Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Favourite Scents

Katydid

One of the Regulars
Shearer said:
That's so funny! I was going to mention Inis, but I didn't think anyone else would know what I was talking about. I actually wore the lotion today without any scent on top and it stayed with me all day!

:) I get lots of compliments on it but I hate telling people what it is because I'm the only person I know who wears it. Well....aside from you now! I'm selfish :rolleyes:

Shearer

Practically Family
Between all these perfumes and that other Endless shoe thread, I'm going to be broke by the end of the month. March is always bad for me because I tell myself everything I buy is a birthday present. :D

Many thanks for all the recommendations, girls, I'm glad there are so many good smelling ladies out there.

Amber DeCadence

One of the Regulars
Ooh there are a lot of good suggestions on here, although I must admit I have never smelled Chanel no5 :eek: I used to be a big fan of Poison (in my teens) but after going through a phase of Dior Addict (I have all the family of that one) I settled on JPG Classique as my scent, I adore it

HadleyH

I'll Lock Up
Last year I wore a lot of Serge Lutens. Fleurs de Citronnier was one, another was Fleur D'Oranger, it's called Orange Blossoms but it's more like Jasmin, its rich, luscious and intoxicating. Not too sweet not too sharp, very sophisticated. :D A tiny bit goes a long way...

This year I'm moving on, still on the search of the 'perfect' perfume. ;)

Amber DeCadence

One of the Regulars
well I managed to get to the perfume counter this weekend and get my first 'sniff' of Chanel no5 and it is gorgeous! Now I wonder if my mum wants to trade her bottle (she doesnt like it) ;)

Photomuse

Familiar Face
I'm also a Shalimar user when I wear perfume. I prefer woodsy, natural scents over anything else. Day to day I wear a mixed oil from a shop in NYC, has rose oil in it, I don't know what else.

The other perfume I've enjoyed wearing is Boudoir by Vivienne Westwood.

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
i tend to not wear perfume, as a lot of people are allergic to it. my signature scent in high school and college was Yardley Lace, which i still love, but it's not available in the US. i also really like Ellen Tracey and Mariella Burani's signature perfumes. both have a very light, powder scent, which works well on me. for crisp summery scents, i love Eau d'Issey.

what i really love, though, is the scent of Coty face powder. it has the same scent as one of their perfumes, but i can't remember which one. i know it's not widely available anymore. if anyone knows which perfume is used for Coty face powder, i would be most grateful.

my mom always wore Estee Lauder Youth Dew. i've always hated it!

Vettie Lamour

New in Town
I don't think anyone has mentioned one of my faves.... Hermes 24 Fauborg I love this perfume!!

It is classified as a floral but registers as an Oriental, too. And it smells convincingly like a vintage perfume. Many of my favorite notes are here--orange blossom, gardenia, jasmine, amber, oakmoss, sandalwood, ambergris. It is a rich, deep, orangey fragrance that is neither citrusy nor candylike but elegantly floral, even woody.
Smells like the "big" fragrances of the old days, unabashed and sensual... Nostalgic, and evocative of wealth and class.

I have so many different perfumes decorating my vanity, I like to choose what I wear based on my mood.

MissyVamp

New in Town
Rosebud said:
My Mum wore Chanel no 5 and smelt devine but on me it smells of baby powder.

Its funny - I tried Chanel No 5 about 15 years ago and I thought it smelled like baby powder on me too, or like an old lady! but then a couple of years ago I tried it again and loved it. Someone once told me that having children can alter your chemical make up and so a fragrance smells different - so that must be it?

Siobhan

Laughing Magpie

One of the Regulars
Since I just received my first batch of samples from The Black Phoenix Alchemy lab today, I've been reading your posts in this thread with interest! I haven't worn perfume for awhile, but I'm thinking of starting again.

A couple pages back, JazzBaby mentioned having perfumes that reminded her of different cities. I love that! I actually plan before vacations or special events to buy a lotion or shampoo or something that I haven't worn before to bring with me. Then months afterwards, I can use that scent and it immediately sends me back to those good times.

Jen

BegintheBeguine

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I do too! Using Shimmer Lights shampoo reminds me of a lovely trip to Key West when my hair was platinum blonde. (It reminds LolitaHaze of flea dip for dogs! lol ) Using Tresor reminds me of another vacation to the Lake Worth area of Florida. I love those memories.
Alternately, the aroma of Magie Noire reminds me of a terrible Christmas party I experienced. :( Someone else at the party wore it but I hate to smell it anymore, it brings back bad memories.

Rockapin-up

A-List Customer
Hi Ladies,

at the moment I wear Burberry Brit, Be Kissable by Avon and Hello Pretty by Mark (also from Avon). I want to get more but so many to try, I can't make up my mind. :p

Rosie

One Too Many
I wear different scents depending on my mood. Sometimes Chanel's Chance, or Issey Miyake, sometimes Lolita Lempicka. Other times, monoi oil or coconut oil is just fine or , just the scent of me and whatever soap I used that day. :)

beaucaillou

A-List Customer
Lady Stardust,

I've used samples of their stuff before, I recall 'tuberose' most readily, and it was AMAZING. I sold it when I worked at Barney's, so samples prevented me from buying it, though I've considered it recently because it is such great, quality product.

Ladies, it has happened again where my body chemistry has changed so that things which used to smell good on me, now do not. Does this happen to anyone else? A way of combating it I've found, is to buy very small format bottles of perfume so not much is wasted when it no longer harmonizes with my own pheremones, but it's intensely frustrating. Grr.

LadyStardust

Practically Family
beaucaillou said:
Lady Stardust,

I've used samples of their stuff before, I recall 'tuberose' most readily, and it was AMAZING. I sold it when I worked at Barney's, so samples prevented me from buying it, though I've considered it recently because it is such great, quality product.
QUOTE]

Ooh, that's perfect! I'm -so- tempted already, especially by their tea scent! :eek: That sounds DIVINE! And the amber balls too. Do you remember if the scent(s) lasted well/long? That's a big influencing factor for me.

beaucaillou

A-List Customer
Ooh, that's perfect! I'm -so- tempted already, especially by their tea scent! :eek: That sounds DIVINE! And the amber balls too. Do you remember if the scent(s) lasted well/long? That's a big influencing factor for me.

Honestly, I remember it not lasting as long as I would have hoped... very subtle, but richly smelling stuff.

Do you have a Saks or Neiman's by you? I bet that they would sell it and you could try a bunch before committing to buy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot