can't remember the flavor my mind is blank for some reason even though I put it on every day, it's supposed to be a tangerine but it smells like sweet tarts. So, it's so fragrant, I tend not to put perfume on. But if I'm going out in the evening or have a date, I usually wear Happy by Clinique. It's very soft, and like the lotion I use, it's kind of sweet. I have to wear a mild perfume, for they tend to give me headaches.

LadyStardust said:
Oh, you are a dear. I can but hope! Incidentally, I adore the song which the lines in your signature are from. Astaire absolutely melts my heart. :)
Yes, Fred Astaire, he melt's my heart too. I just love watching him. Why can't men today be like him???:(

Avalon

A-List Customer
Daisy Buchanan said:
OOHHH, I love Shalimar. My mommy has been wearing it since as long as I can remember. When I miss home, all I have to do is smell Shalimar, and I'm taken back there, and my childhood.

My Nanny wore Shalimar, and my Mom does too. I know exactly what you mean. ;)

CanadaDoll

Practically Family
LadyStardust said:

I loove that movie! I was so disappointed when my not so subtle birthday hints went unheeded. Astaire was just fab, they played some of his songs on the radio when i was at work, and I just had the volume going and was dancing around the store!:D

But don't hope, KNOW!

Jenautica

Familiar Face
~landgirl~ said:
Ok - so I want to get my boyfriend a scent for Christmas.. any ideas for me to go smell????

I absolutely love the men's fragrance counter! I've always been fascinated by what men consider a "good smell". I've always liked Dior's Fahrenheit. It's got a very unique scent that I couldn't even begin to describe. I also like Joop. It smells powdery and odd in the bottle, but it evolves into a warmer spicier scent when worn. On the lighter end, I like CK Escape and Aqua di Gio by Armani.

CanadaDoll

Practically Family
I loooooove spicy scents on a fella, they're so warming and safe that you just want to snuggle up to their neck (or chest) and breathe. I don't know what my ex wore but it was very sexy.

Jenautica

Familiar Face
The EDT. There are some sets out there where you can get the EDT, Aftershave and Deodorant for fairly cheap this time of year.

ITG

Call Me a Cab
I wear Poeme (Lancome) and Rapture (Victoria Secrets). I recently discovered 2 new faves:
Princess (Vera Wang)
Heiress (Paris Hilton-smells like sweet tart candies)

Miss_Bri

New in Town
I am quite addicted to the Black Phoenix Alchemy Lab line of essential oil perfumes. Most regular perfumes are too "alcohol-y" for me and make my eyes water. Because BPAL's perfumes are all oil, they don't make my eyes sting. I'm currently wearing "Quincy Morris" from their recent limited line based on the Dracula novel; it's a light, almost floaty leather scent, like a boyfriend's bomber jacket on a brisk fall day.

I tend towards ambers, musks, and Oriental spices - with the occasional foray into citrus.

When I'm not addicted to the BPAL, or I need something my dry skin doesn't devour as quickly (the oils only last about three hours on me, sadly - I just carry little bottles with me to reapply!) - I like "Wild Musk" from Coty, "Amber" from Auric Blends, Shalimar Light, Burberry Brit, and a scent called "Black Widow" that my fiance bought me for my birthday a few years ago - it's oranges and clove and chocolate... Mmm. ^.^

CanadaDoll

Practically Family
Hey ladies, I'm wondering what you Coco Mademoiselle wearers might be able to tell me about the scent. I think I'd like to try it out for springtime, it sounds nice and fresh and.... new I guess.

I thought about No5 and road tested it, I almost suffocated in the baby powder scent my skin brought out in it!!lol

Any opinions on Coco Mademoiselle would be appreciated:D

Lotus Leroux

One of the Regulars
I have Coco Mademoiselle and I love it! Truthfully, I save it for special occasions and I find the scent very rich so I only need to wear a little at a time.

I agree with you about Chanel no. 5. Not my cup of tea either. Though I know that many women swear by it!:)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy