Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Features on Men

20thCenturyTim

New in Town
Match really works!

Quigley Brown said:
This is turning into Match.com.

That's how I met my present girlfriend. I actually tried keyword searching words like "retro" and "vintage," but most of these women were far away or just not compatible in other ways. The one I did find is a real "swell" gal. She's not into vintage quite as much as I am. She likes 1890's to 1920's the best. That and hippy. Yikes! I love her just the same. :)

Dashingemt

New in Town
Cant blame you

SwingCat123 said:
My grandfather had/still has a mint cherry red MG-B and while I got to look at it from a distance the second my corvette-driving boyfriend saw he got to drive us around the block. Oh, how I drooled over it and still dream of owning it. Its one thing for the guy to have the cool car, but as a product of the femenist brain-washing I really want the cool car for myself. He can drive it once in a while though :)

Working on one is a pain though!!!!

MissQueenie

Practically Family
CWetherby said:
I liked your list, but in my opinion, knowing how to cook is ok. But even more important than that would be someone who appreciates MY cooking. I've got that maternal, nurturing, "Here, eat this, you'll feel better" thing going on and nothing is more deflating than preparing some fabulous meal and it being pushed around on the plate or eaten with a grimace!! I guess this is so important because I like to cook....:)

How about "not a picky eater"? Although I've been slowly improving, I still burn about one in four dishes I make. I blame this squarely on being a tomboy as a child, and not being raised in a house with good cooks didn't help :p I enjoy food, but I'm intimidated by cooking. A guy who can laugh with me about my culinary disasters and eat them anyhow (or suggest we go out for something edible), would be a real keeper.

I forgot to add "accents" to my list of traits. A nice accent can make an average guy absolutely delicious.

Paisley

I'll Lock Up
I like men with drive and energy. Most of the men in my family are like this, and are very hard workers. Even my dad, age 76, can hardly sit still.

Dashingemt

New in Town
What about being the cook

My lady is deep in her work and school, and even though I have a very deep job (don't be too afraid of Doctors and Lawyers MissQueenie, I am an Occ Health provider) I am usually home first and was blessed with a dad that cooked the meals. He taught me pretty well, so she gets a home cooked meal nearly every day. I figure that would be a quality thats approved of

CWetherby

One of the Regulars
MissQueenie said:
I forgot to add "accents" to my list of traits. A nice accent can make an average guy absolutely delicious.

Oh, yes!! How could I have forgotten that? British, Scottish, Irish, I'm not picky! I can't figure out why that makes a man seem so much more interesting...it's like maybe there's implied depth or something.

And while I'm thinking about it, I should add that a man who carries himself well, with confidence but not arrogance, but is not self-centered....well, YUM!

ITG

Call Me a Cab
MissQueenie said:
Amen! My boyfriend is from Mexico City and has an accent. But his accent doesn't sound Mexican, it sounds more Italian (he speaks French, Spanish, Italian, and English) and I just think his accent is so adorable. You're right on the accent thing, it does add a different dimension. I wonder if the same is true for say the Brits who hear an American accent. If it's a Scottish/British/Irish accent on a guy, then I'm a gonner and could listen to him talk all day long, especially if it's a Scottish accent!

mysterygal

Call Me a Cab
I love british accents!...It's great whenever I get to watch the BBC...just the way that they talk, makes the show funny, usually no matter what their doing

MissQueenie

Practically Family
ITG said:
I wonder if the same is true for say the Brits who hear an American accent.

It's not, as it turns out. At least, it wasn't when I lived in Ireland. I think it was largely due to the pending election -- feelings were running a bit high in Cork City, where I lived -- and Americans weren't particularly welcome in the city. I wasn't charming the lads in Dublin, either.

I spent most of my summers as a teen in the western part of the country, rural Co. Galway. Things were different there -- people were much more down to earth and friendly, more willing to say hello etc. and I found my accent wasn't quite such a turn-off there.

It might be for some Brits (and Irish), but none I've ever met. [huh]

SwingCat123

New in Town
Im all for the brit/scot/irish accented man but what about aussies? Where the brit accent conveys intelligence and depth the aussie makes me smile and want to go out to have a good time even if he just saying g'day.

CWetherby

One of the Regulars
SwingCat123 said:
Im all for the brit/scot/irish accented man but what about aussies? Where the brit accent conveys intelligence and depth the aussie makes me smile and want to go out to have a good time even if he just saying g'day.

Oh, yes!!! Let's put another shrimp on the barby! :)

Irena

One of the Regulars
I've never been one to notice features first on a guy, I notice the way they talk, act, etc. I've even tried to pay attention, but I can't!

Anyway, I like the men who not only have a sense of humor, but are able to understand my sense of humor. My man must also share my faith, and be willing to argue (uh...discuss) on any subject.

And to you guys who keep sneaking around here just so you can think "ah-hah! I fit those ideals, I guess the ladies like me!" : Give it up. When you find the right lady, she'll like you even if you don't fit her ideals.

Dis

New in Town
Brains are an absolute must. He's gotta be smart. That's sexier to me than anything. Same faith is vitally important. Other things that I like on a man are nice hair, fine and shiny. I find silver hair very sexy. I like broad shoulders and taller than me, artistic hands, sparkling eyes, nice cheekbones and a sense of humor. I also like nice glasses on a guy. Icing on the cake is a good singing voice.

I found him when I was in college. He lets me pick his clothes, do his hair and pick his glasses. I really enjoy dressing him up. My very own Ken doll. :D

We're coming up on our 19th anniversary.

mysterygal

Call Me a Cab
I'm same with you Dis, on the silvery hair....especially if it's right around the temple area.....very sexy
but with singing voice, I actually thing it's kind of cute if they sing off key :whistling

Dis

New in Town
That's where he has it. A nice patch on each temple. And he's starting to get a streak over his brow too. Yum! He has a very closely trimmed beard as well and it getting quite silver. The shade is very pure too, not yellowy. His poor head swells something else when I tell him how good he looks!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy