Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

February / March Jacket Orders - What are you expecting?

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
It's this place that encouraged me away from the untucked look when wearing a jacket, I feel better for it, tbh.

nick123

I'll Lock Up
Higher rise necessary? Great patina on the jacket, btw.

You'll have a laugh at this, but the patina ain't what it's cracked up to be. Looking at it, I see an old jacket with some mileage rather than being wowed by the leather. I wouldn't call the leather spectacular by any means. But the design features, and the fact that it comes from a different time are what I like.

Last edited:

nick123

I'll Lock Up
Nick, I disagree that the G-1 is too long in the body and think it looks great.

Thank you Fanch. It really is a bit long (haven't measured, but I'm guessing 27.5-28") , having tried my fair share of them on, but not unwearable at all. Appreciated man.

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
You'll have a laugh at this, but the patina ain't what it's cracked up to be. Looking at it, I see an old jacket with some mileage rather than being wowed by the leather. I wouldn't call the leather spectacular by any means. But the design features, and the fact that it comes from a different time are what I like.

Really? It looks good from here, but I've got to say that having been burned with the 'patina' thing on vintage jackets, I know where you're coming from.

nick123

I'll Lock Up
image.jpg

pawineguy

One Too Many
Contacted Langlitz about my jacket to discuss a small possible change and found out that it's arriving tomorrow. They beat their estimated delivery by 4 weeks. Now I have to throw it in the jacket pile until all this damn snow and cold goes away.

nick123

I'll Lock Up
That Winward is fine fit on you. Is the Winward marked for size? The G1 just looks too big.

I'd argue both jackets are about one size big, but they're comfortable fits, and I'm alright with them that way. Nope, no marked size on the W. Were they issued without size tags?

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up
The tags are often lost, some at collar others in pockets. I have a couple of Winward jackets and they are fine quality with often just something a little different in their style. Their 50s steerhide is about as tough a leather as I have found on a vintage jacket.

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up
that is the Winward I was complementing in the classified, Nice catch on that one. I wear jackets in up and down sizes, just depends.

ProteinNerd

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Lol a thread necro from a year ago but what the hell...

I've got a Pike Bros N1 Deck Jacket making its way to me from TFL member Cooperson. Hopefully it will be cold enough here one day to get some wear out of it [emoji6]

Superfluous

My Mail is Forwarded Here
So far, I have purchased the following jackets this year:

Himel Brothers Frobisher (black Shinki) (supposed to receive next week, stock photo)

tumblr_o25bb5KH7O1qardm0o1_500.jpg

Rogue Territory Supply Jacket (black, waxed canvas, blanket lined)

Rogue%20Territory%20Supple%20011_zpsvl3fyqsc.jpg

Rogue Territory Supply Jacket (denim, desert wash) (stock photo)

IMG_7717_1024x1024.jpg

RRL Deck Jacket (gray jungle cloth) (supposed to receive tomorrow, photo from seller):

25333082135_98f35727b2_b.jpg

Good Wear Modoc (due in May)

front_view2.jpg

No definite plans beyond the foregoing

Dickie Teenie

A-List Customer
You guys are killin it this spring. After a stockist backed out of their stacked discount on a Himmel Kennsington i paid for, they claim they don't ship to my country which is hogwash i put an order in for a DD J 100. I'm at that age where I can get a few years wear out of it and by then my Goodwear number will be up to bat. After the DD it's back to cloth.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran