Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fear Itself (2008)

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
I think they switched, but what they didnt elaborate on was their talks on redemption and penance and obligation. Where the husband (killer) was talking about the family being his second chance, and saying that the inmate (husband) would go straight away to heaven because he was such a good man with no sin.

I thought that tied into the church scenes pretty well, but they didnt even touch on that.

I just dont get it. Its too campy to be scary, and the stories are too superficial to be interesting. So you are just frustrated.

I give this half a season run, tops..

LD

flat-top

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I just finally watched this...not so good. That last scene DID give me a chill however (saying a LOT for this show)!
John Landis does next week's!
If this was a Fall series, it would have been cancelled already.

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
***spoiler alert***

Episode #4

I know i said I was gonna stop watching, but there is nothing else to watch.

The set up took way too long. This episode could have been done in half an hour. Going back to the hall, into the room, back to the hall etc etc.

From the moment we found out who gave her the note I said to myself out loud, "Either its the brother in drag (because hes not at the wedding), or, the note was meant for someone else.

So we spend the other 40 min watching this girl freak out for no reason! But you know, you throw a few suran wraped corpses, and some severed heads in jars in there and that equates the creepy? :eusa_doh:

Also there also a few staging holes in this one. We watch the bride tell one of her bridesmaids, "Stay right here!" in the hall of the church, and in the next scene there she is sitting with the other bridesmaid outside at the reception! WHAT!?

Its like THOSE WHO MADE THE EPISODE didnt even care!

This really isnt gonna get any better, is it?

LD

BegintheBeguine

I know! I knew I wasn't going to be able to watch but 30 minutes of it (I had to get ready to go out, yes, on a Thursday) and I kept saying, did they replay the reels or something? Didn't we just see the girls talking about cold feet once already? Is anything going to happen?
Obviously not.
I'm still going to watch the end on computer, just so I can have a sense of finality. And I'll tune in next week for the whole show.

Selentino

One of the Regulars
Checked out the show tonight. I saw it coming but the ride was still worth it. They had me at the tongue scene, very creepy.

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
This one was WAY better then the others, but was the story better or was it better cause it had more gore?

There were a couple of holes (basic horror movie stuff), but not as many as the other episodes.

I mean really, she passed by chained up glass door with her loaded gun, she couldnt shoot her way out?

Would a police department really leave a skeleton crew with a serial killer in their house? No.

She couldnt find ANY other weapon besides rat poison, in a police precinct, where there are tons of guns and stuff?

The guys got all sweaty after their souls were consumed, all but the captain, and I think that was to throw us off until they were in the holding room.

The scene with her hand in the door was *shutter*.

If they get better from here I think this has a chance!

LD

BegintheBeguine

Well, I'm a poor girl. ;)
The sweatiness abated after he'd garnered the strength and souls of the previous 2 cops he'd eaten before the Sarge, and to throw us off. She didn't have the access code to what I imagine was the weapons room; guns wouldn't be kept out and about what with the public streaming in and out all day to report crimes. The details were much better in this one and the continuity was better: she's a newbie and was resented, therefore wasn't given the access code. Someone (shape-shifted Sarge) had to come in from outside because the door was chained from the outside. Rats were mentioned because of the cop's sloppy eating habits. And of course the key to The Pokey was left for all to see, but that was just funny to me as people in authority are often complacent and big-headed. (Like they think, 'No one's ever escaped before on my watch, why should this one?') I did want her to crash through the glass door with that bookcase or something, but she didn't want the serial killer turned loose on the outside world again.

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
But but, what about the dead cops? They had their weapons on their person. The sarge kept an extra gun in his locker.

I just thought as a cop she would use a bit more ingenuity in finding a weapon other than rat poison :)

I know, Im looking for logic in a voodoo-take over-eat your heart-consume your soul-horror story. :rolleyes:

LD

Doh!

One Too Many
I'm done.

I had high hopes for "Eater" because its director also did Re-Animator, but geez, the protagonist dies at the end AGAIN?? And while I totally accept the voodoo "rules," I don't buy how he was able to get out of his cell in the first place, especially after he was searched "10 times." I hate made up stuff like "Well, cajun voodoo allows him to control the lights and open up his cell door."

Instead, show one of the cops taunting him and maybe the killer reaches through the bars or something. Cut to the same cop walking downstairs, and we'd be none the wiser he's a shape-shifter. The only thing the flashing lights told me was that he has superpowers so ANYTHING could happen during the hour.

Lastly, because the female cop was the only one to read the guy's file, why not have that be the reason only she survives? Eating rat poison was not exactly the mark of a hero. Sigourney Weaver she ain't.

KY Gentleman

One Too Many
I saw the end of tonights episode from about the 10 minute mark.
Chemical spill....Zombies....tough night to reach safety.....shot by accident by someone who thought you were one of the zombies.....anyone ever seen
"Night of the Living Dead"? Bad rip-off I thought.

Bugsy

One Too Many
KY Gentleman said:
I saw the end of tonights episode from about the 10 minute mark.
Chemical spill....Zombies....tough night to reach safety.....shot by accident by someone who thought you were one of the zombies.....anyone ever seen
"Night of the Living Dead"? Bad rip-off I thought.

I'm still working on the fact that she got into the elevator which worked during a power outage. :(

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
This was SO a Cloverfield meets 28 Days Later rip off, I can practically hear the pitch for the episode.

Yeah, why did the elevator work in a power outage, but most of all, why was the boyfriend's apartment door open!?

LD

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR