Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Features on Men

Emily C.

New in Town
As for me:

1. First and foremost, he must be a GENTLEMAN, sadly enough, many guy these days haven't a clue how to be one.

2. Eyes! The kind of eyes that are deep and caring when you look into them.

3. I like a guy to be slightly taller than me, but if he is sweet with a great personality, he can be shorter!

4. It is great to have a guy that likes to dance!
Oh yes, and I LOVE it when a guy dresses classy, no baggy pants and dud-rags for me!!

Lauren

Distinguished Service Award
Miss Neecerie said:
I find it exceedingly humourous that in this thread....which should be about women and what they idealistically like..... there are numerous posts from men saying

'what about this charactistic that I happen to posess'
'how about me?'

etc.

as contrasted with the boy's thread where pretty much none of the women went in and said

'oh but I have a lovely crooked smile' or ' I have a big nose!'

Funny/strange that you all need to do that.....when you know darn well that idealistic qualities are just that, and not judging any one of our lovely FL men.

Denise....who notices way too much social stuff....should have been a sociologist

Haha! I was thinking the same thing. I love that you posted it. Now, I'm off to the boys thread to post something :p

ChorusGirl

Familiar Face
My List...

Hmmm...

First, the (non-negotiable)"invisible":

Shares my faith
Intelligence
Good sense of humor (aren't we all looking for that?)
Is a Gentleman/ lives by the "Golden Rule"
Stable personality
Has chemistry with me

Now for the (ideal) "visible":

Attractive face- that would include:
Nice jawline/has a chin
Pretty eyes- any color
Goofy smile (that you see often)

Also,
Is taller than me (I'm with a lot of you ladies on that one!)
Nice hair- don't care what color either
slender, yet athletic
broad-ish shoulders

Bonus:
Good dancer
Loves animals
Likes foreign food
Will wear vintage!

I'm not asking for too much, am I?? :)

-CG :)

MissQueenie

Practically Family
Ah, 'Neece. I love you. I've been noticing that myself, and I just love the way you have of hitting the nail squarely on the head every time!

I think it's the most adorable thing when men get very flustered (even to the point of outright clumsiness) around a girl they're smitten with. Unfortunately, this has never happened to me as most guys tend to think of me as their "kid sister" right away.

I particularly agree with Lena -- I'm a sucker for that "young and serious" type myself, from time to time ;)

Lauren

Distinguished Service Award
HA! I'm right with you on the sister thing. Kind of cool, but a pain in the butt if you like the guy.

Oh yeah, and I'm with Addi on the faith thing :)

mysterygal

Call Me a Cab
the faith thing IS huge...I've met quite a few women who were christian and married to someone who wasn't....made the marriage a little difficult. I always thougt how sad it would be since your husband is supposed to be your best friend and all if he didn't get what you were trying to share with him.
The bald thing made me think of a magazine article featured on datable men. In the end it basically said you might as well find yourself a bald man with a gut cause that's what your gonna be looking at in 10 years anyways :)
I have always loved Agatha Christie's character, Hercule Pierot...

Miss Neecerie

I'll Lock Up
MissQueenie said:
I think it's the most adorable thing when men get very flustered (even to the point of outright clumsiness) around a girl they're smitten with. Unfortunately, this has never happened to me as most guys tend to think of me as their "kid sister" right away.

At least you get kid sister....

I get 'older advice giving sister'....which is much worse ;)

MissQueenie

Practically Family
Miss Neecerie said:
At least you get kid sister....

I get 'older advice giving sister'....which is much worse ;)

Oh puh-lease -- You're charming and extremely witty! Maybe if you just stopped giving advice? Ooh, or gave really BAD advice...all right, that might be a little toooo devious, but you get my point ;)

Novella

Practically Family
I admire intelligence above everything else. And then eyes - it doesn't matter what color they are, I just like it when they send off a message of intelligence and soulful mystery. Nice cheekbones don't hurt either. :)

Naama

Practically Family
I don't know, there have been so many different kinds of man which attracted me. I like pretty much all sorts of "pretty" guys. Well often I find guys very adorable when other people would even go so far to call them ugly (yes, not nice). And then again I like the pretty boys. But I think I'm definetly searching for something "not perfect". And I love them excentric and a bit on the dandy side!

Naama

BettyValentine

A-List Customer
I wanted smart, funny, and very pretty. (I do go for "pretty" men. I like shiny hair, symmetrical features, long lashes, and nice lips). I like a slim but toned physique. I'm also extremely not into guys who are particularly concerned with being "manly." Or whatever they do. (in my experience only very insecure guys worry about whether or not something they like is cool or manly enough to admit to liking. Confidence is cool.)

So I got this one! ^_^ Ph.D. in archaeology, likes the right books, movies, and comic books, talks puppy talk to fuzzy puppies, is a great dancer, and was a professional opera singer till he decided he'd rather be a professor. Also is super pretty. (A little low-maintenance for my taste. ^_^ I think he could do without the $8 haircut. Do you know how long you have to look to find an $8 haircut in NY?).
http://www.fatwetdog.com/images/gq.JPG

BV

ITG

Call Me a Cab
mysterygal said:
the faith thing IS huge...I've met quite a few women who were christian and married to someone who wasn't....made the marriage a little difficult. I always thougt how sad it would be since your husband is supposed to be your best friend and all if he didn't get what you were trying to share with him.
Yeah, the faith thing is important to me, which is probably why I'm struggling with my boyfriend being Catholic while I'm Protestant. But what a great guy he is!

Lincsong

I'll Lock Up
The faith thing

So how do you ladies deal with the faith thing? My aunts told their Protestant boyfriends in the 1950's that they either converted to Roman Catholicism or there would be no wedding?

mysterygal

Call Me a Cab
I can't really say too much about the faith thing since it was a requirement for me when looking for a boyfriend...I dated men, but for to think serious about a particular one, he had to be Christian....and absolutely not a drunk (which I think the two usually go hand in hand) the funny thing is the guy I ended up marrying thought the way to impress me was to get totally blasted...for a long time I thought of him as someone to hang out with but never a permanent person in my life, it wasn't until we got to really talking that he found out he needed to be just himself ( that was another bad thing, he NEVER did anything bad until meeting me).....so like I tell my girls, it's not worth even dating someone who doesn't share your faith..and I show them the bible verse saying how it just causes trouble.

Naama

Practically Family
BettyValentine said:
I wanted smart, funny, and very pretty. (I do go for "pretty" men. I like shiny hair, symmetrical features, long lashes, and nice lips). I like a slim but toned physique. I'm also extremely not into guys who are particularly concerned with being "manly." Or whatever they do. (in my experience only very insecure guys worry about whether or not something they like is cool or manly enough to admit to liking. Confidence is cool.)

So I got this one! ^_^ Ph.D. in archaeology, likes the right books, movies, and comic books, talks puppy talk to fuzzy puppies, is a great dancer, and was a professional opera singer till he decided he'd rather be a professor. Also is super pretty. (A little low-maintenance for my taste. ^_^ I think he could do without the $8 haircut. Do you know how long you have to look to find an $8 haircut in NY?).
http://www.fatwetdog.com/images/gq.JPG

BV

Oh, you can really consider yourself a lucky girl, I think! (he really looks good! never mind the haircut!).

For faith, I don't really care, as long as he isn't too attached to his religious belifes....

Naama

ITG

Call Me a Cab
Lincsong said:
So how do you ladies deal with the faith thing? My aunts told their Protestant boyfriends in the 1950's that they either converted to Roman Catholicism or there would be no wedding?
Well, I told my BF that I'd never convert to Catholicism. He respects that. I also know if it's not God's will for us to be together, then He will intervene so I'm pretty much leaving the future in God's hands.

Mysterygal, you sound like someone with her priorities straight.

Getting back on topic, a good smile and funny sense of humor goes a long way as well.

ITG

Call Me a Cab
Lincsong said:
Don't any of you ladies like a guy who wears cowboy boots and drives a pickup truck and goes hunting?:)
I like cowboy boots and pickup trucks. If he wants to hunt fine by me although the bloody visual of killing an animal for sport isn't necessarily something I find attractive. And I wouldn't want deer heads/horns hung all around the living room wall, although it might make for an interesting hat rack.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran