Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Features on Men

Lauren

Distinguished Service Award
There's a sign on the door :) Go take a look for yourself!

Maybe you guys need a men's room? Besides, look at all the forums meant for you guys! We only get one room for all wardrobe needs.

mysterygal

Call Me a Cab
It's amazing that as a guy ages, the more sexier he becomes. Sean Connery is a man that ages beautifully :)
Dis, I read a book called, 'Men are from Mars and Women are from Venus' just for fun once, but even though it's a secular book, it had things in there that were eye opening about the opposite sex....it made me think of the comment you made about how your guy gets all puffed up whenever you tell him how good he looks. In the book it says affirmation is really big with guys. I tried the same thing with my guy and it really works! So whenever he's in a sour mood, I lay the compliments kinda thick and after awhile he's looking like he's king of the world ;)
Marc, I don't know if I trust you to keep those eyes closed the whole time ;)

Lauren

maybe half :)

I think we generally don't mind you boys, but how's a girl supposed to share these things with boys commenting? In this case it's not inappropriate, but in the "lingerie" threads I'm pretty dang sure we all don't like guys sticking in their noses- eyes closed or not! And we don't pop into your "girl" threads and try to pass off how much we are like the ideals you guys are talking about.

No offence, boys, cause you know we all love you :)

Rebecca D

One of the Regulars
Hi there, I’m still new so I’m jumping into this conversation without a lot of you knowing who I am. I’m Rebecca, nice to meet you.

I’m afraid I have pretty high standards for men. I’ve never been interested in careerism so I’m not at all interested in careerist men. That said, however, I pretty much only date men that are fiercely driven and understand that I am fiercely driven. I suppose my dream man is some strange, fiery hybrid of Malcolm X and Leon Trotsky. As far as features go, my dream man will always be Malcolm X. I guess I like ‘em tall, thin, broad-shouldered, dark and handsome. Has anyone ever seen the movie, Once Upon A Time When We Were Colored? Leon, the actor that plays Uncle Melvin also has those sharp, thin features and full lips that I can’t resist. But yeah, Malcolm X was just so darn sexy!

Has anyone ever seen the old photos of Malcolm back in the 1940s? Handsome!

m002.jpg

Dis

New in Town
Mystery: So true! I wish it were true of women too. :(

Rebecca: He is good looking! I just hadn't seen him outside of those black glasses he wore.

My man has those sharp features and full lips too -even though he's blond haired and blue-eyed. He has gorgeous cheekbones too.

Rebecca D

One of the Regulars
Dis, I giggle like a school girl every time I look at that photo of young Malcolm. What is it about cheekbones that could cut glass?

He was just so darn handsome!

youngmalcsmall.jpg

Tin Pan Sally

Rebecca D said:
I’m afraid I have pretty high standards for men. I pretty much only date men that are fiercely driven and understand that I am fiercely driven. I guess I like ‘em tall, thin, broad-shouldered, dark and handsome.

I agree, about the tall, muscular, flat abs, broad shoulders, narrow hips physique. YUMMY! I also like a strong jaw with angular facial features. I'm not picky about the coloring of skin/hair/eyes. I usually end up with some scrawny guy, but we can dream. Men who are driven to change the world for the better are so sexy. Plus this breed of man is secure enough to accept my independent streak.
I disagree about men improving with age. Those nice biceps drop down to become dangling bat wings. Plus the balding, wrinkles, pot belly, gravity flab, putty butt, yellow teeth, ear and nose hair are not for me. The only good thing is that their sex drive goes down. This reads mean-spirited, so I'll say that I wouldn't leave someone over the physical falling apart, it's just not my ideal. It's a fact of life though.

mysterygal

Call Me a Cab
aging

yeah,but the body thing doesn't bother me as long as they don't let themselves go too far downhill....*laughs* and what is up with the whole sex drive thing? that's starting to happen between me and the hubby already. Maybe some kind of cosmic joke :p (can we talk about this in here?)

Dixon's Dame

Familiar Face
Mysterygal summed up the features I look for on the first page!

1. Eyes
2. Broadish shoulders (particularly the line of them, and the way a suit then falls in clean lines, and right along with that goes a man's posture - no slouching)
3. Hands

ITG

Call Me a Cab
mysterygal said:
It's amazing that as a guy ages, the more sexier he becomes. Sean Connery is a man that ages beautifully :)
Oh and Paul Newman has aged very nicely as well.

'Men are from Mars and Women are from Venus' just for fun once, but even though it's a secular book, it had things in there that were eye opening about the opposite sex....it made me think of the comment you made about how your guy gets all puffed up whenever you tell him how good he looks. In the book it says affirmation is really big with guys. I tried the same thing with my guy and it really works! So whenever he's in a sour mood, I lay the compliments kinda thick and after awhile he's looking like he's king of the world ;)
Marc, I don't know if I trust you to keep those eyes closed the whole time ;)
Another book to read is "The 5 Love Languages" by Chapman(?). It talks about how everyone has a different way they communicate their love. Some people feel loved when spending quality time together, some when they get presents, some with words of affirmation, some with doing things for the other person (like washing sig.other's car), etc and some have combination love languages. A good book for a couple to read.

ITG

Call Me a Cab
Lauren, What I liked about it was that there's a test you can take (I think it's in a separate work book) so that you and your sig. other can compare your primary love language(s). My beau and I both had Quality Time as our #1 love language. But he rated higher on needing words of affirmation so it helps me to be more conscience to praise him for various things.

Lauren

ITG said:
Lauren, What I liked about it was that there's a test you can take (I think it's in a separate work book) so that you and your sig. other can compare your primary love language(s). My beau and I both had Quality Time as our #1 love language. But he rated higher on needing words of affirmation so it helps me to be more conscience to praise him for various things.

Wow! That's really neat! I've never dated someone with the same "love language" as me. I like the quiz, too!

Here's a link to their site for those of you who want to check out the five love languages books and all.

Barbigirl

Practically Family
Lauren Henline said:
I second the "five love languages". It truly transformed the way I view romance, and for the better.

This is a great book, Maintcoder referred it to me not so long after we first met and I just referred it to a girlfriend who is have issues with her new man.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy