Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fear Itself (2008)

flat-top

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I'm not sure if anyone else saw the premiere, but it wasn't good at all. I'll keep watching, because it will be different each week. I would have thought that a stronger story would kick the series off. Ah well...

Doh!

One Too Many
I thought it was pretty good, but was disappointed that the creature turned out to be so... ordinary. Also, the whole gun-running thing was too convenient (not that it mattered in the end). Why not make them city boys who bought drugs or something more realistic?

Also, if the girls never left the enclosure, who was decorating the place with old license plates?

Anyway, I'll keep watching.

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
It was cliche out the wa-zoo, but the compound was gorgeous! I wonder where it was filmed. :rolleyes: It wasnt scary, more thriller. You would think people would know by now you cant shoot a vampire!

I was hoping for the creepiness of Tales From the Crypt on a larger budget.

Oh well...

LD

flat-top

Lady Day said:
I was hoping for the creepiness of Tales From the Crypt on a larger budget.

Oh well...

LD
Exactly! Or even some kind of Twilight Zone twist!
This week's episode also sounds familiar:
"A private eye is forced to confront the demons from his past while staking out a haunted house."

Feraud

Bartender
SPOILER ALERT!!

So far so lame..
The first episode had good atmosphere but quickly lost steam.

The second episode with my favorite creepy B-lister Eric Roberts went along o.k. but ended horribly!! That's it?? He gets shot by a dude who had no business carrying a firearm?
If you want to see what the director Brad Anderson can do with creepy check out Session 9. He also directed The Machinist.

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
It had enough plot for a bad film, crammed into a bad episode!

I thought Roberts was fun, but come on! Cant someone be evil WITHOUT at horrible past! Really! Shakespeare did it, Id think in todays time we could write plain old evil characters as well.

I think they are over thinking this, and trying to make mini movies. I wish they would focus on the scary.

LD

Selentino

One of the Regulars
I have a thing for bad movies or television, but this show is losing me. What a waste of Eric Roberts. They failed to use his creepy factor and the ending was silly except for the smile on the womens face. I enjoyed that.

Doh!

One Too Many
Lady Day said:
It had enough plot for a bad film, crammed into a bad episode!

I thought Roberts was fun, but come on! Cant someone be evil WITHOUT at horrible past! Really! Shakespeare did it, Id think in todays time we could write plain old evil characters as well.

I think they are over thinking this, and trying to make mini movies. I wish they would focus on the scary.

LD

Both of your points sum it up quite nicely:

1. Some people are just evil. I don't think Jeffrey Dahmer's folks did anything out of the ordinary that resulted in their son being a cannibal. It was just bad wiring.
  2. Focus on the scary, indeed. It's called Fear Itself, not Somewhat Creepy.

I'll try it again though; probably because there's not much else on in the summer.

Doh!

One Too Many
I don't have cable, but a friend of mine tells me good things about it. I'll have to rent that at some point.

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
I give up on this show.

This one (#3) started out real good, but it went downhill fast.

How was the guy supposta foil the killer if he was in prison the whole time?
Why didnt the wife tell anyone about her strange acting husband?
The husband's visits to the prison to see the inmate were explained away so frivolously. Grrr!

I so thought that ice cream reference was going to come back in an "Oh my, its you!" Type of fashion. Nope. It was all flat.

LD

Doh!

One Too Many
Yeah, they're making it really tough to hang in there. I thought the daughter was going to be the key to whole thing as well -- but in a positive way.

Also, while I don't mind twist endings, this week's was really a downer. If every episode is going to feature the downfall of the protagonist, what's the point? Twilight Zone this ain't!

BegintheBeguine

I thought the ice cream reference was going to come back as well. Then it came to me: they didn't really switch at all, of course! The husband turned into a vicious killer. The killer in jail simply couldn't remember his crimes. He didn't exhibit any especially nice-guy behavior in jail, remember. It took another near-death experience to snap the husband out of it, but by then it was too late. :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner